Tony Pulis set to leave Stoke City

BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,278
Forum Member
✭✭
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/tony-pulis-leaves-stoke-city-1902582

Not much of a surprise really the club needs change.

Comments

• BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Next season is looking even more unpredictable when you look at the top 5 longest serving managers in the PL if Pulis does go

Wenger
    Pardew
    Allardyce
    Jol
    Rodgers
  • NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark Hughes on standby to remind Stoke fans they need to be careful what they wish for.;)
  • codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BigBmad wrote: »
    Next season is looking even more unpredictable when you look at the top 5 longest serving managers in the PL if Pulis does go

Wenger
    Pardew
    Allardyce
    Jol
    Rodgers

what a joke!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    codeblue wrote: »
    what a joke!

Its certainly not a season for standing still is it :eek:. I am not even sure Pardew and Jol's jobs are safe yet
  • Assa2Assa2 Posts: 10,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pardew is safe because he signed a long contract last summer so will cost too much to sack. Not sure why Fulham would sack Jol at this point. They were never serious contenders for relegation and they're another club with very little resources to call on so safety will always be their priority over anything else.

I'd put money on PDC being the next manager to go early on next season if not before!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Assa2 wrote: »
    Pardew is safe because he signed a long contract last summer so will cost too much to sack. Not sure why Fulham would sack Jol at this point. They were never serious contenders for relegation and they're another club with very little resources to call on so safety will always be their priority over anything else.

I'd put money on PDC being the next manager to go early on next season if not before!

Pardew is apparently only entitled to a years pay off if he is sacked

Jol isn't taking Fulham anywhere but towards a struggle at the bottom

PDC will be fine, he is being allowed to rebuild a crumbling club by the chairman. As a Newcastle fan I am admiring his work so far.
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll say one thing to Stoke Fans....

Charlton Athletic
  • mgnsmgns Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    I'll say one thing to Stoke Fans....

Charlton Athletic

I'd argue that Charlton fans had unrealistic ambitions - Pulis was taking Stoke towards relegation this season or next.
  • O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    He's left, according to SSN.

I guess someone out of work currently will get the job? Mark Hughes or someone like that?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Odds

Di Matteo 11/4
    Hughes 4/1
    Poyet 10/1
    Phil Neville 10/1
    Benitez 14/1
    Steve Bould 14/1
    Martin O'Neill 16/1
    Neil Lennon 20/1
    Solskjaer 25/1
    Steve Davis 25/1

Lions Coach Warren Gaitland is 5000/1 with Paddy Power :D
  • James1953James1953 Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No Harry Redknapp in the betting.........
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James1953 wrote: »
    No Harry Redknapp in the betting.........

Stoke is far too far north for 'Arry. He gets a nosebleed when he goes past Watford.
  • BosoxBosox Posts: 14,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *please be true, please be true, please be true*

It would be nice to have 20 football teams in the Premier League again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bosox wrote: »
    *please be true, please be true, please be true*

It would be nice to have 20 football teams in the Premier League again.

It's true. he's gone
  • PeePee Posts: 8,154
    Forum Member
    lol why would Phil Neville be in the running to coach Stoke?
  • MaxatoriaMaxatoria Posts: 17,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheers for the work TP now its time to go onwards and upwards hopefully new manager and a bit of coates money to freshen it up a bit
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pee wrote: »
    lol why would Phil Neville be in the running to coach Stoke?

People putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 4. Ex players going straight into management a la Di Canio and Laudrup

Some bookies were offering odds on Giggs and Scholes managing Man Utd before Moyes was confirmed
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is quite sad. Pulis has had Stoke playing beautiful football in recent years. Hopefully, one day, we shall see that baseball cap glistening in the sunshine.
  • Big PoyBig Poy Posts: 7,467
    Forum Member
    He wears the club shop, he wears the club shop.. Tony Pulis, he wears the club shop.

Hopefully his next club will get to hear that song too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is quite sad. Pulis has had Stoke playing beautiful football in recent years. Hopefully, one day, we shall see that baseball cap glistening in the sunshine.

He always looked a bit Operation Youknowwhat in that cap

nb - I'm referring to the cap as fashion statment and not the personality or actions of one who wears it. Pulis is a good, actually, bad old fashioned British Manager. Sue DS, not me
  • snukrsnukr Posts: 19,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a vacancy at Everton for him. :D
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,849
    Forum Member
    Assa2 wrote: »

The Pardew contract thing is a bit of a myth. He will cost the same to sack as pretty much any other manager.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,849
    Forum Member
    Who the hell will they appoint? Pulis had a type of player and it's going to take either a similar manager or an awful lot of money to mould a new team.
  • misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Pardew contract thing is a bit of a myth. He will cost the same to sack as pretty much any other manager.

Is it? I found it a surprise that they gave him such a long contract and would be shocked if there wasn’t any get out clauses.
  • Mark FMark F Posts: 53,875
    Forum Member
    Be ironic if they get a manager who plays football the "right way" but then go down.