DS Fantasy Eurovision 51: Neuss to see you, to see you Neuss

CuishlaCuishla Posts: 16,332
Forum Member
✭✭
Welcome to the 51st DSFE coming all the way from Neuss, Germany thanks to a stunning victory by Oonagh with Gäa. As always, this contest is open to anyone to take part.

Those who sign up are being given the chance to pick which country they represent. To do this, you will send me a sign-up PM which includes the 5 countries you would like to work with (with number 1 being your priority country). You can change your list at any stage until the deadline. Please do not send me any song choices at this stage.

*If you would prefer instead to be allocated your countries randomly, I will assign you two countries as normal; one good/one bad.

A list of countries is available on the DSFE wiki, not all of these will be used

http://dsfe.wikia.com/wiki/DS_Fantasy_Eurovision

Rules

•An entry cannot be recorded before the year 2000.
•The song must not exceed five minutes in length,
•Former Eurovision stars are allowed but it cannot be the same song that they performed in the actual contest or at a national pre-selection.
•The song cannot have appeared in the UK Top 40.
•The song must not have been used already in DSFE.
•The artist must be from your country or have ties through parents or grandparents. No other links will be accepted.

Please refer to the wiki for previous entries.

Sign up is open for everybody new or old, wishing to take part, just PM me to sign up, from now until 7pm on Saturday 5th April. Countries will then be distributed.

I think that's it, any questions either post them here or send a PM

:)

Comments

• AxGAxG Posts: 25,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's like two fingers back to Düsseldorf. :p
  • avbavb Posts: 9,612
    Forum Member
  • CuishlaCuishla Posts: 16,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AxG wrote: »
    It's like two fingers back to Düsseldorf. :p

I figured it would be easier than somewhere like Mönchengladbach for the wiki :D
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still no Hamburg :(
  • EuanDesuEuanDesu Posts: 2,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm in!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    avb wrote: »

I have shamelessly used that one instead :blush:
  • avbavb Posts: 9,612
    Forum Member
    Cuishla wrote: »
    I have shamelessly used that one instead :blush:

Pun thief! :D Pleased to see picks back, hoping everyone chooses as well as they did in Longyearbyen and the standard's really great, I still think the last contest you hosted in Helsinki was one of the best we've ever had. :)
  • TerryPTerryP Posts: 11,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unfortunately I can't take part this contest as I have no internet in the new house. But fingers crossed it will be sorted for contest 52.

Until then I would just like to say thanks to everyone who voted for Ireland in the last contest. Very happy with 8th and another medal in the QFs. Hopefully when I return I can continue my run of final appearances which quite frankly as shocked me as I was having a awful time in 2012.
  • yoshi94yoshi94 Posts: 6,194
    Forum Member
    What, still no Hamburk ist flippink out :( Anyway, I'm in (once I find out where Neuss is) :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    I'm in :) Btw what's the policy on songs produced by artists from two different countries? Or even one that is european and another that is non-european?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stu93 wrote: »
    I'm in :) Btw what's the policy on songs produced by artists from two different countries? Or even one that is european and another that is non-european?

Do you mean something like Patricia Kazadi & M. Pokora - Wanna Feel You Now (Using one of my own past entries). It would be eligible for both Poland (Patricia) and France/Monaco (M. Pokora)

As long as one of them have a link to the country, it doesn't matter where in the world the rest of them come from, Preferably as long as the individual linked is actually part of the vocals though
  • March MorningsMarch Mornings Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I reaaaally wanna take part but I'm going on holiday for a week from the 18th to the 25th of April and I don't know if I'll have internet... D:
  • Yugimuto1Yugimuto1 Posts: 5,047
    Forum Member
    Signed up :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    avb wrote: »
    Pun thief! :D Pleased to see picks back, hoping everyone chooses as well as they did in Longyearbyen and the standard's really great, I still think the last contest you hosted in Helsinki was one of the best we've ever had. :)

I'll have to get on to Bruce Forsyth to come over and co-host :D

I enjoyed hosting Helsinki, still listen to a lot of those entries.
  • poshblokeposhbloke Posts: 815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I is in.

Nice to have picks back after a couple of random contests, looking forward to this :)
    Forum Member
    Thanks for answering that question :)

One more, what do we term a "strong" country and what a "weak" because surely there are some countries sort of in the middle that could be termed either?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stu93 wrote: »
    Thanks for answering that question :)

One more, what do we term a "strong" country and what a "weak" because surely there are some countries sort of in the middle that could be termed either?

I don't have the rankings to hand at the moment. I think TerryP had them calculated on their average finishing position over the past 10 or so contests.

There is an overall ranking table on the wiki:

http://dsfe.wikia.com/wiki/Overall_Country_Leaderboard

but this doesnt always show the true story of where each country should be. Svalbard for instance would be a lot higher than 27th over the last 10 contests. Some have't participated as often as others either.
  • MissMidgardMissMidgard Posts: 5,756
    Forum Member
    Signed up - third time lucky? :D
  • yoshi94yoshi94 Posts: 6,194
    Forum Member
    Eleventh time lucky? :p. Is this designed to be the last DSFE before proper Eurovision?
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Signed up for the first time :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Alexos
    AxG
    bee.fear
    brb
    Cuishla
    EuanDesu
    jackel1234
    Jem Casper
    JonahTakalua
    MissMidgard
    Nick1990
    penguinperson
    phill363
    Pooley
    poshbloke
    stanld03
    yoshi94
    yugimuto1

If you've signed up and are not on this list, let me know
    Forum Member
    Cuishla wrote: »
    I don't have the rankings to hand at the moment. I think TerryP had them calculated on their average finishing position over the past 10 or so contests.

There is an overall ranking table on the wiki:

http://dsfe.wikia.com/wiki/Overall_Country_Leaderboard

but this doesnt always show the true story of where each country should be. Svalbard for instance would be a lot higher than 27th over the last 10 contests. Some have't participated as often as others either.

Yeah I noticed that! Everyone complaining about Turkey yet its 21st in the overall ranking!
  • Yugimuto1Yugimuto1 Posts: 5,047
    Forum Member
    Ooh around 20 signups already.
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This contest hasn't even started, BUT what it has taught me is how indecisive I am :blush:

Really looking forward to this :)
  • bee.fearbee.fear Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    Also signed up for the first time. This is going to be fun. Gonna take my mind off of the dissertation!