Shocked.. Thought Alice wiped the floor with Andrea

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,115
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I wasn't keen on Alice's audition but I really thought she pulled it out the bag tonight. Really had the edge over Andrea.

Did anyone else find Andrea a bit cocky before the performance? 'I think I have the edge because of my emotion.'

Comments

• OMGItsAnnieOMGItsAnnie Posts: 2,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hoped Tom would steal her, she had so much potential.
  • digichantdigichant Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I completely agree, Alice was much better.

Andrea got through because she's blind. Yes she can sing, but she wasn't better. Danny proved this when his only comment was something ridiculous about how she "has to think so much more, even when walking to the stage!"
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with Alice being better, I disagree that Andrea was cocky though, I don't think it was her being cocky.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I know. Alice was in my top 3!!! :(
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I preferred Andrea - she has more purity in her voice. Alice was a bit nasal.
  • Lewi26Lewi26 Posts: 11,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They were both brilliant, actually sounded really great together as opposed to Jessie's and wills team after them. Gutted no one stole her
  • OMGItsAnnieOMGItsAnnie Posts: 2,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adam Barron got stolen but Alice didn't, lol what a joke.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alice was nothing special at all.

She'd gotten her voice to what sounded like a decent one. Like she'd been trained how to hold a note in drama school, but her voice was not all that good at all. A bit nasal as well.

Andrea was much better.
  • _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't think Alice was great but wow Andrea was awful. Her voice is so weak, it's obvious she's only getting through because she's blind and she'll probably make the lives because of it as well, so unfair :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^^ That's not fair at all.

She could have sounded like Whitney Houston and the "blind" card would still get tossed around.
  • muzungumuzungu Posts: 343
    Forum Member
    Alice was the better singer I thought. Andrea was quite often off key.
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    Thought Alice was rubbish. A horrible, harsh voice. She got what she deserved.
  • SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are both quite weak. If Danny picked Alice people would accuse him of letting his wee-wee do the decision-making. Danny can't win (literally) with these two...
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Neither are that special, certainly not star material. He might as well have tossed a coin.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,313
    Forum Member
    I thought Andrea had a much purer voice and sounded a lot more vulnerable and believable. In my opinion she deserved to win the battle. Andrea's sight problem had no impact on her winning the battle, Danny chose her because he believes in her and I think she deserved to win.
  • Anya DAnya D Posts: 14,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I definitely preferred Andrea. Alice was taking huge Mariah Careyesque breaths, which I really don't like at all.
    I thought Alice had a good voice and might well get herself a recording contract.
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,963
    Forum Member
    I preferred Andrea - she has more purity in her voice. Alice was a bit nasal.
    I agree. There's a pure folksy voice there with Andrea. Alice is rent a voice.
  • Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    Alice was nothing special at all.

She'd gotten her voice to what sounded like a decent one. Like she'd been trained how to hold a note in drama school, but her voice was not all that good at all. A bit nasal as well.

Andrea was much better.

I agree with you, but then I disagreed on virtually every battle. The only one I did agree with was Cleo v Nutarna and that's just because Nutarna were so horrible, but Cleo did try to sink to their evel there for a while.
  • _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    ^^^ That's not fair at all.

She could have sounded like Whitney Houston and the "blind" card would still get tossed around.

Well she's clearly no way near Whitney so what's the point in making that comparison :confused: I wouldn't have said it if she was really good and genuinely did deserve to get through, for me she's the worst out of everyone who made the battles by far and I think it's unfair that she's gotten through.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No fan of Andrea but she deserved to go through. Alice's voice is as thin as her pins!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    _NiallDEE_ wrote: »
    Well she's clearly no way near Whitney so what's the point in making that comparison :confused: I wouldn't have said it if she was really good and genuinely did deserve to get through, for me she's the worst out of everyone who made the battles by far and I think it's unfair that she's gotten through.

It's not a comparison, just a bit of hyperbole. :D

I just notice those comments a lot. He/She only got through/won because of (insert disability here) regardless of how talented/untalented they are.
  • GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    I preferred Andrea's purer voice. Alice just looked like she should eat something.

Didn't like how they'd made Andrea look dowdy while Alice stood there like Bambi all legs and big eyes.

Being pretty didn't help her though.
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How offensive to say that Andrea got through because she is VI. I am VI myself and it is utter nonsense to come out with such statements. #she got through because she gave the better performance, and has the better voice. They should not be having soap stars on there anyway.
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    They are both quite weak. If Danny picked Alice people would accuse him of letting his wee-wee do the decision-making. Danny can't win (literally) with these two...

I wouldn't call Andrea weak, she no powerhouse, but for me that's a good thing, you don't need power to be a really good singer, for me there's a touch of Eva Cassidy about her - Alice was decent, but very generic and a touch of nasal every so often
    bboy1988 wrote: »
    I thought Andrea had a much purer voice and sounded a lot more vulnerable and believable. In my opinion she deserved to win the battle. Andrea's sight problem had no impact on her winning the battle, Danny chose her because he believes in her and I think she deserved to win.

Andrea has lovely clarity to her vocals, if she gets her nerves under control she's potentially very, very good. I honestly think that's why she won, nothing else.
  • maringarmaringar Posts: 6,737
    Forum Member
    Andrea has a pure beautiful voice, Alice sings through her nose, Andrea made the hairs stand on the back of my neck as it did with Danny.:)