Terry Alderton Leaving Eastenders

Comments

• The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm certain Dexter will follow when his contract expires in the summer. There is no reason for him to be around and that is usually a sign the axe will fall.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As long as TJ stays I dont care :D
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The_abbott wrote: »
    I'm certain Dexter will follow when his contract expires in the summer. There is no reason for him to be around and that is usually a sign the axe will fall.
    I do think Cora and Dexter are next.

Thinking about it, I suppose its good DTC has axed Terry. Look at Ava. She was brought in for one storyline but they kept her because they liked what they saw. However they had no storylines planned beyond that one story so Ava basically became a joke. The same probably would have happened to Terry.

At least this also puts to bed the rumours DTC won't axe his own castings. Anyone in the show is at risk of being axed.
  • Vicks-LouiseVicks-Louise Posts: 1,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it confirmed this is DTC getting rid of Terry or has he walked away of his own accord?
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was indifferent to them to be honest.
  • nigel12nigel12 Posts: 1,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a good thing really. The only other way for Bianca to leave would have been another Prison story! This way they cant write her out for good without having to kill her off.

Tiffany and Morgan must have to go as well. They cant stay with their sick grandma! No reason for Nikki to stay either really - David surely wont leave Carol again.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is a shame, I liked Terry :( What will that mean for TJ and Cindy's baby? Will TJ leave too and Cindy will have to bring the baby up without his support?
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the Spraggrans were Newman's creation, I never warmed to them I found them all dull.
  • sarah_shortsarah_short Posts: 1,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel sad for Terry, but i never liked the setup with him and Bianca and all of those kids, so i won't be sorry to see his character leave the square.
  • O-JO-J Posts: 18,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So if DTC has axed all the Spraggans I wonder if he is planning another new family?

I reckon Cora's days are also numbered now. If Dexter hadn't of won that NTA we would probably be saying bye to him too.

I reakon he will keep Cora, he is widening the elderly people on the show,

I hope there is a solid new family who sticks around as long as the Brannings or even more!

I'm hoping Nikki stays!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    The Spraggans were the begening of the end for Eastenders
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    I thought the Spraggrans were Newman's creation, I never warmed to them I found them all dull.

Bit of both I think but DTC cast them. It was him who announced Terry Aldertons signing.
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit of both I think but DTC cast them. It was him who announced Terry Aldertons signing.

Thanks for the info :)
  • KellerKeller Posts: 5,970
    Forum Member
    Bianca's departure is going to be a problem I think, it creates a lot of uncertainty around many characters like the Spraggans, Cindy, the Jackson kids, Carol & David and Sonia & Rebecca.

Shame Patsy decided to leave right in the middle of a massive storyline as well, Carol's cancer is probably written for the whole year if not longer and I doubt Bianca leaving was ever considered. Sounds like a lot of storyline reshuffling might be ahead for this one which is unfortunate.
  • ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Terry was okay, but didn't like his as a partner for Bianca. I'd prefer them to go their separate ways when they leave and not together into the sunset. I can't see Nikki having many storylines without him. She doesn't exactly fit into the square.

Was Terry axed then?
  • sarahcadhillsarahcadhill Posts: 2,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't say I will miss Terry. I hope nikki leaves as well but I wonder what this means about TJ and Cindy.
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vald wrote: »
    I hope the whole family leave. Nice enough bloke but the family have added nothing to the show.

The only one I like is TJ.

Terry is leaving in June but Patsy is not leaving till autumn so I doubt they leave together.
  • adamski94adamski94 Posts: 3,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Terry and Bianca will probably get a happy ending somewhere and move.

Frustrating slightly that they've set up the pregnancy with Cindy and TJ being the father etc and it's not going to really happen.

Maybe TJ dies and then Terry decides to move away and Bianca goes with him?

Very unlikely as he said his leaving in july and patsy is leaving just before xmas
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    benbenalen wrote: »

I hope there is a solid new family who sticks around as long as the Brannings or even more!

The show needs another family. The Spraggans and the Jackson/Butchers will be no more in the autumn. The Carter's already look too big as it is. This is going to create a huge problem on screen unless there are new characters to ease the loss of potentially 8 characters leaving. If not we are set for wall to wall Carter dominance.

This is of course assuming all the Spraggan's are leaving with Terry.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shappy wrote: »
    I think Terry was okay, but didn't like his as a partner for Bianca. I'd prefer them to go their separate ways when they leave and not together into the sunset. I can't see Nikki having many storylines without him. She doesn't exactly fit into the square.

Was Terry axed then?

Basically he was because they didnt want to renew his contract
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The show needs another family. The Spraggans and the Jackson/Butchers will be no more in the autumn. The Carter's already look too big as it is. This is going to create a huge problem on screen unless there are new characters to ease the loss of potentially 8 characters leaving. If not we are set for wall to wall Carter dominance.
    I think this is the perfect time to have a eastern asian family something soaps have never done
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member

I think the obvious thing to do is build up the Coker family. They have been well received and are not related to anyone.
  • AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They may have told him it's because of Patsy, but if they really wanted to keep them they could have had him shack up with someone else. He was just deadwood.
  • dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,273
    Forum Member
    Terry Alderton ‏@TerryAlderton · 55m
    So, I'm leaving EastEnders in July :@( unfortunately Patsy leaving has changed things in the story. It's very sad but it's been a great ride

To me it sounds like he was axed or his contract is just not being renewed.
    it is a shame because I quite like him but then on the plus side hopefully it means I don't have to see the annoying and badly acted Nikki again :)
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it confirmed this is DTC getting rid of Terry or has he walked away of his own accord?

looks like he was axed.