Humax Noob... idiot's guide??

2912pwil2912pwil Posts: 16
Forum Member
Just got a Humax 1010S. Setting up etc fine, Freesat channels sorted, wi-fi connected, off & running, recording etc etc...

But: Couple of niggles.... if you guys could bear with an old S*y hand who don't understand this new-fangled Humax stuff...

a) Is there an "Idiot's guide" to this box anywhere on't t'InterWeb???? The manuals that came with it were "sparse"... or helpful websites??
b) Non-Freesat channels: DId a scan, got loads, but almost none of them appear viewable & I can't find a list (on the box) of what there are, nor how to re-scan....
c) (Minor I know) - is there a way of dimming or blanking the front display??

Regards & thanks in advance...

Comments

• grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You need to select non encrypted channels when scanning otherwise you get dozens of Sky encrypted channels. To re-scan either select all TV channels in non freesat and delete them, followed by same procedure for Radio. Otherwise a factory reset will get rid (make a note of your recording schedule first).

Look in Help and Info for some details of how to use the box.
  • 2912pwil2912pwil Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    Thanks Graham: Getting used to it!
  • soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,456
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2912pwil wrote: »
    b) Non-Freesat channels: DId a scan, got loads, but almost none of them appear viewable & I can't find a list (on the box) of what there are, nor how to re-scan....

Regards & thanks in advance...
    As grahamthompson indicated, you need to select non encrypted channels when scanning (you may still get some channels that are encrypted where the broadcaster hasn't set the encryption flag).

This internet page has a list of the additional channels available to those on Freesat http://wiki.tv-live.org.uk/index.php?title=List_of_channels_on_Freesat_(UK) - scroll down to Non-Freesat Mode section. On my box I have deleted the channels already on Freesat and genre's I'm not interested in to have a smaller set to surf through. I have also re-ordered to my own preference.
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