lmcd08lmcd08 Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    there was me thinking you were talking about her acting :D
  • Options
    OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You don't get your assets taken away from when you get cancer.
  • Options
    blue_cobaltblue_cobalt Posts: 6,602
    Forum Member
    You don't get your assets taken away from when you get cancer.

Peggy had one of her assets taken away when she had cancer.
  • Options
    OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peggy had one of her assets taken away when she had cancer.

Are you Frankie Boyle?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,836
    Forum Member
    Sharon owns the bookies... I imagine she just had to give phil back the archers with no financial compensation because that's how the mitchells get everything back.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She sold the Arches to Phil a while ago. Maybe she sold the bookies when she was trying to help Simon? Just a thought :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She sold the arches back to phil and she never owned the bookies,she just ran it for dennis and sharon
  • Options
    BertypopBertypop Posts: 4,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pat never owned the bookies, and she certainly hasn't worked there in a long while.

She did sell the Arches to Phil, but she also bought it in the first place, so it may she had taken out some sort of loan in order to buy it in the first place.

(Or had she just had a windfall, I don't remember)

Any money she would have got from the sale of the Arches would have repaid that loan, and wll probably have made little profit on it.

Anyway, she then was supporting four kids (with the help of Carol) for the best part of the year, on just a pension. Any money she did have was probably eaten into by this. I imagine for a long time, her outgoings were more than her incomings.

As for the house, she inherited it from Andy, before this, she was pretty poor. It's safe to say, she had little money.

She then took out another loan against the house late last year in order to pay Simon's loan issues, which left her in quite severe debt, for someone at her time of life.
  • Options
    gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Andy Hunter left her the house in his will? It must be worth quite a bit. Perhaps she used that as security to buy the Arches.
  • Options
    Chrissy 2005Chrissy 2005 Posts: 9,645
    Forum Member
    And she took out a loan from Norman to help Simon with his debts.

Which she then discovered she could loose the house too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gboy wrote: »
    I thought Andy Hunter left her the house in his will? It must be worth quite a bit. Perhaps she used that as security to buy the Arches.

I always said this.

She only borrowed £50k against the house so their had to be a substantial amount of collateral left in the house.
    Plus you wouldn't get much change from £1m for a house of Pat's size, it was like a Tardis! How she ended up nearly destitute is anyones guess, I mean, ugly chandelier earrings can't be that expensive!
  • Options
    ayrshire lassayrshire lass Posts: 4,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pat's house is worth quite a bit, so who owns it now? Surely it would now belong to her sons, and as Simon has money problems, he would want to sell it?
  • Options
    burton07burton07 Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gboy wrote: »

I seem to remember he left her the bookies as well.
  • Options
    Chrissy 2005Chrissy 2005 Posts: 9,645
    Forum Member
    burton07 wrote: »
    I seem to remember he left her the bookies as well.

Your wrong, he left it to Dennis. So when he died it went to Sharon. Dennis and Andy were old friends and Pat and Andy were new friends.