Misha B new single out now!

Comments

• fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    We were just discussing favorites in another topic - and Misha B was one of the top favorites by bookies to win after 'Rolling in the Deep' AND 'Tainted Love'.

Why was that? Because she made those songs into such catchy original pieces which seemed to be commercial too. I still don't like what Misha is doing right now because again like with Amelia, so far it's not anything like that style of her original mash-ups. She needs to do something like that again. Atm none of her singles have completely captivated me like her XF performances did.
  • gavin shipmangavin shipman Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    Misha is only #34 with her new single. How is this????
  • M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member

I would have thought the answer was obvious.

Even with all the publicity surrounding it, the hype, the free plugs, the friendly press articles it struggles to get into the top 40

Quite frankly put the track is not very good and, unless I am mistaken, autotuned.
    Forum Member
    We were just discussing favorites in another topic - and Misha B was one of the top favorites by bookies to win after 'Rolling in the Deep' AND 'Tainted Love'.

Why was that? Because she made those songs into such catchy original pieces which seemed to be commercial too. I still don't like what Misha is doing right now because again like with Amelia, so far it's not anything like that style of her original mash-ups. She needs to do something like that again. Atm none of her singles have completely captivated me like her XF performances did.

Part of the problem is with a few exceptions there is not an army of people sitting around waiting for Misha B to release a track and she waited far too long after the show to get going struggling to make an impact with two mediocre tracks, one of which failed to make the top 10.

She really is now yesterdays news. Just another generic pop wannabe among an army of generic pop wannabe’s. She has nothing distinctive or original about her and her voice, although adequate, is hardly exceptional.

She has not even released her first album yet !!!!
  • my name is joemy name is joe Posts: 4,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it's not doing so bad, it's climbing slowly...that always suggests to me people hear it and like it and go off and download it. I distrust the old straight in at no1 malarkey - that's just fanbase nonsense
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You dont have to get into the top 20 with every single that you bring out to be a very successful artist. Look at someone like Mary J Blige who rarely gets into the charts, but who is a hugely successful world wide artist.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You dont have to get into the top 20 with every single that you bring out to be a very successful artist. Look at someone like Mary J Blige who rarely gets into the charts, but who is a hugely successful world wide artist.

You do when you're a new artist. This is her 3rd single.
  • Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    new artists find it the toughest to sell music as they are still developing a loyal fanbase. Look Misha is doing what she entered X Factor for. She is writing and recording music, performing gigs and making music videos while recording her single. The single is a summer song and it should build airplay from May-July. It will be a grower!
    Forum Member

Misha B is no Mary J Blige or Beverley Knight.

She is a former talent show failure. She did not even make the top 3 the year she was in it.

She has struggled with her first two singles, only one made the top ten and her latest seems to be floundering.
    Forum Member
    new artists find it the toughest to sell music as they are still developing a loyal fanbase. Look Misha is doing what she entered X Factor for. She is writing and recording music, performing gigs and making music videos while recording her single. The single is a summer song and it should build airplay from May-July. It will be a grower!

Yes, she certainly is writing and recording music. She is also publicising it.

Doesn’t appear to be shifting much of it though. That is the problem.

In part that is not her fault.

Let’s face it. She missed the chance when she did not capitalise on the show. The show wants them all to tour first so the contestants lose the chance to issue a song pretty quickly to capture the zeitgeist of the show and to keep the loyal fanbase from the show into the music career.
  • Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    M@nterik u r actually obsessed with Misha B in an unhealthy way! Time for u 2 get banned again!
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    M@nterik wrote: »
    Yes, she certainly is writing and recording music. She is also publicising it.

Doesn’t appear to be shifting much of it though. That is the problem.

In part that is not her fault.

Let’s face it. She missed the chance when she did not capitalise on the show. The show wants them all to tour first so the contestants lose the chance to issue a song pretty quickly to capture the zeitgeist of the show and to keep the loyal fanbase from the show into the music career.

But no act would turn down the massive pay cheque and big arena touring experience that the XF tour gives them in order to release a single that may or may not do well. Misha released a song pretty quickly after the tour was done so I don't see that she missed her opportunity. I think she's captalised on her XF stint as much as possible without looking full-on desperate.

I don't think there's any cryptic reason why this song isn't doing too well. It's a decent enough song with good production values, and it's had radio play. Sometimes songs just don't connect with the public, for whatever reason. As an Aiden fan, I've learnt that the hard way. There's no conspiracy behind it, and it doesn't mean the song is rubbish or that Misha isn't talented. She just needs to keep plugging away, working hard and eventually come up with something the public do like. The fact that people are so willing to write off acts that are seen to be underperforming doesn't help, either, but that's the way things are at the moment. Hopefully Misha has a supportive label who are interested in the long-term results, not just the short-term ones.
  • E05297535E05297535 Posts: 5,602
    Forum Member
    Misha made it into the Top 40 all the same....a good jump from 56 yesterday!!

I'm just ignoring the negative comments on here from folk who just won't let go of their 'dislike' for a certain artist and get a life instead!!;):D Particilarly as the artist hasn't publicly made a show of herself and just want to carry on what she does best....write tunes and make cd/album/mixtapes!!!!
  • shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    _elly001 wrote: »

I don't think there's any cryptic reason why this song isn't doing too well. It's a decent enough song with good production values, and it's had radio play. Sometimes songs just don't connect with the public, for whatever reason. As an Aiden fan, I've learnt that the hard way. There's no conspiracy behind it, and it doesn't mean the song is rubbish or that Misha isn't talented. She just needs to keep plugging away, working hard and eventually come up with something the public do like. The fact that people are so willing to write off acts that are seen to be underperforming doesn't help, either, but that's the way things are at the moment. Hopefully Misha has a supportive label who are interested in the long-term results, not just the short-term ones.

So true!
    I agree with a lot of your posts :)
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So true!
    I agree with a lot of your posts :)

Thank you, that's a really nice thing to say. I'm glad that someone does! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Misha would do much better if she sang soul music which would appeal to a much wider audience because she has the voice to do so. At the moment her music is directed at a very young audience.
  • HowardessexHowardessex Posts: 2,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is on BBC breakfast today . She needs to do more tv , especially shows like Chatty man , G Norton , and Later Jools Holland . I blame her management / agent .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On BBC Breakfast Misha has just said that she has been doing a collaboration with Emeli Sande which is great.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    I quite like the song and the video is great, but I agree soul/RnB would be a good direction for Misha. Maybe the mash-ups would be too polarising.
  • 4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    If you listen to Misha's two Mixtapes Why Hello World http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1Pzen-qink and Knock Knock http://killerhiphop.co.uk/mixtape-misha-b-knock-knock-download/ It's obvious she is going in a Rnb/Soul/Urban route for the album I think she is just releasing the most radio friendly songs first.
  • Pingu222Pingu222 Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    Number 31 in the midweeks

In comparison Amelia was 32 last week (before charting at 40 on Sunday) and was down to about 40 on iTunes by that time, Misha is at 32 on iTunes at the moment.

So very similar so far for their 3rd singles.
  • AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Presumably because not many people like it.
    Forum Member
    Andybear wrote: »
    Presumably because not many people like it.

Hype and free publicity will only take an artist so far.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you get in the top 40 you are a success. There are plenty of good artists that never get anywhere near the charts. Misha is doing just fine.