Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 8)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amy76 wrote: »
    It doesn't make any sense that Rob would want to live at the Barlow house, or even that Tracey would want to live with her mother. It's implied that Tracey is rampant in the bedroom department, so why would you want your mother and daughter in the house when you are like that? I know Tracey is brazen, but surely she would want more privacy and would rather live at Rob's fancy flat.

She wants to live with her mother because she will pay less rent than if they were living ta robs
  • OndineOndine Posts: 3,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3sweet5u wrote: »
    She wants to live with her mother because she will pay less rent than if they were living ta robs

Dreary said that she would have to pay a realistic rent which made Tracyluv pull a face. It sounds more like a plot device to have her living there for some reason as she would surely prefer the Victoria Court flat over a grotty terrace. Scriptwriters must have something in mind.
  • Amy76Amy76 Posts: 625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    3sweet5u wrote: »

I know that is the reason stated, but realistically, what couple in their 30's, where one of them has their own place, would want to give that up to move in with the mother, unless they were really strapped for cash, which doesn't seem to be the case for Rob and Tracey. Only a few months ago Rob was adamant that he didn't want Tracey moving in to his flat with Amy, so why would he now want to live with both Amy and Deirdre?
  • Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    Ondine wrote: »
    Dreary said that she would have to pay a realistic rent which made Tracyluv pull a face. It sounds more like a plot device to have her living there for some reason as she would surely prefer the Victoria Court flat over a grotty terrace. Scriptwriters must have something in mind.
    Perhaps she's going to do a Charlie on her mother to get the house - that's why she killed Charlie.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Won't Rob's 6 months rent free at the bookies be up soon? Will they start paying Peter rent or will he get the shop back?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janet43 wrote: »
    Perhaps she's going to do a Charlie on her mother to get the house - that's why she killed Charlie.

But the house would go to Ken if he ever comes back from Canada. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Won't Rob's 6 months rent free at the bookies be up soon? Will they start paying Peter rent or will he get the shop back?

I don't even remember that. Old brains just don't retain stuff from 6 months ago. :D
  • MeldrewmanMeldrewman Posts: 3,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't even remember that. Old brains just don't retain stuff from 6 months ago. :D

In common with the Corrie writers!
  • MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That will, of course, be forgotten by the scriptwriters !
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lou_25 wrote: »
    My SOR was in the Rovers when a group of customers were asked to vacate their table prior to Roy and Hayley arriving and they did so immediately. Can't imagine that happening in a real pub, after all you don't book a seat when you go in.

This happened to me and an ex-girlfriend once in a pub in Peterborough. We had eaten a meal and it was getting close to 7pm and someone from behind the bar came to us and said we would have to move as we were sat in Toms* seat and he comes in at 7pm and always sits in that seat.

We were planning on leaving anyway so did, but always look back and wonder what would have happen if we were sat there when Tom* came in.

* - May not have been 'Tom', this was in the mid 90's and can't really recall the actual name.
  • desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meldrewman wrote: »
    :D:D:D

:D:D:D:D

After we stopped laughing, we thought he looked more like Minnie than Micky!: How embarrassing showing off those minging legs, more like two **** hanging out of a packet!:blush:
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Do you think it could be to do with Peter and Tina? It is Peter's dad's house and Simon is always round there. It could be a re-run of when David overheard Gail and Kylie. Rob overhears and learns about Peter's fling with Tina. He hates Peter and Carla is his sister.
  • ofniofni Posts: 3,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This happened to me and an ex-girlfriend once in a pub in Peterborough. We had eaten a meal and it was getting close to 7pm and someone from behind the bar came to us and said we would have to move as we were sat in Toms* seat and he comes in at 7pm and always sits in that seat.

We were planning on leaving anyway so did, but always look back and wonder what would have happen if we were sat there when Tom* came in.

* - May not have been 'Tom', this was in the mid 90's and can't really recall the actual name.

I remember that. I KNEW someone had been sitting in MY seat just before I arrived, though they swore blind they'd kept it vacant for me! Hmmph, bone-to-pick-and-glass-of-Bombardier-on-the-house-time I reckon.>:(

Signed Tom
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member

lol, he would have got his mate with big muscles and 6 foot tall, named Jerry on to ya :D * throws you out the door* :D
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Good spot.
  • tuppencehapennytuppencehapenny Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but the woman who came into the café looking for Hayley surely would not have announced so publicly that she was there to conduct the humanist funeral ceremony. Wouldn't she have just asked for her, then spoken to her privately?
  • MeldrewmanMeldrewman Posts: 3,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but the woman who came into the café looking for Hayley surely would not have announced so publicly that she was there to conduct the humanist funeral ceremony. Wouldn't she have just asked for her, then spoken to her privately?

Yes, just as ridiculous as Haley, in obvious pain, sitting at one of the café tables instead of staying in the flat.
  • Busy_LizzieBusy_Lizzie Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    Is it just me or does Tina's scouse brow look particularly awful today?

In some scenes her eyebrows look tattooed on, then in others they are normal. She has obviously had some work done on them, but the scenes must have been shot out of sequence.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she's had them tattooed on, I actually tweeted her and asked, but she of course didn't reply. I'm actually considering getting mine done so it was out of genuine interest.
  • Busy_LizzieBusy_Lizzie Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    I think she's had them tattooed on, I actually tweeted her and asked, but she of course didn't reply. I'm actually considering getting mine done so it was out of genuine interest.

I think she looks much better before!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm from Liverpool, eyebrows are quite a big deal here!
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank goodness the Kyle-leh and David saga has concluded...with the obvious end result we saw coming from the very start:(
  • KrstiKrsti Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    Sorry just caught up with last weeks eps. That Carla is a blummin cheeky cow, Roy says No I don't you disturbing my terminally ill, soon to die wife and she completely ignores his wishes and barges in there anyway. What a bitch.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    Thank goodness the Kyle-leh and David saga has concluded...with the obvious end result we saw coming from the very start:(

I think Kylie going off the rails was not done to reunite she and David as a couple, but primarily to rehabilitate David with the viewers......it would be very hard for people to empathise with him after the year he's had so they had to come up with a ridiculous "Kylie becomes reckless and irresponsible" storyline in order to make him look good.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    I think Kylie going off the rails was not done to reunite she and David as a couple, but primarily to rehabilitate David with the viewers......it would be very hard for people to empathise with him after the year he's had so they had to come up with a ridiculous "Kylie becomes reckless and irresponsible" storyline in order to make him look good.

He's still a sociopath though and a danger to all around him.
    Bet this will be all forgotten about till the next storyline requires evil David to emerge again:blush:
This discussion has been closed.