Suits S3 (UK) [No spoilers]

Comments

• degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    How is Mike going to get around his faked grades?

And does Louis ever do any actual work????
    Yes but he usually ****s it up and has to get Harvey to bail him out
  • Eagle9aEagle9a Posts: 20,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone remind me why Mike never actually went to Harvard?

I recall at some stage (during a flashback show) he had an offer of a place but never got there.

I presume it was something to do with drugs or taking the wrap for drugs for someone else but cant actually remember.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eagle9a wrote: »
    Can someone remind me why Mike never actually went to Harvard?

I recall at some stage (during a flashback show) he had an offer of a place but never got there.

I presume it was something to do with drugs or taking the wrap for drugs for someone else but cant actually remember.

His college roommate was caught selling the tests Mike was completing for students to pass their tests. The roommate was the son of the dean who knew it was Mike completing the tests and told Mike he would make sure Mike would never get into Harvard.
  • Eagle9aEagle9a Posts: 20,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His college roommate was caught selling the tests Mike was completing for students to pass their tests. The roommate was the son of the dean who knew it was Mike completing the tests and told Mike he would make sure Mike would never get into Harvard.

ahh I remember now, many thanks for that :)
  • chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed last night's Episode.
    Best one all series for me so far.

I did want them to tell Jessica about the Louis/Mike situation though.
  • catsittercatsitter Posts: 4,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not quite - one of the students that Trevor sold the tests to was the daughter of the dean.
    Forum Member
    I did want them to tell Jessica about the Louis/Mike situation though.
    Not sure what it would achieve apart from possibly dragging it out even more which was a problem with the Hessington saga.

It wrapped up nicely in the end even though I was kind of on Louis' side on the issue.
    Forum Member
    Good episode last night. A case of the week.

Hessington is over.
    The secret is over for the time being.

I guess there could be a running storyline with Scottie and Louis but at least it's new.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm Moby goddam Dick and you just swam in my waters. :D
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    So close to ending an episode on a happy note for a change.
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the "close out" song for last night's episode was well chosen. I recognised it straight away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cmv7Y0fbVpQ
    Forum Member
    A good episode. Plenty of things going on to keep the viewers interested.

They have a 4th series lined up don't they? Just thinking about the storyline about Mike being trapped and possibly breaking out?
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    A good episode. Plenty of things going on to keep the viewers interested.

They have a 4th series lined up don't they? Just thinking about the storyline about Mike being trapped and possibly breaking out?

Could the show work without Mike?
    Will he leave?
    Now that Scotty is around again are they lining her up to be Harvey's sidekick if Mike leaves?
    Forum Member
    So....we're done with the whole 'secret' nonsense now?
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,682
    Forum Member
    Only until such time as it's needed as a plot device again :D
    Forum Member
    So can Mike be in the limelight now? He's still in the same position isn't he?

There are still people who should have been in his class/year at Harvard who will wonder where this hotshot lawyer popped up from
    Forum Member
    I dunno. I'm confused as well.

When this show was a comedy/drama I was fine with the secret, but since they switched to misery-mode it's just.....dumb. Aside from Mike staying out the limelight the firm also has to avoid hiring top quality graduates from the only place they hire from.....people like Harold is fine, but people like the woman Louis tried to hire? Nope. Too risky.
  • storm818storm818 Posts: 811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

There are still people who should have been in his class/year at Harvard who will wonder where this hotshot lawyer popped up from

He still can't be in the limelight, but by this gives him and P&S an added layer of security incase anyone snoops around and checks his details with the BAR.
  • Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never been Donnas biggest fan but thank gawd she gave Harvey some home truth about Scotty.

That woman has been a pain since she first turned up, never liked her and the constant scowl she has on her face at the moment is beyond annoying me.

P.s. yes I know I said I was giving up on Suits, but purlease have you seen what else is on Freeview on a Thursday?

P.p.s. I get Castle at US pace via iTunes
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hamlet77 wrote: »
    Never been Donnas biggest fan but thank gawd she gave Harvey some home truth about Scotty.

That woman has been a pain since she first turned up, never liked her and the constant scowl she has on her face at the moment is beyond annoying me.

P.s. yes I know I said I was giving up on Suits, but purlease have you seen what else is on Freeview on a Thursday?

P.p.s. I get Castle at US pace via iTunes

Yes. The Good Wife, Person of Interest, Arrow and other great shows.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. The Good Wife, Person of Interest, Arrow and other great shows.

POI is at 10 p.m. I record that and I never got into TGW. And I can't find Arrow.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hamlet77 wrote: »
    POI is at 10 p.m. I record that and I never got into TGW. And I can't find Arrow.

TGW is the best show on TV. Arrow is on Sky 1 at 8pm. On Sky +1 also at 9. I think 24 is also repeated on Sky on Thursdays plus there's a repeat of Bates Motel on Universal at 9. So there's plenty to watch. It's probably the best night of the week for choice. There's too much choice on Thursdays not too little.
    Forum Member

Well, they did kind of address that when they said he'd faked his grades.
    Kind of.
    He told Louis that he didn't attend that 'never give an A+' professor's lectures because he'd read the books the prof had published and memorised everything etc etc.

So I suppose because of his photographic memory he could 'ace' all his classes without attending and get round the problem of people not knowing him.

I did say they'd kind of addressed it. :D

Donna is right..........Harvey must NOT tell Scotty Mike's secret.
    >:(
  • catsittercatsitter Posts: 4,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agh, so many things in the last couple of episodes have made no sense and one minute we are supposed to forget all about something, then the next minute it's vitally important. Surely while Louis was off sick, Scottie would have had to fill in for him on that case that all the fuss was about, and then he said he was coming back part-time while he recovered from the heart attack, so he would likely still need people to fill in on some of his cases. So I was surprised they didn't resolve the issue over that case last week. Or was the case already all finished with, in which case what was the point of making such a song and dance about it in the first place?

As for Scottie being so desperate to know exactly what favour Louis did for Harvey, if I were Harvey I would have said, "Well, since you insist on knowing, I asked him not to tell Jessica about you hacking my emails and sending him (Louis) a fake email from me asking him to work all night on some made-up case. Oh, funnily enough, it was just a couple of days after that that he had his heart attack. I wonder whether it was anything to do with that all-nighter?" Surely that would stop her poking her nose in any further!

And also on the subject of Louis's heart attack, then in this episode Jessica is raising hell about him not being in the office, Donna (his best friend last week!) doesn't even notice or care, and neither Katrina nor Rachel thinks to ask Donna's advice about him. Then Jessica has him work all night! Was that really worth the risk to his health? And what was he working on? Did they say they were changing from a partnership to a limited company or some such? Wouldn't they need a meeting of all the partners to agree to it? Would the partners really agree if the only reason is to stop that guy looking at the books? Oh, and did he ever ask to look at the books when Daniel Hardman was embezzling?

I'm glad there is only 1 episode of season 3 left, and I really hope they can get it back on track for season 4. Back to the light episodic comedy drama it used to be, and stop having all these big heavy plotlines that make no sense.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TGW is the best show on TV. Arrow is on Sky 1 at 8pm. On Sky +1 also at 9. I think 24 is also repeated on Sky on Thursdays plus there's a repeat of Bates Motel on Universal at 9. So there's plenty to watch. It's probably the best night of the week for choice. There's too much choice on Thursdays not too little.

No wonder can't find Arrow on Freeview.