Options

You`ve been framed...... or You`ve been conned ?

Mr StokesMr Stokes Posts: 197
Forum Member
Load of old tosh but my kids are glued to it during Saturday mealtime. How many times have you raised an eyebrow over an "accident" when somebody just happened to be filming with a camcorder ?

If great aunt ethel falls on the broad of her back then I am inclined to believe its authentic as a person of that age could genuinely be hurt , similarly if someone walks past a horse with tail up and hugely breaking wind then that is being in the right place at the right time and the person with the camcorder should enjoy their £250.

What gets my goat is the silly old fool on the dance floor who`s trousers fall down......hmmmmmmm >:(, the girl grabbing the rope to swing across the water and what a surprise.....SPLASH !!...hmmmmm >:(

Anybody ever find them selves thinking "rigged", "set up" , "deliberate", "planned" a hell of a lot more than laughing at the genuine item ? The show has had its day and is now relying on clips sent in from those staging incidents for a quick 250 quid >:(

Comments

• Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Most of them seem to be American these days anyway, only a handful seem to be genuine clips from the UK that they have paid money for.
  • Options
    Johnny_CashJohnny_Cash Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    there is a pool of clips in effect, watch similar shows broadcast in the states and you will see uk clips on them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wonder if those shows shown in other countries are full of clips like "hey pete watch you don't fall over that log into the water......oh no he has fallen in " >:(
  • Options
    xNATILLYxxNATILLYx Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    we sent a brilliant video of my cat and nope wasn't good enough.
    They seem to just recycle old videos and as you can see on the show how many videos aren't old grainy 1990's home videos.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see they stopped showing the waterhose in the eyes kids.
  • Options
    beemohbeemoh Posts: 7,073
    Forum Member
    there is a pool of clips in effect, watch similar shows broadcast in the states and you will see uk clips on them.

If you look in the credits, there's actually a big list of foreign broadcasters they share clips with.
  • Options
    maycontainnutsmaycontainnuts Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    see that they even pixilate the date on them now.. some of them must date from the very first home video cameras (before camcorders)
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I think a lot of them are staged or very old. It's got me wondering is there really a place for such shows to be broadcast on TV these days, what with Youtube and all?
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's weird how some of them involve someone demolishing part of a house, cutting down a tree or doing some kind of DIY all of which, inevitably, end up going wrong.

Why would you want to film somebody cutting down a tree or doing boring DIY? These sort of clips make me think that they are staged as, ordinarily, it would not be something that you would film.

The only clips I believe are the ones involving animals, children or at an event that you would normally film like a wedding etc.
  • Options
    duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So many are staged I dont bother any more
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think broadcasting you've been framed is like showing game for a laugh, both are outdated tosh and have no place on a telly set in 2014
  • Options
    chuck_wipplchuck_wippl Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member
    Not only do most of the clips seem to be from America now, but they're also always decades old, hence the date always being blurred out. Am I really to believe that the new clips people send it have been filmed on mobiles or camcorders from the 80s and 90s?!
  • Options
    NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only thing that makes this watchable these days is Harry Hill’s commentary, I know it won’t be to everyone’s tastes but for me he has at least breathed some life into the programme.

It’s probably harder to get people to submit clips these days, most people probably just upload anything funny on to various internet sites. And the volume of ‘funny’ clips available on line these days almost makes the programme redundant. Although its now come full circle with programmes like Rude Tube which are made up of funny internet clips.

What I find interesting is that the £250 you get for them using your clip hasn’t increased in over a decade. You can’t say that about many things these days.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The most stupidest thing is the fat old woman who trips yet decides to run for 5 seconds then fall over. WHY RUN?
  • Options
    scotchscotch Posts: 10,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do like the ones where someone is attached to a parachute and a speed boat is going to pull them along so they'll fly high in the sky - but instead end up falling flat on their face and dragged along the beach :D
  • Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A lot of clips on YBF are deliberate set-ups and not genuine accidents?!?! Say it ain't so!!!!:cry::cry::cry:

What next? Someone pointing out that the celebrities on Blankety Blank sometimes wrote down more than one answer on their cards?!?!?!?! :o:o:o
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of clips on YBF are deliberate set-ups and not genuine accidents?!?! Say it ain't so!!!!:cry::cry::cry:

What next? Someone pointing out that the celebrities on Blankety Blank sometimes wrote down more than one answer on their cards?!?!?!?! :o:o:o

I used to think that when Terry or Les went to the top row and asked for their answers the people on the bottom row were frantically changing their answers to suit.

That's the 80s for you. If they had the technology then that they have now on The Guess List then they would have been forced to write their answers on a screen which meant their answers were locked in.
  • Options
    conceptasconceptas Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think a lot of them are staged or very old. It's got me wondering is there really a place for such shows to be broadcast on TV these days, what with Youtube and all?

It's funny I can watch this type of stuff on You Tube, especially the Russian road accident fails yet can't sit down and watch YBF
  • Options
    albion-mad-nickalbion-mad-nick Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has to be the most dated show on TV. There's only so many times I can find someone falling off a chair funny.
  • Options
    feckitfeckit Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You must have seen this then.:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNq7IZ-sTgI
  • Options
    David MillsDavid Mills Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't rate the show, there are far more funnier videos on youtube now.

But one issue that I find pathetic is they advertise to send in your videos for the money yet they show clips that are decades old.

Most people have HD recording on their phones now, so any clips would be in high quality yet all they show is grainy, fuzzy stuff from video recorders. It's a massive lie.

By all means make the show and I wont watch as its so phoney but don't lie that you're planning to use new videos being sent it.
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    I see they stopped showing the waterhose in the eyes kids.

:( I love those ones :D
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    NoEntry2k wrote: »
    The only thing that makes this watchable these days is Harry Hill’s commentary, I know it won’t be to everyone’s tastes but for me he has at least breathed some life into the programme.

It’s probably harder to get people to submit clips these days, most people probably just upload anything funny on to various internet sites. And the volume of ‘funny’ clips available on line these days almost makes the programme redundant. Although its now come full circle with programmes like Rude Tube which are made up of funny internet clips.

What I find interesting is that the £250 you get for them using your clip hasn’t increased in over a decade. You can’t say that about many things these days.

I find that funny to.

Also when he likens the GBP to a celeb and they do look like them or is being sarcastic :o:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    :( I love those ones :D

But that is dangerous though.

It cant be good for their eyes getting a child to look in the hose and then turning the tap on.