Options

Terry Alderton Leaving Eastenders

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
Forum Member
[news]EastEnders: Terry Alderton to leave Terry Spraggan role[/news]

Just announced it via his twitter. A bit of a shame really!

https://twitter.com/TerryAlderton

Comments

• Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Expected.. Was he axed?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    He says that Patsy Palmer leaving was the reason. Its changed the story/
  • Options
    dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No surprise really.

I guess Terry will leave with Bianca.
    And TJ and Rosie will stay with Nikki?
  • Options
    GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    I like how he's made sure to add in the fact that its all Patsy's fault
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Big shame. Terry is one of the few EE males who was instantly likeable. I think he could have stayed beyond Bianca.

I'm guessing this is why Nikki was brought back. If she is staying on with Rosie and TJ. Can't see TJ going when they have made him the father of Cindy's kid.
  • Options
    _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's a bit of a shame, I don't mind Terry. I wonder if there's any chance of Nikki staying on with TJ? I hope so; Nikki is great, and TJ still has the baby storyline going on.
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic news, he was essentially Alfie 2.0, like Alfie he was annoying and dull. I hope he takes his awful kids with him.
  • Options
    DODS11DODS11 Posts: 2,026
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder how this will affect Cindy's pregnancy storyline. Seems like Bianca's departure has had a slightly damaging effect.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure I read that Pasty wanted to leave ages ago but DTC perusaded her to stay on for the Carol's cancer story. It does now seem that wasn't the case, I do wonder what the plans were for Terry if Pasty hadn't quit.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope Terry and Bianca don't leave together...A nice man like Terry does NOT deserve to be lumbered with a horrible woman like Bianca for the rest of his life (Ricky made a lucky escape) :p. Hopefully the kids are off, but I would like Nikki to stay as she adds a different dynamic to the show.
  • Options
    VashettiVashetti Posts: 2,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonderful news. Never understood the point of his character, and Bianca was always awful to him for seemingly no reason.

Get rid of all the deadwood.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    I hope the whole family leave. Nice enough bloke but the family have added nothing to the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aaron1995 wrote: »
    I really hope Terry and Bianca don't leave together...A nice man like Terry does NOT deserve to be lumbered with a horrible woman like Bianca for the rest of his life (Ricky made a lucky escape) :p. Hopefully the kids are off, but I would like Nikki to stay as she adds a different dynamic to the show.

I think the kids, TJ at least will stay with Nikki. Rosie may leave with her dad but I think its clear TJ is close to his mum and would prefer to stay with her. I agree Nikki could be a great character and I hope she is fully used now she is a regular.
  • Options
    Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    Fantastic news, he was essentially Alfie 2.0, like Alfie he was annoying and dull. I hope he takes his awful kids with him.

and his even worse ex wife too
  • Options
    EE Fan 1990EE Fan 1990 Posts: 552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Terry Alderton ‏@TerryAlderton · 16m
    So, I'm leaving EastEnders in July :@( unfortunately Patsy leaving has changed things in the story. It's very sad but it's been a great ride
    Terry Alderton ‏@TerryAlderton · 16 mins
    Terry Spraggan's not the killer! X

As long as TJ stays, could see him staying a few years with Cindy/Liam, The new teen group
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vald wrote: »
    I hope the whole family leave. Nice enough bloke but the family have added nothing to the show.

I agree with this. I don't dislike the Spraggans. I think they were a great success and they were DTCs first signings. But without Terry they won't work. Even with Nikki being at the helm. It was Terry who made them what they were.

Liam should have always been first choice of baby Dad. Wonder if they regret choosing TJ now?
  • Options
    andreas_eastendandreas_eastend Posts: 3,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    honestly, his days were numbered with Patsy leaving. shame really. liked him the most in scenes with his children- and away from Alfie.

I hope that since Nikki is brought back, TJ & Rosie will stay on. Really like them
  • Options
    KenkennedykenneKenkennedykenne Posts: 3,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really dislike this, he was such a great new character. I wonder if Patsy even considered this when she left
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Please the girlfriend this news as she can't stand him!

Me didn't mind him but he didn't get any decent scenes and seemed very miss-matched with Bianca seeing as he was once with Nikki who isn't like Bianca in anyway shape or form and was surprised as Terry is no oil painting!
  • Options
    Cridders88Cridders88 Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    Shame, I liked Terry. Cant stand Nikki though, but I guess she will need to stay to keep TJ on for the pregancy storyline.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So if DTC has axed all the Spraggans I wonder if he is planning another new family?

I reckon Cora's days are also numbered now. If Dexter hadn't of won that NTA we would probably be saying bye to him too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really dislike this, he was such a great new character. I wonder if Patsy even considered this when she left

I have defended Patsy a lot and while its also DTCS decision it does seem her exit has resulted in several cast losing their jobs. I wonder how they all feel about her?
  • Options
    KillerWatchKillerWatch Posts: 505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good news. Hope Nikki and TJ stay on as I quite like them. Get rid of Terry, Rosie, Bianca, Tiffany and Morgan and then you've got space for a completely new family or additions to the Cokers.
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,533
    Forum Member
    So Terry and Bianca will probably get a happy ending somewhere and move.

Frustrating slightly that they've set up the pregnancy with Cindy and TJ being the father etc and it's not going to really happen.

Maybe TJ dies and then Terry decides to move away and Bianca goes with him?
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Cridders88 wrote: »
    Shame, I liked Terry. Cant stand Nikki though, but I guess she will need to stay to keep TJ on for the pregancy storyline.

Nor me....just another peroxide tart and negligent mother.