Battlefield 4

Comments

• OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    claymore74 wrote: »
    I was on for 2 hours last night. Played Zavod through to Rogue on the standard maps. I had one noticeable slow down on Hainan when the hotel came down, but no rubber banding at all.

It was the smoothest experience I've had in a long time. Hopefully it stays that way.

That's good to hear. That map was the one I always experienced it on out of all the originals.
  • claymore74claymore74 Posts: 1,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMTT wrote: »
    That's good to hear. That map was the one I always experienced it on out of all the originals.

I know. The last time I played Hainan I was jumping full vehicle lengths backwards, so it was a welcome change last night.
  • Kopite79Kopite79 Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are the Naval Strike maps working OK now? I might buy them if they are.
    Forum Member
    Played a round of conquest on Hainan & Shanghai & didn't encounter any problems. The best it's ever run since launch! I phase to adjust my sensitivity as I wasn't used to it & in the settings screen, if I press R3, it lets me see how well the server is running with details about ping, server name etc. has that always been there?
  • dave666dave666 Posts: 1,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i am playing on ps3 at the moment when i am in a online match my ps3 freezes i can't do anything i have to turn the system off and it does a hard drive check. is anyone else having this problem and is there going to be a fix for it
  • homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    dave666 wrote: »
    i am playing on ps3 at the moment when i am in a online match my ps3 freezes i can't do anything i have to turn the system off and it does a hard drive check. is anyone else having this problem and is there going to be a fix for it

Brought my copy last night and the amount of freezes my ps3 has been through in 24 hours is just plain stupid.

Multiplayer is so rubbish, wish i didnt spend £17 on this game.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    homer2012 wrote: »
    Brought my copy last night and the amount of freezes my ps3 has been through in 24 hours is just plain stupid.

Multiplayer is so rubbish, wish i didnt spend £17 on this game.

i got it last week on easter sale i knew it had problems but i thought 6 months would be time to fix it i will be buying no more dice or ea games i will get my fps fix somewhere else
  • TheToonArmyTheToonArmy Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had my copy since xmas and I dont think I have had one crash, has a few failed starts but that was the xbone trying to use the quick restart function in the early days of the xbone software beta.

I'm maybe just lucky.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, do the new "higher-performance servers" mean this game *finally* works properly?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    So, do the new "higher-performance servers" mean this game *finally* works properly?

not for me they don't but i am still playing on ps3
    when i do get ps4 i won't be wasting my money on this broken rushed cash grab
  • Kopite79Kopite79 Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »

Played for 3 hours last night (PS4) and didn't experience any rubber banding. It's the most fun I've had on the game in a long time.

I've seen mixed reports on Naval Strike. Perhaps they haven't upgraded all the servers yet.
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think as far as the Sony consoles are concerned there are 2 different issues. In the ps3 case I think it struggles to run the game the way is been programmed. It used to crash the ps3 all the time when first released, then a patch fixed it and now subsequent patches have brought it back again, they unfixed it.
    Ps4 also suffered this at the start however the system didn't let it freeze the console and just threw up a CE. I can't remember the last time I had one of those, so guess they didn't unfix that one. It looks like ps4 issues are their end and somehow what they thought would run the game cannot.
    They said they wouldn't work and release dlc till it was fixed. Imo ps4 wise with the server reboots the game could probably be now classed as fixed, however not for ps3. Yet since then we've had 2nd assault and naval strike released. I feel EA at work here and these are now being quickly fired out so as work can begin on bf5 and not affect EAs schedule.

I don't know how game preforms on xbox1, 360 or PC.

Naval strike maps are actually pretty good imo but I'm fearing next maps will be infantry only to appeal to those players, which means I won't be Buying them.
  • claymore74claymore74 Posts: 1,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, the dlc has been released way too fast, much faster than it was for bf3.

At this point in bf3, we didn't even have close quarters yet, it wasn't released until June, and the rest were at roughly 3 month intervals after that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

i think i have the game working now i rebuilt the system storage on my ps3 i have had 5 games in row without the game freezing
    Forum Member
    i think i have the game working now i rebuilt the system storage on my ps3 i have had 5 games in row without the game freezing

I did that after every freeze and still issues.

Multiplayer is so rubbish, the concept is good but i miss the cod style pick other weapons up to kill higher ranked players. New players on bf are punished beyond belief
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Multiplayer is so rubbish, the concept is good but i miss the cod style pick other weapons up to kill higher ranked players. New players on bf are punished beyond belief

You can't pick up weapons in BF?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can't pick up weapons in BF?

Yes..You can.
    Forum Member
    Tried but never lets me, sod it i'll do the campaign mode and start tomb raider
    Forum Member
    Best multiplayer FPS I've played, pisses all over COD in every department
  • TheToonArmyTheToonArmy Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMTT wrote: »
    Best multiplayer FPS I've played, pisses all over COD in every department

Have to agree, never got on with BF, always a cod player until the ghosts.

Bought BF4 and never looked back since, shame I missed all the previous versions.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    If BF4 is not very good for PS3, what about BF3?

If they have got rid of the online pass does that mean BF3 can now be played without the pass?
  • seanfseanf Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

ye another cod player leaves. Cod is for players that don't want to think about what they have to do apart from run and gun.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If BF4 is not very good for PS3, what about BF3?

If they have got rid of the online pass does that mean BF3 can now be played without the pass?

Im almost certain the online pass became available for free on ps3 for bf3 It also used to be a plus game. Take it you didn't sub back then ?
    See if you can see the pass in the store.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Im almost certain the online pass became available for free on ps3 for bf3 It also used to be a plus game. Take it you didn't sub back then ?
    See if you can see the pass in the store.

I'll see if I can get BF3 for a good price (£10 if poss) and give it a go, then if I like it I might get a PS4 for BF4.

But I have just thrown BO2 and MW3 out as they were full of quickscopers and cheats using invisible players.

Plus I got tired of being out gunned due to lag rather than skill.

I like to play as a sniper and like the idea of crawling through the grass to make a long shot on a single target.
    Forum Member
    seanf wrote: »
    ye another cod player leaves. Cod is for players that don't want to think about what they have to do apart from run and gun.

Left cod after 1 week of black ops 2. I'll never return.