✭✭
    Very good
    Can't wait for Michael the Diva to get his just desserts! :D
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very good
    So are you actually watching tonight Oldnjaded?

Of course! Michael Moon has been an amazingly complex and mulit-layered character, who you just can't help but sympathise with, whatever he does, and I think he will be a massive loss to the show. Love him or hate him, characters as intricate as Michael are rare, across all the soaps. :(

I still tune in once, sometimes twice a week purely to see what he and Janine are up to, but after tonight, I fear it will be pretty much the end of the line for me. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    Oooo, excellent thread!
    Great to see Larkin's This be the verse get a mention too! Very appropriate!
  • Options
    SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oooo, excellent thread!
    Noticed this was your first post, Irena - welcome to DS! :)
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,317
    Forum Member
    Very good
    I'd like to point out OldNJaded that not all of the Easties crew are as rude as Dan. It's a pleasure to have you amongst us! :D
  • Options
    EESuperFanEESuperFan Posts: 2,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is EE any better right now? I've fallen a bit behind and currently on 10th October's episode :p
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very good
    [HIGHLIGHT]DULLAG YOU HAVE EXCELLED YOURSELF! :)[/HIGHLIGHT]

Well done, fantastic start to the thread, I'm going to sit back and watch some of those video links you posted - great stuff. Loved the biography too :)

I am REALLY looking forward to this episode - and it seems a helluva long time since I said that about EE!

Congrats to Sez Babe - a phenomenal amount of posts! :)

@ Onj - won't worry, the rate you rabbit on you'll soon catch up! :D Good to see you on an EE thread!
  • Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
    Forum Member
    Average
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    I'd like to point out OldNJaded that not all of the Easties crew are as rude as Dan. It's a pleasure to have you amongst us! :D
    Not rude just Honest. No point in going around the houses like you lot. Be honest and up front.:D
  • Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
    Forum Member
    Average
    EESuperFan wrote: »
    Is EE any better right now? I've fallen a bit behind and currently on 10th October's episode :p
    A tad...i'd say 10% better.
  • Options
    Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excellent
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Of course! Michael Moon has been an amazingly complex and mulit-layered character, who you just can't help but sympathise with, whatever he does, and I think he will be a massive loss to the show. Love him or hate him, characters as intricate as Michael are rare, across all the soaps. :(

I still tune in once, sometimes twice a week purely to see what he and Janine are up to, but after tonight, I fear it will be pretty much the end of the line for me. :(

Noooo :( are you not going to see what the show is like under DTC?
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Excellent

I assume not all of us excludes you ha!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Excellent
    Amazing thread dullaji and congrats sez on reaching the golden post count!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Very good
    ryanr554 wrote: »
    Whatever happens, I hope Michael goes out with the last laugh.

he will go out with a bang :D
  • Options
    SoapAddict101SoapAddict101 Posts: 5,294
    Forum Member
    Excellent
    Fantastic Thread!

Can't wait for tonights episode:D
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very good

Aw, what a gent, thank you. :)

And hiya Lotty; I didn't realise you hotfooted it down the M1 after ED. :D

And Ice dragon - I'll certainly keep an open mind, so who knows? :)
  • Options
    dancing.queendancing.queen Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excellent
    Brilliant start to the final thread of the week, and the final Michael episode.

I'm very excited for this episode as the cast list seems to suggest a Michael/Janine/Alice dominant episode. :D
  • Options
    Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So tonights the night Michael is killed I hope Alice does it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Very good
    dan2008 wrote: »
    Not rude just Honest. No point in going around the houses like you lot. Be honest and up front.:D

I can safely say I am always honest and up front on here! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Very good
    I assume not all of us excludes you ha!

I am not rude, I was voted as one of the most friendliest people on this forum I'll have you know! :D
  • Options
    JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    Excellent
    Dullag, thanks for an absolutely outstanding post - you've done us Michael fans proud in this his last episode. Your hard work is much appreciated! :D
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    It only seems right that my 100,000 post is one that is in Michael Moon’s final episode thread. A character that I have loved and admired for the last three years.

I won’t actually be able to watch the episode live, but I will be watching later on and of course, giving my judgement on whatever ends up happening.

