Trivial things that annoy you intensely. (Part 2)

Comments

• kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -People turning up at the cinema / theatre 20 minutes into the show.

-People who rustle bags and wrappers in said places

-People who can't go a 35 minute flight without alcohol

-People who pull away and start driving off before putting their seatbelt on (I personally think this is dangerous, so not quite trivial, but thought I'd add it anyway as it really pisses me off).
  • silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    Flip-flops - the sound of
  • laineythenomadlaineythenomad Posts: 3,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kiviraat wrote: »

-People who pull away and start driving off before putting their seatbelt on (I personally think this is dangerous, so not quite trivial, but thought I'd add it anyway as it really pisses me off).

All of these especially the BIB, to which I would add, people who can't sit still for 5 minutes on short-haul flights but spend the entire time wandering aimlessly up and down the aisle, usually when the crew are trying to serve food and drink. If you're worried about DVT, do what I do - wear the socks and stay put.
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    People who act as if it is the end of the world if they can't go out at a weekend once in a while, One weekend at home won't kill you
  • makavelli132makavelli132 Posts: 1,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is a girl who is pregnant at work, and she thinks that's an excuse for her to sit round and do very little all day... only 3 months gone. I would rather you go and sit and do nothing at home to be fair.
  • EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who are on annual leave for more than a day and don't put their out of office autoreply on.
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not being able to find stuff you know you have but somehow got moved from where you last remember seeing it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    people broadcasting death of a loved one on here/internet, for all to see..its private so keep it private
  • bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Nearly severing a finger every time I try to collapse the clothes horse thingy.
  • Apple22over7Apple22over7 Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jra wrote: »
    Establishments and train companies banning e-cigs.

I was vaping on an FCC train yesterday, only to find out in the latest timetable I picked up saying it wasn't allowed. Nobody paid a blind bit of notice, while I was vaping on the train, but I'm willing to bet if I had sparked up a normal ciggie, people would have complained.

So, if they are going to ban e-cigs, then they should ban things like aftershaves, perfumes and deodorants, as they often smell a lot more than e-cigs. Besides, there are no e-cigs allowed signs inside the carriages, only no smoking signs, and vaping is not the same as smoking, as you don't emit that cigarette smell. Another thing is that smoking is banned at FCC stations, but vaping it seems isn't, as I was vaping in full view of CCTV and train staff were walking around, yet nobody said anything.

If somebody, train staff or otherwise, had approached me, I would have pointed to a no smoking sign which shows a normal cigarette and say there is no sign saying e-cigs are not allowed.

That reminds me - people who think train carriages are beauty salons. The woman sat behind me on the train yesterday sprayed half a can of hair spray, got knows how much perfume/deodorant, and then started painting her nails. The smell was awful.
  • ianradioianianradioian Posts: 74,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Wizard wrote: »
    When people can't shut up when the TV is on. Every time I visit my parents house and they put the telly on they wont shut up talking and just insist on rabbiting all over it. More often than not they aren't even talking about the programme and I feel like saying, 'Why don't you turn the bloody thing off.' They seem to have the tv on droning constantly in the background when they're not even watching it.

Yes! This drives me up the wall. If people come round I turn the thing off.
  • CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kiviraat wrote: »

BIB - This is exactly why my Mum always rips the sweets bag for me and obv hers (if we don't have popcorn) so we don't annoy others :blush::D
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CBFreak wrote: »
    Not being able to find stuff you know you have but somehow got moved from where you last remember seeing it
    I long for the time someone brings out cheap and tiny and accurate localized GPS trackers. I will stick them all over my stuff and when the "look I just had the darn thing, now where the frak is it?" happens I can simply boot up my phone ap and "bingo" and it's found. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    people broadcasting death of a loved one on here/internet, for all to see..its private so keep it private
    I agree although the ones who post about it on here often just need support so I can understand that, if they have nobody.
  • ianradioianianradioian Posts: 74,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »
    Tattoos – I really do hate them, especially on women. I kind of accept that many men are stupid, but it seems deeply sad when I see women disfigured by them, especially those stupid ones on their feet.

I hate them. They have their place on ex-services people as a lot of them have details of their regiment etc. That's a tradition. But that's all. Im sick of seeing tattood male and female morons everywhere, covered in crap.They are not sexy either they are a f"""""" turnoff.A mate of mine had a family member die. ... so he went out and got a huge tattoo of the family members face bunged all down his back. I think it really is mental instability.
  • RellyRelly Posts: 3,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dropping my prescription off at the Tesco chemist, being told it'll take 15 mins, so I say it's not a bother, I'm shopping anyway, then I do my shopping, walk half way home and realise I didn't go back for the meds. D'oh!

I then have to struggle back with the shopping, explain to the security guy why I was wandering in with several Tesco bags, collect the meds and come home again. Seeing as I took it there to save going to different places, I was proper irritated with myself. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^reminds me of the time I went to Tescos cos I felt in the need of some home fried fish and chips only to find myself 1/2 way home before I realised I'd forgotten to buy any darn oil - doh-z-doh!!. Too far to consider a return so I said a big fooey to my fried meal treat and slulked(?) home and had some toast. :(
    Time before I was home before realising I'd not bought any kitchen towel. Ended up patting the fish and chips dry of excess oil using sheets of quilted Andrex toilet tissue which felt kinda weird.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    I long for the time someone brings out cheap and tiny and accurate localized GPS trackers. I will stick them all over my stuff and when the "look I just had the darn thing, now where the frak is it?" happens I can simply boot up my phone ap and "bingo" and it's found. :)

Wish granted. :D

http://www.amazon.com/STICK-N-FIND-Stick-N-Find-Bluetooth-Location-Tracker/dp/B00EMH8FY0

Edit: not so cheap, really, but look at this list - especially number 10!

http://mashable.com/2013/07/18/find-keys-apps/
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My constant mis-typing of teh as teh.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Relly wrote: »
    Wish granted. :D
    Edit: not so cheap, really, but look at this list - especially number 10!
    yup too big, wanting size of a grain of rice dammit :p stick 'em on me scissors, me pens, my darn phone and put one inside each of my moving-boxes.... maybe there's a place you can rent a big box of 'em for just such an occasion - goes off to google. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have probably posted this before but will do it again

People who make jokes about abuse and rape. Not funny and demeans those who have genuine experiences of abuse. Pisses me right off.

Probably not trivial at all but meh.
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    CrazyLoop wrote: »
    I have probably posted this before but will do it again

People who make jokes about abuse and rape. Not funny and demeans those who have genuine experiences of abuse. Pisses me right off.

Probably not trivial at all but meh.

I feel the same about jokes about Oscat Pistorious and Reeva Steenkamp.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    yup too big, wanting size of a grain of rice dammit :p stick 'em on me scissors, me pens, my darn phone and put one inside each of my moving-boxes.... maybe there's a place you can rent a big box of 'em for just such an occasion - goes off to google. :)

I get your point. :D They have multiple uses, by the way - someone said on a review that they'd stick one on their cat! :D

Anyway, give it a few years and they'll be microscopic, I reckon (the gizmos, not the cat).
  • farmer bobfarmer bob Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The way our neighbour stares in our window when reversing her car out of her driveway or when walking past with her dog.
    She regularly slams doors too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lea_uk wrote: »
    I feel the same about jokes about Oscat Pistorious and Reeva Steenkamp.
    Yeah that's not appropriate either *sighs*
This discussion has been closed.