Is Cilla Black the most unpleasant person in showbiz?

Comments

• 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Bullsh*t. She was always saying how marvellous Thatcher was.:eek:

Exactly. Cilla's a Conservative through and through :mad:
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »

Amazing how quickly roots are forgotten when people get rich. ;) She just seems to go out with rich men now and do bugger all.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2006758/Another-lover-Never-say-Cilla-Black-dated-men-loss-husband-Bobby-really-misses-way-looked-.html

I heard a story once about her husband. Apparently not as loving a relationship as she made out. He used to breed budgies and she's alleged to have said she was going to divorce him if he didn't give up the budgies.

She wasn't joking either by all accounts.:eek:
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    She just seems to go out with rich men now and do bugger all.

Well what can she do? She can't sing, can't act, isn't funny, has buck-teeth, cheeks like a chipmunk ... and she's Ginger! Would you unleash that on the public?
  • Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    Jimmy Tarbuck is another "professional scouser". Some years go his Wiki page was hacked into and someone wrote something along the lines of" Tarby is professional scouser who only ever comes to the city when he has something to sell".

Indeed, he lives, or certainly did live, in the very affluent and exclusive Coombe district of Kingston-Upon-Thames. It has a nice golf course.

An old friend was a postman who'd deliver to his house. He wold never give a cash Christmas tip, instead preferring to tell a joke.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kenrichlan wrote: »
    OK - One thing strikes me here................I don't see any posts from anyone who has actualy met Cilla themselves. They all appear to be from people who have heard from a "distant cousin of their Grandma's dentist" or "read it in the Daily Mail" - well we all know how credible that particular rag is!

Well, I HAVE met Cilla on several occasions over the years and I know that she always spends time after shows etc and chats and signs autographs for the many people who want them. She always thanks people for waiting - and even if that's all part of an act, it's something she doesn't HAVE to do - it's something she CHOOSES to do. She does take an interest in her fans and anyone who attended the Liverpool or Aylesbury pantos in recent years will know how popular they were and will have seen the crowds who waited outside the stage door every night. No one was sent away disappointed to my knowledge.

One example of Cilla's "not so nasty" side involves a friend who came over from Australia to see Cilla in Panto. She met Cilla and chatted several times, Cilla being really touched that someone had travelled so far to see her. A few months later my friend was taken seriously ill and at one stage it seemed as though she might not recover or would have severe disabilities. When Cilla found out about that, she took the trouble to send a personal note and signed photos wishing her well. Happily my friend is recovering now, but that doesn't sound like the actions of a "nasty vile individual" to me!

So..... if you're going to "have a go" - at least make it on the basis of factual information and your personal experiences, and not the second or third hand gossip from obscure contacts or "BA Cabin Crew", because we all know how bitchy and venomous they can be! There's good and bad in all professions and I have witnessed first hand just how rude, offhand and toffee nosed some cabin crew can be. On the other hand, some have been totally helpful, caring and charming.

Live and let live.....speak as you find.......but don't just jump on the bandwagon because someone else is "having a go"!

Well, I have met her on a few occasions, and can confirm she is a stuck up woman. None of what you have said above rings true to me.

I was once unfortunate enough to be in the same departure lounge as her, and she was quite rude toward an old lady who just wanted her autograph.

So there's your 'having a go' but it is based on 'factual information'
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    Well, I have met her on a few occasions, and can confirm she is a stuck up woman. None of what you have said above rings true to me.

I was once unfortunate enough to be in the same departure lounge as her, and she was quite rude toward an old lady who just wanted her autograph.

So there's your 'having a go' but it is based on 'factual information'

You're wasting your time - Cilla only checks in here once a year to refute any slights to her character! :D
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

80sfan, you are quite correct - she attempted to deny she had any political leanings. She claimed that her performance at a Conservative rally was entirely out of her control and knowledge (!). And the band played 'believe it if you like'...

Here's the source:
    I ask Black about her politics and she says, "I'm apolitical. Where all that Conservative business came along from I don't know."

I expect it came from the fact that she appeared on stage at a Tory rally during the campaign for the 1992 election. That's a pretty unambiguous endorsement, isn't it?

"I, ah, I didn't know I was. I didn't know I was. I was called to somewhere in Wembley - give me a stage and I'm on there! I was on there, but it was Bobby who prompted me. I said, what the hell do I say up here? But I didn't realise it was being ... until I got on there, and I saw all the cameras. I thought, this is going to be on the 10 o'clock news! I made light of it. I think I said something about fairy stories."
  • jack pattersonjack patterson Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kiko H Fan wrote: »
    Cilla is a Professional Scouser and backs it up by living somewere gritty, tough and Scouse, namely Denham in Buckinghamshire (Denham Golf Club even has it's own rail station!).

Cilla once said that "Margaret Thatcher put the Great into Great Britain".

I've never met the woman, but those two things say enough for me.

