Options

Midnight Announcement- Any more from EE?

frenchie21frenchie21 Posts: 529
Forum Member
✭✭
Hey there folks,

Just a simple question really...

Will there be any more midnight announcements coming on the horizon from EastEnders?

I know people bash the way they do this ( I call it moaning!!) but I think it, For a certain amount of people it builds up a level of excitement wondering what it could be :)

Thanks people :)

Comments

• Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love how the usual suspects moan about the midnight announcements but then spend the rest of the thread trying to guess what it is! :p

We are awaiting the castings of Rebecca Fowler and the reveal of the Carter kids so maybe another one is on the horizon soon.
  • Options
    frenchie21frenchie21 Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anybody what to answer this question? Thank you!
  • Options
    O-JO-J Posts: 18,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    frenchie21 wrote: »
    Anybody what to answer this question? Thank you!

Usually we only find out about Midnight announcements the day before midnight, so, if there is one, we would know by 11am, there would normally be a thread about it that will be kept alive until 12 midnight.
  • Options
    soapnutsoapnut Posts: 6,905
    Forum Member
    FATBOY AXED! Please please please I'm begging!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never understood why they & others do this? It's a bit pathetic just stfu & make your announcement then let people discuss said announcement.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've never understood why they & others do this? It's a bit pathetic just stfu & make your announcement then let people discuss said announcement.

EastEnders is desperate though, if it is an EE announcement.
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So now EE fans are not only trying to guess what a midnight announcement will be, but also now trying to guess if there will be a midnight announcement in the first place.

*sighs*
  • Options
    QueenAmyQueenAmy Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope that the next one is that Dexter, Fatboy and Alfie are axed but that would be asking for too much wouldn't it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The midnight announcement is more riveting than the show. It's also exactly the same as the show as it offers a huge anti-climax and is always a damp squib.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    QueenAmy wrote: »
    I hope that the next one is that Dexter, Fatboy and Alfie are axed but that would be asking for too much wouldn't it?

I would certainly stay awake until midnight for that! :D
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its only a midnight announcement because the BBC embargo the information until the media is allowed to release it which is normally midnight, although its becoming a bit of a tradition on here now cause the show has been on a low, any exciting news is sometimes better then the show :D

I would think it would be more castings announcements or more axing next the usual.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love these midnight announcements. Everyone on ds gets into a tizzy lol
  • Options
    JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    I love these midnight announcements. Everyone on ds gets into a tizzy lol

And I'm getting into a tizzy about not getting into a tizzy! :D:D

Totally messed up....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jayma wrote: »
    And I'm getting into a tizzy about not getting into a tizzy! :D:D

Totally messed up....

Lol! I am worried that I'm NOT in a tizzy!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lol! I am worried that I'm NOT in a tizzy!

Oh no, now I'm worried that you're not in a tizzy, but I'm in a tizzy about not getting into a tizzy! :eek::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jayma wrote: »
    Oh no, now I'm worried that you're not in a tizzy, but I'm in a tizzy about not getting into a tizzy! :eek::D

Sounds like an episode of eastenders under Lorraine! Lol. Seriously ds is more entertaining
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sounds like an episode of eastenders under Lorraine! Lol. Seriously ds is more entertaining

Well we certainly need a bit of 'love and warmth' right about now! :D:D
  • Options
    BabanBaban Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably just about the carter kids
  • Options
    Mr PatrickMr Patrick Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benbenalen wrote: »
    Usually we only find out about Midnight announcements the day before midnight, so, if there is one, we would know by 11am, there would normally be a thread about it that will be kept alive until 12 midnight.

soapsquad just confirmed it to me on twitter
  • Options
    monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,957
    Forum Member
    pothuthic wrote: »
    May I also add that I was discussing the Danny Dyer casting too (giving hints), plus I have more record on here of telling the truth, I wouldn't post it if it wasn't true

But you did suddenly start posting about the midnight announcements And i hadnt seen you before. Fyi i know people find out about stuff but i also know its meant to be embargoed and people arent allowed to talk about it. Theyre very strict which is why im confused why so many openly talk about things that are embargoed. The official twitters only say theres an announcement
  • Options
    monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,957
    Forum Member
    Mr Patrick wrote: »
    soapsquad just confirmed it to me on twitter

Yeah half 7 which timing wise is fine. I even said the same thing to them in the past
  • Options
    Amazee-DayzeeAmazee-Dayzee Posts: 1,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that the midnight announcements were only under LN's tenure
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that the midnight announcements were only under LN's tenure

No, they always release information/news with an embargo.

It just seems to only be recently that journalists and other website runners announce they have embargoed information and therefore a "midnight announcement".

It's not actually a set up from Eastenders themselves, it's people online creating it.
  • Options
    tvhonourtvhonour Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But you did suddenly start posting about the midnight announcements And i hadnt seen you before. Fyi i know people find out about stuff but i also know its meant to be embargoed and people arent allowed to talk about it. Theyre very strict which is why im confused why so many openly talk about things that are embargoed. The official twitters only say theres an announcement

As long as people don't reveal the details of the embargoed information before the time given its not a problem. People can speculate and tease as much as they want, there's no law against it.
  • Options
    EEforestEEforest Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've only briefly skimmed over the thread but there have been EastEnders Midnight announcements for years! But social media sites such as SoapSquawks's Twitter are teasing them before hand.. Another reason why I hate Twitter :sleep: :D