Options

VM is evil, taking away channels from the mid package punter!

Where is Watch TV then? it's on Freeview, along with Sky news and Sky three, what is the point of VM if it charges for less?
That's me renewing my sky subscription, saying goodbye to the VM manipulative games!
Their evil plot against the poor!
:mad:

Comments

• Options
    OLD BOYOLD BOY Posts: 2,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Watch is on Freeview, is it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Complete irrelevant thread by someone who does not what he/she is talking about and given they list freesat and then talk about sky probably not even a VM subscriber

So just for him/her the facts

Prior to today

UKTV Gold wass not on the M but L and XL and not on Freeview but Top-up TV

As of today

UKTV Gold became G.O.L.D and Watch and both channels remain on L and XL ( not M) and are not on freeview (presumably on top-up TV)

So before one gets on ones high horse and screams persecution check the facts::rolleyes:
  • Options
    HorizonHorizon Posts: 1,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where is Watch TV then?
    :mad:
    I asked on the VM newsgroups about Watch as it was missing from my tv service. I'm on the large pack. VM replied and said that Watch is on the large pack and I should reset my box to get the channel and if that doesn't work to contact them again. Of course, before asking them I'd already reset my box...Really can't be bothered to ask a second time for this channel.

Why can't these people ever get anything right? It's not as if they're in the business of supplying a tv service, is it?...
  • Options
    OLD BOYOLD BOY Posts: 2,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Horizon wrote: »
    I asked on the VM newsgroups about Watch as it was missing from my tv service. I'm on the large pack. VM replied and said that Watch is on the large pack and I should reset my box to get the channel and if that doesn't work to contact them again. Of course, before asking them I'd already reset my box...Really can't be bothered to ask a second time for this channel.

Why can't these people ever get anything right? It's not as if they're in the business of supplying a tv service, is it?...
    Sorry if I'm asking you an obvious question, Horizon, but have you taken the plug out for a while and then re-booted it? Not sure if you've got the V+ box with a reset button.

I am sure you have tried it, but just in case...
  • Options
    brendagoatsbrendagoats Posts: 495
    Forum Member
    http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/sorter/channels_full.html it says here (which is odd) that watch tv +1 is in the L Pack
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OLD BOY wrote: »
    Sorry if I'm asking you an obvious question, Horizon, but have you taken the plug out for a while and then re-booted it? Not sure if you've got the V+ box with a reset button.

I am sure you have tried it, but just in case...
    Yes, did all that. It's a problem at VM's end.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    are there agents sorting this out?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/sorter/channels_full.html it says here (which is odd) that watch tv +1 is in the L Pack

apologies for earlier

I had notice that and presumed that it was an error given that other L say its on their service

Also I can see any fault reporting about

I have two boxs and the second one has not been rebooted and has watch and watch+1 (XL Package). Other was rebooted earlier today for another issue
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I accept that you are sorry, I no longer think that you resemble gerbil bottoms or sloth farts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    are there agents sorting this out?
    You can report it, if you wish. I asked about it one time, I'm not asking a second.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ask ask ask, you must ask, for the sake of the poor!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...how old are you? Your posts are very odd.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Old enough to watch TV, Poor enough to be fearful of people in authority.
    You are the champion, do it! I demand you call them, and get this sorted once and for all.
    I would, but am too scared of those people at the end of the line.:yawn:
  • Options
    Feed The ReaperFeed The Reaper Posts: 7,135
    Forum Member
    Starsailor was confused by your title...... it states Mid package and i believe he probably thought you meant Medium package meaning TV M and not L.

I misread things all the time ;)

What channel is Watch on as I havent checked yet?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Starsailor was confused by your title...... it states Mid package and i believe he probably thought you meant Medium package meaning TV M and not L.

I misread things all the time ;)

What channel is Watch on as I havent checked yet?

that was the mistake I made and also had a bad day:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just rung one of their customer service androids who said watch is part of the L pack, but I've not got the station.
    More lies!
  • Options
    BenMcr77BenMcr77 Posts: 6,573
    Forum Member
    Watch can be found on channel 124 in XL TV
    Watch +1 is on channel 125 in XL TV

G.O.L.D is on channel 126 in L TV
    G.O.L.D +1 on channel 127 in L TV

Alibi is on channel 130 in L TV
    Alibi +1 on channel 131 in XL TV

Dave now on channel 128 in M TV
    Dave +1 now on channel 129 in M TV

Watch and Alibi are only avalaible on Sky and Virgin, G.O.L.D is on Sky, Virgin and Top Up TV. Dave is the only channel that is avaliable on Freeview out of the four
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just rung one of their customer service androids who said watch is part of the L pack, but I've not got the station.
    More lies!

You should have been asked to be transferred to faults then. Does anyone else on here have the L package and can see Watch

I, as previously said, have the XL package so cna't really comment but given that was a replacement of UKTV Gold I can't see why it won't be shown

still nothing on service status page and can't get newsgroup from here
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've also had it confirmed today that Watch and Watch+1 are only available on the XL pack. So those of us on the L pack have lost two channels (UK History and Docs +1) without gaining any new ones.:mad:

Do VM actually want any tv customers? They have a strange way of going about things.

Not a satisfactory situation at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've also had it confirmed today that Watch and Watch+1 are only available on the XL pack. So those of us on the L pack have lost two channels (UK History and Docs +1) without gaining any new ones.:mad:

Do VM actually want any tv customers? They have a strange way of going about things.

If that is correct I fully support the views of those on here who think that VM in this instance are shifty little b****rds

Nothing like transparency!
  • Options
    Captain WCaptain W Posts: 4,026
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From the way most have posted, I take it VM didn't write to anyone confirming the change? You all need to create enough noise about it - Sky tried it with TCM and TCM2 by moving genres and because enough people complained they moved it back I believe/provided it to people who wanted it without them having subscribe to the new mix (which would have cost an extra £1) otherwise; it wasn't the cost aspect for the vast majority, really the point of it was because Sky decided to change the mix that channel was available in with no apparent reasoning apart from a cynical perception of a way to get an extra £1 from it's subscriber base :cool:
  • Options
    Maid MarianMaid Marian Posts: 113
    Forum Member
    I'm annoyed that I can't get Watch or UK History on the L package as well :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,503
    Forum Member

I am pretty stunned they have done this. I think the people who do their web site have also been taken by surprise. And their technical support which have claimed its a fault!

Watch is within the same mix on Sky as UKTV Gold was.
  • Options
    BenMcr77BenMcr77 Posts: 6,573
    Forum Member
    Is this a 'lets make things up' thread?
    I'm annoyed that I can't get Watch or UK History on the L package as well
    UKTV History is in TV L
    goomba wrote: »
    Watch is within the same mix on Sky as UKTV Gold was.
    Watch doesn't replace UK Gold. G.O.L.D replaces UK Gold and is in TV L (as UK Gold was)

Watch is a new channel

Alibi is a rebrand of UKTV Drama
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    phone upi and speak to cancellations (if you have been with them for more than 12 months) and say you dont feel your getting value for money, and you want to leave, they will most probably give you a free upgrade to the XL TV package/.//.....Problem solved