I think she knew Jimmy Savile as well.
  • RealityRocksRealityRocks Posts: 4,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My dad used to breed parakeets and budgies and once many years ago met Cilla Black's husband, as my dad was selling a pair of rare parakeets. Apparently the husband said that he liked to sit in the aviary to get away from the wife, my dad said 'oh, like that is it' and he said 'you don't know the half of it mate'.
  • sensoriasensoria Posts: 4,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please tell us more!! :)

Just rude and indifferent, never said thanks always wanted the cheepest thing.

Her husband Bobby on the other hand was a lovely man.
  • Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    Where's Cilla gone? She hasn't been on TV for ages :o:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My dad used to breed parakeets and budgies and once many years ago met Cilla Black's husband, as my dad was selling a pair of rare parakeets. Apparently the husband said that he liked to sit in the aviary to get away from the wife, my dad said 'oh, like that is it' and he said 'you don't know the half of it mate'.

Poor sod :(
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I suppose he was stuck with her being her manager and (as far I know only) her being his only client.

Anyway, years ago my dad was talking to the manager of a hotel. Can't remember the exact details but apparently in the days before she married Bobby a maid walked in on her and him in bed (it was obviously back in the 60s). The maid had knocked, had assumed they were out as there was no noise and was just doing something ordinary like leaving clean towels. To cut a long story short Cilla did everything she could to get this woman fired, the hotel manager did not have a good opinion of Cilla to say the least! (Edit: they weren't having sex as far I know, just lying in bed.)

My mum went to see her in concert in Newcastle (in 60s or early 70s - dragged there by her own mum!). Cilla apparently likes interacting a bit with her audience but on that night she was only really friendly with the men, the women were getting short shrift or bitchy comments (wrapped up as 'humour'). Mum went right off her then and there declaring she was a 'man's woman' and didn't really like women. She might have a point - we don't really hear of having many close female friends do we?
  • Wallasey SaintWallasey Saint Posts: 7,626
    Forum Member
    Ricky Tomlinson is a really ace bloke and a bloody good actor. If I didn't love him before - I'd love him for reading that!

I've heard that he leaves a 'Christmas box' for his postie (possibly other service providers too) a Christmas card Sayinbg 'Christmas My Arse!' enclosing a £20 note!

Ricky & Cilla had a spat in the local Liverpool evening paper a few years back, over who was the real Scouser, as Ricky was born in Blackpool but lived in Liverpool most of his life. Difference is despite his success Ricky has never forgotten his roots Cilla has. Cilla is loathed up here in Liverpool, even more so when she sent Major a letter congratulating the Tories after the General Election win 92. One of those Professional Scousers who also thinks she should be treated like Royalty because she knew The Beatles.

One FM on another thread mentioned when they were at a Panto one year when Cilla was in the Panto, Cilla said"What shal i do to get rid of the baddie?" a kid in the audience replied "sing to him".:D
  • Coma_WhiteComa_White Posts: 167
    Forum Member
    Cilla Black has the attitude of M. Bison and looks like Blanka

This is one of the best comments on the internet that I have ever read.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What I don't understand is how this woman (if she's as unpleasant as the multitude of stories suggest) has had such a long career. After all, she was in no way good enough a singer to excuse such diva-like behaviour, and her only discernible talent seems to have been her 'mumsy' act as a TV presenter. Such TV personalities were always ten a penny - so how did such an allegedly monstrous woman continue to get work for so long (and earn so much)? Was she simply good at schmoozing with people who could help her/provide work, whilst remaining hostile to 'the little people'?
  • jamtamarajamtamara Posts: 2,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she knew Jimmy Savile as well.

Sounds more like a friend of yours.
    ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sensoria wrote: »
    Just rude and indifferent, never said thanks always wanted the cheepest thing.

That would tally with the budgie/parakeet stories! ;):D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and she's Ginger!

Dyed! ;)
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    You're wasting your time - Cilla only checks in here once a year to refute any slights to her character! :D

:D I can't wait.
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sunny B wrote: »
    Where's Cilla gone? She hasn't been on TV for ages :o:p

Who cares? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who cares? :D

Indeed - let's just not jinx it. :D

Do we want to risk this back on our televisions?

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/nov2009/7/5/cilla-black-pic-rex-613479392.jpg
  • Wynne EvansWynne Evans Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to a OP Bobby strayed, if true then i don't blame him, vile pig is what she is and i have met her, if she was drowning then wild horses would not make me take my foot of her head.:D
  • M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member
    woot_whoo wrote: »
    What could the BA crew possibly have had to gain from falsifying stories about Cilla's behaviour on flights? If anything, they would have been opening themselves up to charges of libel if they were defaming her unjustly.

The thread on pprune is largely about how nice slebs are. The rude ones are the rarity. They have no reason to lie.
  • WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some of the stuff people have written in this thread? Wow! Some people should be ashamed of themselves. Classic example of the British public bringing down their own.
This discussion has been closed.