Options

Perfume adverts..celebs

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
Forum Member
OK...so I understand that advertising perfume is a big buisness around crimbo...but seriously...your advertising something that smells...whats with all the arty sh!t?? thats not going to make me want to buy your perfume!!

And now we have all these celeb perfumes or celebs in the adverts.

(Beyonce makes me want to cry when she advertises the "diamonds" perfume :mad:)

how many celeb perfumes can you think of? (to many) and is the advert better than the smell???

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Britney Spears- Fantasy and curious
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Christina Agularia "naked"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    AAARGH - the Beyonce ad makes me actually HATE life.

I love Britney Spears perfumes (Except Midnight Fantasy) but the ads are cringey.

I cant stand the Sienna Miller "Happy" ad - you bouncing around like a mental case just makes me want to avoid you, not smell like you.
  • Options
    IdiotgirleIdiotgirle Posts: 2,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Naomi Watts (and her winsome teeth)- Thierry Mugler Star.

I don't care who advertises it. If it doesn't smell nice, I'm not touching it! Having said that, I was pleasantly surprised by one of Kate Moss' perfumes. A friend who works in a chemist gave me a tester bottle.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I got given a beyonce perfume a few years a go for christmas....my god it was minging.
  • Options
    donna255donna255 Posts: 10,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The celebs have nothing to do with the perfumes, they just get paid to put their name and face to them. Procter and Gamble do it all.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK...so I understand that advertising perfume is a big buisness around crimbo...but seriously...your advertising something that smells...whats with all the arty sh!t?? thats not going to make me want to buy your perfume!!

And now we have all these celeb perfumes or celebs in the adverts.

(Beyonce makes me want to cry when she advertises the "diamonds" perfume :mad:)

how many celeb perfumes can you think of? (to many) and is the advert better than the smell???

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Not so much a perfume marketed under a celebrity's name, but the best advert by far, IMO, was Nicole Kidman in the Chanel No 5 advert. A truly fine fragrance complemented by a stunningly beautiful actress.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not so much a perfume marketed under a celebrity's name, but the best advert by far, IMO, was Nicole Kidman in the Chanel No 5 advert. A truly fine fragrance complemented by a stunningly beautiful actress.

Wasnt that the most expensive ad ever made ?? crazy :eek:
  • Options
    Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Visually stunning, but because she talks with a whisper, I had no clue what she said.
  • Options
    Bonny1Bonny1 Posts: 8,502
    Forum Member
    I never buy a perfume, advertised by some 'desperate for money' celeb..

I've a favourite perfume, I adore it, as does my husband, it's my signature, and I love it love it love it... my kids recognise is as my scent...hubby buys it whenever he's away..

I don't undertstand why the need for lots and lots and lots of perfumes?

Maybe I'm getting old.. lol lol lol lol is 40 old ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasnt that the most expensive ad ever made ??

Was it? I don't know.
    crazy :eek:

Crazy? In what sense?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Was it? I don't know.

Crazy? In what sense?

That it was the mist expensive ad ever made...just a perfume ad!!

wrote:
    Chanel launched a new advertising film that cast Nicole Kidman as the new face of Chanel No. 5. It was produced by Baz Luhrmann, the director of Moulin Rouge and Romeo+Juliet and was shot on location in Sydney. Kidman takes on the role of the most famous woman in the world while Brazilian model/actor Rodrigo Santoro plays a struggling writer in love with Kidman. The commercial lasts three minutes, and reportedly took many months of pre- and post-production. It cost about €26 million ($46 million), making No. 5 The Film one of the most expensive advertisements in history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chanel
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That it was the mist expensive ad ever made...just a perfume ad!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chanel

Yes, but you're looking at it soley in terms of the cost of the advertisement (an advertisement which was aired between 2004 and 2008). What is Chanel's turnover? What are its gross and net profits? If you look at these figures, the cost of the advertisement might not appear so disproportionate.

With advertising, it's like everything else in business - the laws of supply and demand. If Chanel wants a particular face to appear in their adverts, they have to pay for it. They could have paid for someone at the lower end of the market, someone such as Kerry Katona, but you get what you pay for.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Scarlett Johansson ad easily trumps the Nicole Kidman one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »

IYO. Let's see if Chanel rolls with this advertisement five Christmases in a row. ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With both fashion house products, and celebrity fragrances, you are buying the brand. So the 'arty' adverts from high fashion houses will feature the art because fashion is art, and the celebs are just made to look as good as possible so people buy into the brand.
  • Options
    viertevierte Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Do you mean the Calvin Klein one? I don't think its that great tbh.

My favourite perfume ad is the Dior one with Charlize Theron.

I've been bought a few celeb perfums and don't like any of them, Britney Spears is the one I dislike the most, to childish for my liking
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Christina Agularia "naked"

:confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The advert for P diddy's perfume 'I am king' really annoys me.
    "I believe, therefore I am king." Cheesaaaay :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,418
    Forum Member
    The Beyonce one gets on my nerves, and I usually like Beyonce. Why has she developed a speech impediment? "You're my best fweeeend" :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 237
    Forum Member

That ad is too boring to live! Everything is beige and cream and biscuit and sand and (insert pretentious shade of light brown named by paint companies). Ugh!! (rant over.)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Britney Spears has had to take to advertising her own perfume in her music videos, the start of the 3 video is sooooo cringeworthy:)::):):):):))
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That ad is too boring to live! Everything is beige and cream and biscuit and sand and (insert pretentious shade of light brown named by paint companies). Ugh!! (rant over.)

No to mention the silly babble that comes out of her mouth - "I'm looking...I don't know what I'm looking for..but I'll know when I find it." It is quite deep really don't you know?:o
    Still, Scarlett looks amazing in it. Too bad her acting career seems to be at a standstill:mad:
  • Options
    Neighbours_FanNeighbours_Fan Posts: 7,514
    Forum Member
    ERanger95 wrote: »
    The advert for P diddy's perfume 'I am king' really annoys me.
    "I believe, therefore I am king." Cheesaaaay :rolleyes:

I don't like that one either.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like that one either.

Oh gods, is that the one with him on a jetski in a tux?

"ooh, ooh, look at me, look at me, everyone look at me, I'm rich, rich, rich!!!!11!!?"

Drives me up the wall, and he's a crap rapper :mad: