'Revenge of the Egghead'. BBC2, 18.00

191011121315»

Comments

• TheGrumpWizardTheGrumpWizard Posts: 1,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dsimiller wrote: »
    Have just submitted a complaint to those buggers at BBC.I will have to wait up to two weeks for an official reply.They don't seem to give two hoots about us do they?
    Ah well,rant over for now.
    That they are actually bothering to reply is a step forward.

Their attitude to 'customer relations' is that of Brian Clough's when dealing with players that disagreed with him...'We talk about it for 20 minutes then decide I was right.'
  • Y MeY Me Posts: 4,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This show is absolutely terrible.

I love it!!!!!
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope these gets a new series. I actually enjoyed it more than the usual 'Eggheads'.

It's fixed.. Our hero got the easier questions.
  • dsimillerdsimiller Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope these gets a new series. I actually enjoyed it more than the usual 'Eggheads'.

Agree.Eggheads I feel is now stale and dated by comparison.Still annoyed about missing the last episode though,due to tennis.Still not showing on i player.
  • davadsdavads Posts: 8,643
    Forum Member
    dsimiller wrote: »
    Agree.Eggheads I feel is now stale and dated by comparison.Still annoyed about missing the last episode though,due to tennis.Still not showing on i player.

It is there. It's Episode 30.
  • dsimillerdsimiller Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davads wrote: »
    It is there. It's Episode 30.

Thanks for the info davads
  • george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    I actually really like Eggheads - it seems quite poorly regarded in the quizzing community, but it's one of my favourite quizzes. I like that it's very chilled-out, focussing more on decent general knowledge than on pressure (no time limit, for instance). I think the questions are a good standard as well - they're hard enough that it's a difficult one to win even with multiple choice, but not as obscure as University Challenge or Only Connect. It could do with a few more questions in an episode, but then you could say that about Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?, one of the most successful quiz shows we've ever had (if not the most).
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    I actually really like Eggheads - it seems quite poorly regarded in the quizzing community, but it's one of my favourite quizzes. I like that it's very chilled-out, focussing more on decent general knowledge than on pressure (no time limit, for instance). I think the questions are a good standard as well - they're hard enough that it's a difficult one to win even with multiple choice, but not as obscure as University Challenge or Only Connect. It could do with a few more questions in an episode, but then you could say that about Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?, one of the most successful quiz shows we've ever had (if not the most).

The problem though is that the first question in each of the rounds is just so ridiculously easy! Plus ... its so slow ... as you say - it would be good to get more questions per show. I feel a way to achieve this would be for the question-master to get a rocket up his arse ... and have each round best of 5 and not 3.
    Forum Member
    The problem though is that the first question in each of the rounds is just so ridiculously easy! Plus ... its so slow ... as you say - it would be good to get more questions per show. I feel a way to achieve this would be for the question-master to get a rocket up his arse ... and have each round best of 5 and not 3.

There was actually a brief period in 2005 when the final round was best of five, but this idea was dropped for some reason.
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member

If there were more questions then the slimy Jeremy Vine wouldn't be able to treat the audience to his own particular brand of smarmy chat. I cannot stand him. If they cut the chat they could easily have another round of questions.
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    SULLA wrote: »
    It's fixed.. Our hero got the easier questions.

Yes, it was noticeable that CJ's 10 questions were usually significantly easier than those asked to the contestants.

I still enjoyed it though. The pace was better than 'Eggheads' and Vine had less chance to eke out every single moment.
    Forum Member
    If there were more questions then the slimy Jeremy Vine wouldn't be able to treat the audience to his own particular brand of smarmy chat. I cannot stand him. If they cut the chat they could easily have another round of questions.

In fairness, you could say the same for Pointless, and that's extremely popular just the way it is. Besides, it's not always Jeremy. Sometimes it's Dermot, and he doesn't chat so much.
  • treetreetreetree Posts: 1,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ratty0 wrote: »
    I only saw a couple of minutes of the show with CJ. I'm sure I have heard/read elsewhere that he is a really really nice guy, and just acts for the cameras. I find him really irritating on TV though, he's quite childish.

He is a nice bloke in "reallife" it shows sometimes when hes having a laugh about an answer and also when they show him nodding and acknowledging cos the contestant's get the answers right
  • Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CJ is running in today's London Marathon!