Kim Jong-un haircut? No problem!!

Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
Forum Member
✭✭
Hilarious!!

A London Hairdresser with a sense of humour stuck a poster up in his shop window of Kim Jong-un reading, "Bad Hair Day? 15% off all Gents cuts through April".

But instead of attracting customers, it attracted 'officials' from the North Korean Embassy who gathered outside taking photographs and making notes, then ordered him to take the poster down as he was being disrespectful to their Leader! The Hairdresser told them, " this is England and not North Korea and told them to get their lawyers!!" :D

He eventually removed it but his clients told him to ignore the Korean 'officials' and put it back up.

The Police then got involved but the poster remains!! :D

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/north-korean-officials-threaten-london-hairdresser-who-used-shop-window-picture-of-kim-jongun-9261770.html

Comments

• SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The funnier part is the whole story about Kim-Jong forcing that on the men of Korea was total BS. Some newspaper made it up and everyone else ran with it.
  • AxtolAxtol Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    Semierotic wrote: »
    The funnier part is the whole story about Kim-Jong forcing that on the men of Korea was total BS. Some newspaper made it up and everyone else ran with it.

Another example of why people shouldn't always believe every piece of gossip they read in the papers but it's easy to let yourself believe any negative rumours about a man who we know for a fact has done nasty stuff in the past.
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Axtol wrote: »
    Another example of why people shouldn't always believe every piece of gossip they read in the papers but it's easy to let yourself believe any negative rumours about a man who we know for a fact has done nasty stuff in the past.

This is the thing. Basically the papers can say anything they want about N Korea, and because we know the guy's a dick we'll believe it.
  • AxtolAxtol Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    stoatie wrote: »
    This is the thing. Basically the papers can say anything they want about N Korea, and because we know the guy's a dick we'll believe it.

He obviously is a bad man but I've no doubt that some of the more extreme stories reported about him are false. The word of every North Korean defector is instantly accepted as truth by the media using the word "revealed" instead of "alleged" while discussing their claims. If the North started publishing scare stories of the South quoting a defector our media would be calling the integrity of the defector into account and asking what proof they had. They don't seem to demand proof or question the integrity and motivation of the defector which is very silly especially when you consider that people wanting asylum have a very good motive to exaggerate or even lie about the hardship they will face at home in order to be accepted.
  • dreadnoughtdreadnought Posts: 1,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/12/28/article-2079237-0F495D8000000578-781_964x576.jpg

I like the fact that the North Korean Embassy is just an ordinary house on Gunnersbury Avenue. Wonder if they are good neighbours ?
  • Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Axtol wrote: »
    I think one or two have gone off on the wrong tangent on this 'news' item and indulged a platform of political ideology along with an anti-media rant.

Some bloke stuck a poster up in his shop window FGS!! The photograph is there to prove it's existence! :confused:

Or was it the work of subversives and political activists busying themselves with Photoshop? :cool:
  • dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »
    I think one or two have gone off on the wrong tangent on this 'news' item and indulged a platform of political ideology along with an anti-media rant.

Some bloke stuck a poster up in his shop window FGS!! The photograph is there to prove it's existence! :confused:

Or was it the work of subversives and political activists busying themselves with Photoshop? :cool:

:D - It's the story about Korean men having to have the same haircut that's being questioned here.
  • nafanny29nafanny29 Posts: 1,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ill take one for the team and have an "Un" haircut

Im not keen on a "Kim" or a "Jong"
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 33,944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More like Hilhairious :D

If he sees anyone with a flamethrower, id run if i was him :p
  • Madridista23Madridista23 Posts: 9,422
    Forum Member
    If complaining about a poster in a hair-dressers is all the N. Korean embassy staff have to worry about, they clearly don't have enough work to do.

That poster looked pretty accurate to me........ :D
  • LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    Very amusing :D
  • jioscarjioscar Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I was young we all had haircuts like that our parents did it I think it was the basin cut >:(
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well played by the hairdresser. They have now been in newspapers and TV across the country. That's the sort of publicity that you can't buy.
  • Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/12/28/article-2079237-0F495D8000000578-781_964x576.jpg

I like the fact that the North Korean Embassy is just an ordinary house on Gunnersbury Avenue. Wonder if they are good neighbours ?

I used to drive past it every weekday morning.
    I never noticed it was there. I never saw that flag or flagpole.
    Forum Member
    The owner is now thinking of offering a "Putin wet shave".
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    I'd have told the embassy officials where to go.
    Forum Member
    Cryolemon wrote: »
    I'd have told the embassy officials where to go.

He did.
  • HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same with the Hitler moustache and hair-do. What is it with these dictators that they make such bizarre styling choices?
  • kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    Hogzilla wrote: »
    Same with the Hitler moustache and hair-do. What is it with these dictators that they make such bizarre styling choices?

It's in the "Big Book of Style for Dictators, Tyrants and other Baddies"

That's why they all wear those buttoned up Mao Suit Jackets, it's the done thing.