Options

Tulisa - "I worked my way up from Camden Town........"

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,509
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Ooooh! Well done, you! Working your way up from a six bedroom house with leafy gardens and a drive longer than many people's entire house in one of the most desirable and expensive areas of the country.......................

Comments

• Options
    AntoniaAAntoniaA Posts: 6,640
    Forum Member
    I didn't know she said that. It's quite funny really, Camden Town is lovely :-).
  • Options
    EtherealEthereal Posts: 36,118
    Forum Member
    She only said that because the guy who was insulting her mentioned she was from Camden. I think they edited that out though so her comment seemed a bit weird on its own.
  • Options
    EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah yes, Tulisa with her poor upbringing in a rough neighbourhood ... when she is caught unawares the street twang completely goes from her voice.
  • Options
    Gaspanic!Gaspanic! Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This deceit about her upbringing really sickens me. It's the biggest reason I don't like her that much.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There were pictures of her in her old house in the DM and it looked quite modest. It was a dated council flat. She must have been about 11-12 in the pictures. Maybe she moved to a nicer house later on in life, but I don't think she has lied about her life earlier on.
  • Options
    jcallaghan86jcallaghan86 Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tulisa is fake
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tulisa is fake

In what way? I ask genuinely, I don't know that much about her to be honest.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ethereal wrote: »
    She only said that because the guy who was insulting her mentioned she was from Camden. I think they edited that out though so her comment seemed a bit weird on its own.

She still "worked my way up", whatever the reasons, from a place that some people who live in some parts of the surrounding boroughs aspire to working their way to.

Vanilla101 wrote: »
    There were pictures of her in her old house in the DM and it looked quite modest. It was a dated council flat. She must have been about 11-12 in the pictures. Maybe she moved to a nicer house later on in life, but I don't think she has lied about her life earlier on.

No, she grew up in the big house that her father, a former member of successful 70s band Mungo Jerrry, bought with his royalties. Camden is a large and diverse borough but the part that Tulisa grew up in is one of the nice parts.

I think Tulisa is great. Beautiful looking, feisty without being unpleasant, a slightly underrated singer and an OK writer. However, the deceit about her upbringing to make her seem more "cred" bugs me almost as much as the preconception that NDubz found their own path from childhood. They were put together by her father and uncle and it was the father and uncle who used their contacts to get them gigs and contracts.

The same with her education. The school she ended up in, Haverstock Comprehensive, is far from the worst school in London and it was her choice to go there. She was originally in La Sainte Union, an excellent girls' state convent school, but she played up to the point of threatening suicide because she didn't want to not have boys in the school and didn't like what was too much like hard work.
  • Options
    _Venger__Venger_ Posts: 3,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perdita_x wrote: »

I dont think those who call Tulisa fake even know why they find her it themselves.
  • Options
    jcallaghan86jcallaghan86 Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perdita_x wrote: »

she's just nasty, i saw a completely different side to her at a gig almost 2 years ago, some girl didn't like the song they were playing so they singled her out and called her names and tulisa told the crowd to point at her and call her a fat cow and a bi*ch and more, they had the cameras put on her so she was on the big screen and mortified her, maybe people change but i don't like her, that's why i thought it was rich that she said that guy had a bad attitude, she was giving him looks before he even started singing
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you been to the bad areas of Camden?
  • Options
    darnelledarnelle Posts: 9,116
    Forum Member
    tulisa 's mother has serious mental health problems . she made a bbc doc about it and in that doc she talks abut her upbringing and the difficulties she encountered- i like her even more after i saw that documentary
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    there is always to sides to every story. the daily mail article was an interest read. however, if she feels that she has had a tough upbringing. then that is her prerogative. at best from what i have read, it wasn't a conventional childhood.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    darnelle wrote: »
    tulisa 's mother has serious mental health problems . she made a bbc doc about it and in that doc she talks abut her upbringing and the difficulties she encountered- i like her even more after i saw that documentary

Her mother's mental health issues are a different matter to constantly trying to make out that she grew up in a hovel with a leaking roof in a sink estate and the affected accent becomes ridiculous when she forgets herself and speaks as she actually does.
  • Options
    darnelledarnelle Posts: 9,116
    Forum Member
    ibeca wrote: »
    Her mother's mental health issues are a different matter to constantly trying to make out that she grew up in a hovel with a leaking roof in a sink estate and the affected accent becomes ridiculous when she forgets herself and speaks as she actually does.

i dont know anything about that - only first encountered her on that doc, where are your sources?
  • Options
    Hector RivaHector Riva Posts: 2,233
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She still "worked my way up", whatever the reasons, from a place that some people who live in some parts of the surrounding boroughs aspire to working their way to.

No, she grew up in the big house that her father, a former member of successful 70s band Mungo Jerrry, bought with his royalties. Camden is a large and diverse borough but the part that Tulisa grew up in is one of the nice parts.

I think Tulisa is great. Beautiful looking, feisty without being unpleasant, a slightly underrated singer and an OK writer. However, the deceit about her upbringing to make her seem more "cred" bugs me almost as much as the preconception that NDubz found their own path from childhood. They were put together by her father and uncle and it was the father and uncle who used their contacts to get them gigs and contracts.

The same with her education. The school she ended up in, Haverstock Comprehensive, is far from the worst school in London and it was her choice to go there. She was originally in La Sainte Union, an excellent girls' state convent school, but she played up to the point of threatening suicide because she didn't want to not have boys in the school and didn't like what was too much like hard work.

I think when her parents divorced she went to live in council accommodation with her mother, but visited her father often. I understand she has a wealthy Grandmother in Greece.