124»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    Those are exciting!!
    Forum Member
    Amyy. wrote: »
    It appears Billie's on set now, her stunt double's been tweeting...

http://billiepiedpiper.tumblr.com/post/48353352518/louiseeastell-on-twitter-has-posted-and

Looks a little rough almost river song like, not normal rose attire hmm
  • sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    Looks a little rough almost river song like, not normal rose attire hmm

A little too young for River's more sensual style, though perhaps.
    Forum Member
    sebbie3000 wrote: »
    A little too young for River's more sensual style, though perhaps.

Very similar to rivers day of the moon outfit

http://m193.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/ryottelora/RiverSong-DayOfTheMoon.jpg.html?t=13452218 I think she also wore it briefly in a good mangoes to war
    Forum Member
    Very similar to rivers day of the moon outfit

http://m193.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/ryottelora/RiverSong-DayOfTheMoon.jpg.html?t=13452218 I think she also wore it briefly in a good mangoes to war

Really? Very similar? I wouldn't even say vaguely similar. Except in that they are both clothing for females.

River Song's outfit is here. River's wardrobe is made up of sexy and/or functional/military inspired. It's a definite nod to her character.

Rose's outfit fits neither of those, and certainly doesn't resemble the above outfit. There's a stylistic difference on purpose.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really? Very similar? I wouldn't even say vaguely similar. Except in that they are both clothing for females.

River Song's outfit is here. River's wardrobe is made up of sexy and/or functional/military inspired. It's a definite nod to her character.

Rose's outfit fits neither of those, and certainly doesn't resemble the above outfit. There's a stylistic difference on purpose.

rose looks a little post apocalyptic..
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never argue about women's clothes with sebbie! He knows all there is to know.

Torry_Z wrote: »
    rose looks a little post apocalyptic..

I thought she looked like she's been through a hard time.:D

But maybe that's what's worn nowadays...I have no idea.:o
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From the Doctor Who twitter feed: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BIob8BDCYAARyGX.jpg:large

Also seemingly with John Hurt and a man in a suit.
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    CD93 wrote: »
    From the Doctor Who twitter feed: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BIob8BDCYAARyGX.jpg:large

Also seemingly with John Hurt and a man in a suit.

That's a woman. Presumably Jemma Redgrave or exec producer Faith Penhale.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So it is - upon more than a glance :p
    Forum Member
    Never argue about women's clothes with sebbie! He knows all there is to know.

I thought she looked like she's been through a hard time.:D

But maybe that's what's worn nowadays...I have no idea.:o

Haha! Thanks Granny. Never a truer word spoken... :D
    Forum Member

We must be staring at different pictures.

Trust me I think river looks fabulous and I don't understand why rose would be in something like that. Just not rose. Where's her white velcro shoes and her purpley/blue pleather jacket.
    Forum Member
    We must be staring at different pictures.

Trust me I think river looks fabulous and I don't understand why rose would be in something like that. Just not rose. Where's her white velcro shoes and her purpley/blue pleather jacket.

None of us know yet why Rose would be in something like that. It is clearly a definite choice, though. Perhaps her world (Pete's World) is in an absolute mess, and she's living in a slum region so can't afford proper clothes. Also, the change in wardrobe could be a shift simply through the age and maturation of the character that's been going on behind the scenes - that will either be explained, or not (as the story needs it). We've all seen those female characters from the soaps who were slighlty dowdy, or dressed in cheap functional clothing who then leave the soap for a while, only to come back with a more expensive haircut and wardrobe, and to have their make up applied better. This is to show the 'journey' the character has been on. It is used in many many forms in many many shows. The wardrobe departments spend hours finding, sourcing and creating outfits to match a specific charcter set.

What is definite, though, is that it doesn't have any of the styling that River has been given. Maybe as Mel she would have worn something similar, but not as River.