I remember starting his appreciation thread and seeing all the posts about how awful he was! How times have changed :) His angst, his pent up emotion and underneath it all, his vulnerability are all the things that drew me to him as I knew that he was going to be an interesting character – which he certainly has been!! He’s kept me and all the other MMooners chatting on his appreciation thread – which has been lovely to be a part of and I know we’ll keep chatting even after tonight.

My favourite scenes of his have been when he is vulnerable. Michael crying in the gym and telling Kat and Alice that he didn’t want to have children because you end up loving them and then they end up hurting you was particularly poignant.

His quirky scenes, his one-liners and his facial expressions are things that no other character will be able to pull off. To be able to steal a scene from one look is not an easy thing to do.

Michael Moon - you have been amazing. Steve John Shepherd – good luck for the future and thank you for playing, in my opinion, the best character in Eastenders history.

Sez_babe

Sez, huge congrats on your mammoth post count - what a fitting day to hit 100k posts! I also remember your almost lone posting on Michael back in Feb 2011, then joined by becsie and emma and all of us were lying low amidst a tidal wave of Michael-hate back then!. You backed a winner in the end! I've thoroughly enjoyed posting with you and all our fellow MMooners, and I'm sure we'll all continue to meet up there, as we remain SJS fans. I echo the thanks to him for giving us an iconic character and it's great that so many others have come to appreciate this wonderful character. He will be missed by many of us and I also wish SJS all the best with what he chooses to do in the future! :)
    SteveOwen wrote: »
    Wow, Dullagj, you've excelled yourself with this thread! Thanks for all of your effort and thanks for listening to my suggestion for the thread title!

Sez - congrats on 100,000 posts!!!And only 99,000 of them about a certain Mr. Moon!

Great title, SO, another fellow MMooner! Yes, I'd love to carry out a survey on Sez's posts to see how many were about Michael - quite a large percentage, I'll bet! :D
    jarzo wrote: »
    I think more than ever I'm going to miss Michael sitting in his chair. I mean quite honestly has anyone ever sat in a chair better?

Michael's chair has almost become as legendary as Arthur's bench! Can we organise a whip-round for a plaque? :D
    priscilla wrote: »
    Thanks to Sez for creating the appreciation thread, probably the first person to notice his brilliance :D also congrats on 100,000 post :)

Can't believe at 20:30 tonight, he's gone. Like Sez, I hope theres a twist don't want him to be fooled or murdered by myAlice. Jayma on the appreciation thread suggested a good death for him.

Thanks priscilla, another fellow MMooner! Let's hope Michael gets the fantastic exit he deserves!

Hope everyone enjoys tonight's episode! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Excellent
    I am not rude, I was voted as one of the most friendliest people on this forum I'll have you know! :D

I luv you really lol! Your posts are always entertaining
  • Options
    bb2011fanbb2011fan Posts: 2,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent
    Ooh this thread is very busy already I see :D
  • Options
    dulliredullire Posts: 20,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent
    Epic thread dullag :

Michael's been my favourite character these last few years, and SJS has really bought the character to life in a way I don't think anyone else could have. I've loved to see the emotionally vulnerable, yet twisted, cunning, deluded and ultimately selfish personality of Michael Moon, and how it's evolved over the last 3 years. I've loved Michael's infamous 'faces' and his cynical, but truthful remarks about other characters. He's one of the few things of interest, and success in the Kirkwood & Newman era. And tonight I pay tribute to this amazing character. He always lit up my screen and I'll miss MM on EE.
    Thanks PP. :) I'll miss him too but I think the time is right for him to leave, 3 years is a long time for a character of his ilk and the 'bad' guys never last long. I really liked that he was bad but we know why he is the way he is and he has vulnerable moments where we see different sides to him. He's not all bad IMO.
    klendathu wrote: »
    Awesome work Dullag !

It's going to be a huge show tonight . I will miss the great Michael Moon .

Surely SJS should get some awards for an oustanding performance

20:00 hrs don't be late :
    Thanks klen. :) He really does deserve some accolades for his performance but the competition is stiff from the other soaps. I'm sure he'll receive some noms.
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Hi dj : Just popped in to say congrats on an awesome and brilliantly titled thread. Epic.

