Madonna Appreciation Thread (Part 8)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    The chorus of American life is amazing. I do like the song but it coulda done with a bit more work. You know how Madge sometimes thinks she's deep and philosophical? Well some of her lyrics are a bit children at times. On Mother & Father "my father used to have to go to work, I thought he was a jerk!" Such a cringe lyric! Before anyone says she's seeing from a 6 yr olds point of view, it's still a lame lyric! Having bitched all that, American Life is in my top 3 albums of hers. X-static process and Nothing Fails are great folk songs
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I LOVED the single American Life....i was 11 when the song came out :) but remember when was on the radio and tried to learn the rap lol!

All i can say is regardless of That video not airing....i am gald recently she is taking thsoe risks we love her for again...on the MDNA tour, in her viral marketing videos last year...and now with the social media take overs...REDICULOUS all those horrible fan wars...Little Monsters make me ill in their comments truthfully sickening...hard to like gaga at the same time...when Madonna is fosucing WORLDWIDE on wars and poverty and issues going on, prejudice, social attacks....and we need the first world to get on baord and pus forward...i mean we have the capability to know the power of social media...but instead we would rather bash an artist/celebrity rather than using the internet power to push forward ...rediculous :D

Rant over! I lvoe the posts she does on instagram the past few weeks in particular...very clever, and behind the scenes stuff i love...regardless of what older M fans think of Avicii or Cherry Cherry Boom Boom or Natalia Kills or S1 or MoZilla....I am glad that she is teaming up with a great eclect group of talented people she can work with to push her vision forward rather than hold her back. Cannot wait to hear how far M pushes herself on this album musically and indeed vocally.....really excited to listen to what she does.
  • Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her new album will definitely be interesting. I'm not sure what to expect but I'm intrigued. A lot of people were expecting oh, it's just going to be another dance album with her working with just dj's. But it seems she has tried to expand her horizons and reached outside her comfort zone.
    Not sure what to expect lyrically, because we haven't heard too many interviews with her lately. But I'm expecting a mix of the political/social and personal things.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    regardless of what older M fans think of Avicii or Cherry Cherry Boom Boom or Natalia Kills or S1 or MoZilla.....

i think ALL fans have difference expectations from her and are excited by the prospect of the new album, regardless of their age. put simply, different people have different prospectives/tastes and age shouldn't come into it. the only person that excites on that list is mozella, because "wrecking ball" was by far my favourite song from last year.

yes, it was an eighties throwback and i have mentioned several times that my tastes have leaned towards the adult contemporary with age, but i am aware of all of the above artists and i am familiar with their work, so i wouldn't consider myself completely out of touch.

i know you was writing generally and not singling me out in any way, but i don't think its just the "older m fans", that want her to up her game after the last album campaign and towards the end of your post, you hint that from your own prospective.

i agree that the instagram teasers are exciting and are creating a buzz amongst the fans. personally, i would have preferred less people on board for the sake of consistency, but perhaps the variety will end up being the album's strength. i am hopeful anyway.:)
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love the line up of song writers. She has some talent on board here. The production team involvied in this album appear to be her strongest ever. Signs she is taking it very seriously this time. Its funny because since Like A Prayer - the first album where Madonna was given total creative freedom, I always rank Madonna as having one epic ground breaking album once every three releases.

Like A Prayer
    Erotica
    Bedtime Stories
    Ray Of Light
    Music
    American Life
    Confessions
    Hard Candy
    MDNA
    Album 13

Maybe we are heading for the same pattern! ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone on twitter suggested that Madonna should do a double album with the Rebel part being dance/EDM songs and the Heart being ballads. Interesting idea and maybe possible given how diverse the songwriters and producers on this album are.
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    yep interesting idea....
  • RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    Gigi4 wrote: »
    Someone on twitter suggested that Madonna should do a double album with the Rebel part being dance/EDM songs and the Heart being ballads. Interesting idea and maybe possible given how diverse the songwriters and producers on this album are.

A double album of uptempo and ballads sounds a great idea, one album for the uptempo fans and one for those older fans among us who love her ballads and two for those who love both. I'll take both!
    Forum Member
    I LOVED the single American Life....i was 11 when the song came out :) but remember when was on the radio and tried to learn the rap lol!

All i can say is regardless of That video not airing....i am gald recently she is taking thsoe risks we love her for again...on the MDNA tour, in her viral marketing videos last year...and now with the social media take overs...REDICULOUS all those horrible fan wars...Little Monsters make me ill in their comments truthfully sickening...hard to like gaga at the same time...when Madonna is fosucing WORLDWIDE on wars and poverty and issues going on, prejudice, social attacks....and we need the first world to get on baord and pus forward...i mean we have the capability to know the power of social media...but instead we would rather bash an artist/celebrity rather than using the internet power to push forward ...rediculous :D

Rant over! I lvoe the posts she does on instagram the past few weeks in particular...very clever, and behind the scenes stuff i love...regardless of what older M fans think of Avicii or Cherry Cherry Boom Boom or Natalia Kills or S1 or MoZilla....I am glad that she is teaming up with a great eclect group of talented people she can work with to push her vision forward rather than hold her back. Cannot wait to hear how far M pushes herself on this album musically and indeed vocally.....really excited to listen to what she does.

