[Game] The X Factor: Mix It Up! (series 2) launch thread

EndOfSanityEndOfSanity Posts: 15,072
Forum Member
✭✭
INTRODUCTION

Welcome back everyone! It's been about 8 or 9 months since I said that it would be nigh impossible to do a second series of this after an amazing final. However, I failed to take into account the yearly influx of contestants. Because of that, I've managed to scrape together enough suitable contestants for a second series of Mix It Up! :D

WHAT IS IT?

Alright, let's get down to business. First of all, if you haven't seen the first series, you might be wondering what in the world I am talking about. The aim of this forum game is to pay homage to various X Factor acts unfortunate enough to have never made it to the live shows. That's right, you won't see any live show acts that you've seen a million times already in these games. Speaking about other games, this one works just like any other X Factor game apart from the fact that we won't be using live show acts at all. Four forum members will serve as mentors and judges for the duration of the series, being put through everything the judges on TV have to go through minus the actual personal contact... :p

THE FORMAT

As I've mentioned, this game has the added bonus of getting as close to the real thing as possible. We won't start from the live shows where many of these games start, but at the very beginning: the auditions. I have found the audition tapes of 40 acts that never made it past judges' houses in real life on YouTube, and these will be shown to the judges. They will respond with either a yes or a no, and only acts with three yeses will be allowed into the next round. Speaking of which, that's bootcamp as you all know. For the purpose of the game, bootcamp and judges' houses will be merged into one, with the sole purpose of whittling the acts down to a suitable number for the final part of the series: the live shows, where the DS public will have a hand in deciding the winner. As for the time investment, it's not going to be as big as you'd expect. This will be quite a quick series, with the holiday season coming up fast. My aim is to cap it at around 10 or 11 shows. which (with a proper schedule) amounts to about 5 or 6 weeks of shows.

WHERE CAN I SIGN UP?

So I'm looking for two enthusiastic forum members to sit alongside the two returning judges from series one on the judging panel. As always with my games, I don't use the first-come first-served principle. Instead, please fill in this little application form:
FORUM NAME:
WHAT CAN I ADD TO THE SHOW?:
MOTIVATION:
PAST EXPERIENCE:

If you like the more obscure acts The X Factor has to offer and think you've got what it takes to virtually mentor some amazing X Factor acts, apply today by sending your application to ME by PM. The application process will remain open either until I have a ton of applications or until Saturday June 1st. Good luck everyone!

Comments

• EndOfSanityEndOfSanity Posts: 15,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only ONE application so far, has everyone suddenly quit these games or what? :p

Just kidding, I'm sure more will follow over the course of this week. Also, applicants (and non-applicants as well!) can help me keep the thread high by posting things so that other people can see the thread as well!
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I'm going to be sitting this one out cause I've got no chance against the other two returning judges. But I will definitely be watching this Series from the auditions to the grand final as always. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soppyfan wrote: »
    Well, I'm going to be sitting this one out cause I've got no chance against the other two returning judges. But I will definitely be watching this Series from the auditions to the grand final as always. :)

Aww, don't say that. Did you think I believed I had a chance against Jack in The Voice Factor at the start? Besides, I believe you've done quite well in a few rounds of the NEXFG, in which you beat a whole lot of forum members who have traditionally done really well. In other words, you never know what's going to happen in these games! ;)
  • jackel1234jackel1234 Posts: 5,218
    Forum Member
    Aww, don't say that. Did you think I believed I had a chance against Jack in The Voice Factor at the start? Besides, I believe you've done quite well in a few rounds of the NEXFG, in which you beat a whole lot of forum members who have traditionally done really well. In other words, you never know what's going to happen in these games! ;)

agrees completely with what EoS has just said
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Would love to be a part of this!! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, I'm going to be sitting this one out cause I've got no chance against the other two returning judges.

Besides, you might as well resign from The Mix Factor's panel as well with that reasoning. :rolleyes:

Just kidding, you're an amazing judge Soppyfan!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha! Well I do enjoy The Mix Factor more. :D

Oh and Pingu, if you join the panel, I wish you the best of luck. ;)
  • jackel1234jackel1234 Posts: 5,218
    Forum Member
    Haha! Well I do enjoy The Mix Factor more. :D

Join us soppyfan... you know you want to ;)
    Forum Member
    jackel1234 wrote: »
    Join us soppyfan... you know you want to ;)

Jack you are actually what has mad made improve. You are my hero!!! :D
    Forum Member

Thanks, but I probably won`t be picked!!! :cry::p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pingu58011 wrote: »
    Thanks, but I probably won`t be picked!!! :cry::p

Seeing as I have two spots to fill and only two applications so far, you have a 100% chance at this point. :rolleyes:

However, I have to consider everyone who sends me an application between now and Saturday June 1st as well, so your chances will (along with everyone else's) diminish with every application I get. You should keep in mind that I tend to lean towards diverse panels though. That's what makes certain games so nice to follow as a viewer for me, different mentoring approaches by its judges. :)

The Mix Factor series 3 (and to a lesser extent its previous series) was one of the best games in a long time here on this forum (and no, I'm not just saying that because I created it), mainly because of the difference in the way Jack, Kevin and Stephen handled their acts (and Soppyfan before his early exit in 8th place as well).
    Forum Member
    When will the game finish as I go on holiday in August for 2 weeks? :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When will the game finish as I go on holiday in August for 2 weeks? :)

If all goes according to plan I hope to have the first audition show on Monday June 3rd. From there on, a Sunday/Monday-Thursday schedule could mean the game finishing as early as mid-July. :)
    Forum Member
    I can`t do Thursdays if I am a judge but I could always send songs!!! :)
  • Kuda_KunakaKuda_Kunaka Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can`t do Thursdays if I am a judge but I could always send songs!!! :)

Get in there Pingu! :D

Same and I'll be watching too. Got exams early June anyway so couldn't have done it
  • jag02010jag02010 Posts: 7,347
    Forum Member
    I've kinda been itching to get back into mentoring, so I'd love to try this out. Watch out if I get in... ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A bit more applications already, perhaps thanks to the truckload of PMs (let's pretend that's actually possible for a minute) I sent out earlier advertising the show.

I have one thing to say with regards to this series:

THIS
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love that gif! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All right, we're up to quite a healthy number of applications now. I could pick a decent panel from this bunch, but as I've set the deadline for Saturday it's only fair to wait. Besides, I've only got one standout application so far. This person will likely make it onto the panel, but that means there's still a place up for grabs. In other words, keep those applications coming everyone, the more the merrier! :D
    Forum Member
    Glad you are getting a lot of applications EndOfSanity. Every game of yours has been great!!! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad you are getting a lot of applications EndOfSanity. Every game of yours has been great!!! :D

That's such a sweet thing to say! Wait a minute, you're not talking all nice to try to convince me to pick you now are you? :p

Besides, it might be a lie that every game of mine has been great. I mean, The Twist Factor was great, but quite the trainwreck at the same time (although it was salvaged in the end). The panel was a revolving door and the organization on my part was absolutely atrocious. That's a mistake I plan not to repeat this game, things have to go as smoothly as possible this time around.
    Forum Member
    That's such a sweet thing to say! Wait a minute, you're not talking all nice to try to convince me to pick you now are you? :p

Why would you think that? :p But no seriously you are an amazing host!!! :D
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Twist Factor came good in the end with a flawless winner
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With me coming second...again. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With me coming second...again. :p

I'm sure your time will come Soppyfan, it's actually a miracle you haven't won once in all those games you played. For example, I have only done 3 games so far, and won my second one...

You're an awesome host though, even though your puns are usually terrible. :p