I'll be watching tonight as Michael and Janine are the only characters I really like and I'm not going to see either of them for much longer. :

And massive congrats to sez_babe on 100,000 posts - a tally I can only dream of. Well done you. :
    Hi Jade, thanks. :) Nice to see you on an EE thread. :cool: I love Janine and Michael too, they'll both be missed but with DTC's reign nigh, I'm hoping their absence doesn't leave too big a hole in the show.
    xTonix wrote: »
    Luv the thread DJ :

Michael : his last episode. Looking forward to tonight's episode. :D
    Glad you like Toni.
    Epic thread dullag : as befits the legend who is Michael Moon...

Glad they have got a top notch writer on board to do him justice.

I'm really going to miss him with his one liners and sheer oddness! He stuck out like a sore thumb in the square but it certainly got him noticed, He will be one of those characters remembered for years to come, RIP "Dark Lord"

Only one gripe - it HAD to have a bloody Branning in it didn't it :
    Thanks nicnacs. :D
    Seamus2008 wrote: »
    Can't bloody wait for tonight, it's gonna be EPIC! :

Thanks for the thread dullagj2, very intricate and perfect to celebrate the complex sociopath legend that is Michael Moon.

And happy 100,000th post Sez! Whoop-whoop! :
    Thanks Seamus.
    vald wrote: »
    Great thread dullagj :

Sez...lovely post. I can remember the days when you were an almost solitary voice in praise of Michael's character....you got it right.:

I'm going to miss him, but wish SJS all the best for the future.
    Thanks vald. :)
    SMIDSYmk2 wrote: »
    Wow this thread is amazing thanks you so much.
    I think this will be a great ep, ashdown is writing which is a plus.
    Ill miss Michael's one liners and wit he comes out with every day, ill especially miss him mocking Joey, oh and his chair sitting.
    Glad you like SMID, thanks. :)
    Oooo, excellent thread!
    Thanks Irena, welcome to the forum. :)
    lotty27 wrote: »
    [HIGHLIGHT]DULLAG YOU HAVE EXCELLED YOURSELF! :[/HIGHLIGHT]

Well done, fantastic start to the thread, I'm going to sit back and watch some of those video links you posted - great stuff. Loved the biography too :

I am REALLY looking forward to this episode - and it seems a helluva long time since I said that about EE!

Congrats to Sez Babe - a phenomenal amount of posts! :

@ Onj - won't worry, the rate you rabbit on you'll soon catch up! : Good to see you on an EE thread!
    Thanks lotty. :)
    Amazing thread dullaji and congrats sez on reaching the golden post count!
    Thanks sorcha.
    Fantastic Thread!

Can't wait for tonights episode:
    Glad you like SoapAddict.
    IanMandy wrote: »
    Thanks for the thread :
    Thanks for the thread dj :
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Wow, congrats to Sez on her 100k! Makes my near 25k seem a bit small

Thanks for the thread DJ. After last night, I'm expecting some exciting scenes tonight.
    Thanks for the thread Dullagj2!
    dan2008 wrote: »
    Thanks DJ :

You have been very busy :
    maurice45 wrote: »
    Thanks for the thread Dullagj :
    Very welcome all, my pleasure! Welcome back dan.
    Brilliant start to the final thread of the week, and the final Michael episode.

I'm very excited for this episode as the cast list seems to suggest a Michael/Janine/Alice dominant episode. :
    Thanks dancingq. Charlie said in her interview that she had a 19 minute scene to learn and it was 23 pages!
    Jayma wrote: »
    Dullag, thanks for an absolutely outstanding post - you've done us Michael fans proud in this his last episode. Your hard work is much appreciated! :
    Glad you like Jayma, thanks. x

RE last night's episode....
    http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3812/10600662313_a5f10d0c39_o.jpg

^ Is that Denny? He was on the BBC cast list but wasn't credited last night.

Just over 2 hours to go.........
  • Options
    Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excellent
    bb2011fan wrote: »
    Ooh this thread is very busy already I see :D

Yah it is nice to see an EE thread buzzing for a change :)
  • Options
    pumpkinlattes33pumpkinlattes33 Posts: 8,326
    Forum Member
    For the first time in ages I'm excited to watch EE!