best top coat for nail polish. gel/no chip

iiHEARTy0uiiHEARTy0u Posts: 13,737
Forum Member
✭✭
Can anyone recommend one?

I only have boots, superdrug and semi chem in my small town so anything from there would be handy

Do want to order the dior one but if anyone has had a good experience with a local store one that would be great :)

Want a no chip gel finish effect

Thank you!

Comments

• ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My favourite topcoat is Seche Vite, which is stocked in some Boots. I get through bottles and bottles of the stuff! It's not really a gel effect though, it's just good.

I have the Dior gel topcoat, and it is very nice. I also have the Nails Inc gel effect and that's very similar and a fair bit cheaper. I wouldn't really say that either gives a gel effect though to be honest, they're just shiny. Because they're gel effect they are thick, and both get quite stringy.
  • Poppy99Poppy99 Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    Seche Vite. Worth investing in the thinner too as SV thickens up before you can use up the bottle. Doesn't happen if you buy the special thinner and add a few drops every now again, keeps it fluid. The thinner can also be used to thin other polishes.
  • sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,855
    Forum Member
    Poppy99 wrote: »
    Seche Vite. Worth investing in the thinner too as SV thickens up before you can use up the bottle. Doesn't happen if you buy the special thinner and add a few drops every now again, keeps it fluid. The thinner can also be used to thin other polishes.

I agree. Seche vite is by far the best I've ever used. and the thinner is worth buying as it does thicken up.
  • tigerowltigerowl Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nails Inc Kensington Caviar. Not a gel effect, but very shiny and excellent durability.
  • Gadget_GirlGadget_Girl Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    I use boots no7 top coat. It's not a gel but it does prevent Chipping, I find it drys quickly and sets to form a really good protective layer. I can also recommend there base coat too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