Delighted that Kate Ramsay got Neighbours version of Julia's theme

starry_runestarry_rune Posts: 9,006
Forum Member
Last used for Jim, Todd and Madge. Probably Helen. The piano version of the original tune! Glad they still have access to some of the old incidental music.

Comments

• lollipop1995lollipop1995 Posts: 2,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't watch Neighbours(briefly saw some scenes that involved Kate a year or so back) but I didn't think Kate was THAT big to get such music. If it's only been used for 3 people,then obviously only used for important characters? Was Kate very popular/character that made a lot of impact then?
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They should of done it at the end credits though. With still pictures of Kate from over the years.
  • starry_runestarry_rune Posts: 9,006
    Forum Member
    danyell wrote: »
    They should of done it at the end credits though. With still pictures of Kate from over the years.

They cant do that anymore. Because of shrinking and talking through. Credits
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They cant do that anymore. Because of shrinking and talking through. Credits

What do you mean?
  • The RhydlerThe Rhydler Posts: 4,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's hardly a character worthy of such treatment.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They showed still pictures and photos of Kate immediately after she was shot - at the end of Monday's "first" episode - the traditional Monday episode.

It was good to hear the Neighbours tune at the funeral, yes - a nice touch, I thought.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She has been in it a long time now though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 342
    Forum Member
    I think it may have been because Kate is a Ramsay, and the importance that the Ramsays have in the programme.

The last time that theme was used was when Madge died, who coincidentally was also a Ramsay.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member

I agree.:D
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't stand her as a character but this storyline has just confirmed how much I bloody love Neighbours!

Susan, Paul, Kyle, Georgia and Karl's reactions broke my heart. Such a great character show, even when the character who has died is one you dislike, it's upsetting to see the ones you do like in the aftermath.

She probably does deserve the theme tune, she was annoying but she was a classic Neighbours character. Full of RSR self righteousness with a hypocritical edge, like Libby Kennedy almost, plus she was a Ramsay. RS royalty.

Neighbours always do funerals so well, Drew, Madge and stingrays were as heartbreaking as Kate's.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    I read elsewhere that in her 5 year stint, her number of appearances in the show has put her in 17th position for number of appearances in the show! :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brob1 wrote: »
    I read elsewhere that in her 5 year stint, her number of appearances in the show has put her in 17th position for number of appearances in the show! :o

Almost up there with the he who should be mentioned, much worse and much maligned IMO (and sorely missed!!?) Mason Turner lol - terrible that such dross should dominate the show, for relatively so long.
  • Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member

She was a Ramsay.
  • DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,738
    Forum Member
    Almost up there with the he who should be mentioned, much worse and much maligned IMO (and sorely missed!!?) Mason Turner lol - terrible that such dross should dominate the show, for relatively so long.
    As terrible as that is, I guess that's the downside to relaxing the episode quotas in recent years. Current characters will have a high chance of generating mass appearances in a short space of time.
    Scorpio2 wrote: »
    She was a Ramsay.
    A retconed Ramsay.

Kate's existence came at the price of Helen's good character.
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had a love hate relationship with Kate over the years but my god that ending for her was so sad
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deschanel wrote: »

A retconed Ramsay.

Kate's existence came at the price of Helen's good character.

Absolutely.

Though, Helen's sanctity remained intact didn't it? More Jim's late wife Anne who was always painted as an angel, having it away with repressed Max Ramsay? LOL! It's almost hilarious, you only have to see Max back in 85 to see that this is an impossibility.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has been in it a long time now though.

I guess Todd did get one after 5 years onscreen. And he wasn't a blood Robinson...
  • DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,738
    Forum Member
    Though, Helen's sanctity remained intact didn't it? More Jim's late wife Anne who was always painted as an angel, having it away with repressed Max Ramsay? LOL! It's almost hilarious, you only have to see Max back in 85 to see that this is an impossibility.
    BIB: Not really. We're meant to believe that Helen learned of the affair and love child, and cut said child out of her will, wanting nothing to do with her. This is Helen we're talking about - the woman who would never have turned her back on a child, let alone a relative, no matter of the circumstances of conception. Can you imagine Helen having a secret safety deposit box with an alternative will and deciding to keep this all secret in such an underhand manner?