Options

Gay topic of conversation

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 234
Forum Member
OMG we are in the year 2011, why is the topic of who's gay, he's gay, why are they gay such a big issue on BBBOTS?

It's ridiculous, people need to realise that sexuality is not an issue and it makes no difference to the person's attitude to others.

Comments

• Options
    BensthewinnerBensthewinner Posts: 741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But Jay is so Gay ain't he.
  • Options
    staffsukstaffsuk Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    rob551 wrote: »
    OMG we are in the year 2011, why is the topic of who's gay, he's gay, why are they gay such a big issue on BBBOTS?

It's ridiculous, people need to realise that sexuality is not an issue and it makes no difference to the person's attitude to others.

Quite simply because it touches on the inner sexual insecurity of most every human being.
    And those who shout the loudest about it it - are always the most insecure....
  • Options
    rombodrombod Posts: 5,252
    Forum Member
    staffsuk wrote: »
    Quite simply because it touches on the inner sexual insecurity of most every human being.

What do you mean by inner sexual insecurity? As in, people are paranoid about being seen as gay so they project that onto others? I'd like to hope most people weren't so mortified by the prospect.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Quite simply because it touches on the inner sexual insecurity of most every human being....

But there is no need for a tv station to highlight people that could or would be gay/bi. I think it's a cheap shot for a cheap presenter.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Oh I disagree, I'm gay and I'm shouting - and I love my life. pmsl x silly cow
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But there is no need for a tv station to highlight people that could or would be gay/bi. I think it's a cheap shot for a cheap presenter.

Agreed - but it's done for the reason I mentioned earlier. Sexual orientation will always feature highly in any mode of conversation because of this. If it was of no issue to people - it wouldn't feature anything like so prominently.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh and I'm Gay too btw - and have no need / reason to shout about it - only to confirm when asked :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Agreed - but it's done for the reason I mentioned earlier. Sexual orientation will always feature highly in any mode of conversation because of this. If it was of no issue to people - it wouldn't feature anything like so prominently.

It was the TV station's paid employee that mentioned it first.

The TV station needs to be part of the cause to reduce that this is an issue, not highlight it.
  • Options
    Truth TellerTruth Teller Posts: 9,126
    Forum Member
    Tashie seems obsessed by it and goes on and on and on....couldn't give a monkey's about someone's sexual orientation - more interested about their personalities and their behaviour in the house. :(
  • Options
    ClakerClaker Posts: 190
    Forum Member
    As a gay i can confirm that some straight guys are so comfortable in there own sexuallity that they can kiss us , go uot for drinks with us and even share a bed with us. Of course the guys who object the most to any kind of contact with gay men are the ones you have to watch.
  • Options
    LucypherLucypher Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like labels and it's nobody's business what my sexual preferences are, and I wish gay people and any people would stop shouting out about what or who they are because I just don't care!! As for trying to work out whether or not somebody is 'gay' or straight - what a waste of energy.

Who cares??
  • Options
    Truth TellerTruth Teller Posts: 9,126
    Forum Member
    Claker wrote: »
    As a gay i can confirm that some straight guys are so comfortable in there own sexuallity that they can kiss us , go uot for drinks with us and even share a bed with us. Of course the guys who object the most to any kind of contact with gay men are the ones you have to watch.

Well said. At the end the presenter did say maybe he's really comfortable in his sexuality but it was just thrown in at the end - really scrapping the barrel for topics.....the audience looked bored by it too.
  • Options
    ClakerClaker Posts: 190
    Forum Member
    Lucypher wrote: »
    I don't like labels and it's nobody's business what my sexual preferences are, and I wish gay people and any people would stop shouting out about what or who they are because I just don't care!! As for trying to work out whether or not somebody is 'gay' or straight - what a waste of energy.

Who cares??

I totally agree all i was trying to highlight is that Aaron being comfortable with your own sexuallity just say that.
  • Options
    LucypherLucypher Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I totally agree all i was trying to highlight is that Aaron being comfortable with your own sexuallity just say that.

Cool, yes, I can agree with that.

Aaron said he was shy in the highlights tonight - but him sticking his tongue down Tom's throat didn't seem very shy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BB housemates are wannabe celebs, and in the world of celebrity and showbiz, sexual image is crucial - people are promoting themselves as desirable and sexually successful. Most gossip revolves around who's screwing who. Most of the players are heterosexual, but any gays participating should expect the same level of interest in their sex lives.
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm also gay, and I totally agree. I've kissed females before, but I'm still gay.

The ones who are overly defensive more likely to be hiding something.
  • Options
    whowhywotwhowhywot Posts: 483
    Forum Member
    Oh and I'm Gay too btw - and have no need / reason to shout about it - only to confirm when asked :D

Are you gay? ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Judging by Tashie's closing message, she thinks literally everyone is gay.
  • Options
    Radical JoeRadical Joe Posts: 15,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If someone's claiming to be straight, and feinging interest in females on that basis, then it's legitimate to talk about it IMO. especially when said HM has snogged a bloke in there.

If Jay was shown giving Anton a handjob should we not discuss their sexuality because it 'doesn't matter'?
  • Options
    kirstylouise666kirstylouise666 Posts: 6,959
    Forum Member
    I don't think any of the guys in there are dead straight
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jay and Mark are gay imo oh, and Tom
  • Options
    FringoFringo Posts: 7,995
    Forum Member
    Lucypher wrote: »
    Cool, yes, I can agree with that.

Aaron said he was shy in the highlights tonight - but him sticking his tongue down Tom's throat didn't seem very shy.

Shy people can act differently when off their heads with drink of course.
  • Options
    JayDee279JayDee279 Posts: 3,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The ones who are overly defensive more likely to be hiding something.

Here we go.
    So .... if I say that I'm not really bothered about another man's sexual orientation -I'm gay.
    If, on the other hand, I say that it bothers me hugely - then I'm 'hiding something', and I'm gay.
    - - - -
    Sorry to intrude a personal note here, but I'm a straight man who just happens to have a bit of a 'poofy' voice. I'm rather tired of gay men who hit on me on that basis. If I object to their unwanted advances they assume that I'm really gay but 'in denial'.
    No, I'm not 'in denial' ... I'm denying it. There IS a difference :-)
  • Options
    freja32freja32 Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    Jay is straight by like any "straight" man or woman he has his lovings - life is not so b&w
  • Options
    Radical JoeRadical Joe Posts: 15,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JayDee279 wrote: »
    Here we go.
    So .... if I say that I'm not really bothered about another man's sexual orientation -I'm gay.
    If, on the other hand, I say that it bothers me hugely - then I'm 'hiding something', and I'm gay.
    - - - -
    Sorry to intrude a personal note here, but I'm a straight man who just happens to have a bit of a 'poofy' voice. I'm rather tired of gay men who hit on me on that basis. If I object to their unwanted advances they assume that I'm really gay but 'in denial'.
    No, I'm not 'in denial' ... I'm denying it. There IS a difference :-)

I'll never be able to read your posts in the same 'voice' again!