Older fans? Lol!

I actually like some of Avicii's stuff and am looking forward to hearing what they come up with. I don't know who the other people are though maybe you younger M fans could enlighten an old biddy!
  • Terry HesticlesTerry Hesticles Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    I have personally named her next reinvention 'Madonnavicii' :)
    Forum Member
    I have personally named her next reinvention 'Madonnavicii' :)

Lol! :-D:-DGreat name, love it!
    Forum Member
    no I disagree...I actually like 'rebel heart', 'madonnavicii' suggests its an avicii album with just added vocals by madonna.
    'rebel heart' - it suits her movement
    :revolution of love
    :art for freedom
    Forum Member
    no I disagree...I actually like 'rebel heart', 'madonnavicii' suggests its an avicii album with just added vocals by madonna.
    'rebel heart' - it suits her movement
    :revolution of love
    :art for freedom

I thought that Terry Hesticles was referring to their partnership not the album title and I think it's a good name that flows well.

Not as an album title, I think M would have more sense than to call her album Madonnavicii!

Sorry, I have got the wrong end of the stupid stick (as per f***ing usual):@:@:@.

TH states that he has personally named the project Madonnavicii, nothing to do with the woman herself!
  • Terry HesticlesTerry Hesticles Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    I thought that Terry Hesticles was referring to their partnership not the album title and I think it's a good name that flows well.

Not as an album title, I think M would have more sense than to call her album Madonnavicii!

Sorry, I have got the wrong end of the stupid stick (as per f***ing usual):@:@:@.

TH states that he has personally named the project Madonnavicii, nothing to do with the woman herself!

Yeah lol, was just calling their collaboration that rather than the album name! But I quite like Rebel Heart as album name!
    Forum Member
    oh cool .... its me who got the wrong end of the stick ...thankfully :)
    Forum Member
    Yeah lol, was just calling their collaboration that rather than the album name! But I quite like Rebel Heart as album name!

I think it's a brilliant amalgamation of their names and flows really well, 'Madonnavicii' it sounds a bit like an Italian footballer!

Yes, Rebel Heart is a great title for the album!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh now this is interesting. she must have quite a lot of the record finished already, for her to presumably be sharing tracks with trusted people that she has previously worked with.:o "sources" claim the record is still in production, but it does seem like a release this year is highly likely.:D

did anyone see her easter post?
    i don't know how recent that picture is, but the hair reminds me of her look during the "confessions" campaign.:p
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think maybe first single August then Album around September/October. That's my guess.

If he is doing the album art she has probably let him listen to the album to help design a cover art theme.

Exciting. :p
  • Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    Has anybody ever heard this? I didn't even know it existed lol!
  • Ally_BowieAlly_Bowie Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm really hoping this is going to be a good album, I have faith in her, I was extremely disappointed with MDNA bar Girls Go Wild & Gang Bang, aside from those two the rest of it was in my opinion rubbish.
    Forum Member
    I have a question - that I still have trouble answering .... why did GGW not make the top 40 in the UK or USA?
  • Cloudy2Cloudy2 Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    I have a question - that I still have trouble answering .... why did GGW not make the top 40 in the UK or USA?

I'm not sure if you are being serious, if you are, it's not a good song.

I don't like being negative on appreciation threads so I will end with Madonna is the Queen and is loved by all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    I thought Girl Gone Wild a good tune! Great one to open the tour with.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The latest rumour on twitter is she is performing at the World Cup to launch the single. It's in Brazil in June.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "girl gone wild" is my guilty pleasure and i have never felt guilty about liking a madge track in my entire fandom.:p its just so beneath her and it should never have been released as a single on the lead up to the album. her girlie voice, the single cover and the blatant use of the "act of contrition" for a song credit, were all just cringe worthy.:blush:

where her "real" voice kicks in for the last line was too little, too late vocally on that track and yes, i am aware the concept was meant to be girlie.:D i do agree though, it opened the "mdna tour" really well and the elements of "give it 2 me"/"material girl" in that performance worked really well too. the tour dance routine was great as well and i quite liked the song's video too.

it didn't surprise me that it went down like a lead balloon both sides of the atlantic tbh, because it was so basic. its the type of song that david guetta would give rihanna for a quick hit and people even expect more from rihanna than that now.:blush:

its funny, because "hanky panky" was played in a salon i was at yesterday and i remember at the time being surprised by its chart success, but it had character, personality and charm, all of which was lacking on ggw, because anyone could have recorded it.