Options

Chelsea Supporters Thread (Part 5)

Comments

• Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The_don1 wrote: »
    Its just the "modern fan". Someone who sits and watches the game as if its some reality show and demands to be entertained.

Its not just the game they tune in for its the rubbish that goes along with it. The pointless chatter before and after, The lets give everyone a slap on the back for taking part etc etc etc.

If Chelsea don't win it I don't care who wins it as long as its not Spur's Arsenal or Liverpool. Chelsea first second and third for me.

All this "feel for the game" nonsense has just become a excuse to sit in front of the tv all day to watch the constant coverage Sky and BT force down fans necks

I think you're being a bit harsh there Don. You can't tell me that you're totally unmoved by the prospect of Leicester winning the title after looking like relegation fodder for most of last season. I'm sure you've got a bit of romance in your soul. :)
    I did have a smile watching Alan Shearer comparing it to Blackburn winning the title. It's nothing like the same, Balckburn were among the big spenders at the time. The only similarity is that Blackburn were regarded as a "smallish" club, though historically they had quite a history like many from those northern industrial towns.
  • Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    People expecting to be entertained by sports? Entitled bastards!

Anyway, the 'new Balotelli' starts on the bench again today. Better hope Willian isn't in one of his 'slowing down play is better than doing something' moods.
  • Options
    SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is a disappointing line up for today's game again. Obviously if we win then it won't matter, but it's clearly setting up for the draw again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i don't know what we set up for anymore.

United's line-up looks pretty terrible and I still can't see us playing well against them.....
  • Options
    JokanovicJokanovic Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dull line up. Would of liked to see Mario playing and not on the bench.
  • Options
    codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    i don't know what we set up for anymore.

United's line-up looks pretty terrible and I still can't see us playing well against them.....

and there bench is even worse!

£250 million for that team!
  • Options
    roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shambles so far.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Started badly, but we've looked the better team for the last 20 minutes. Could go either way, but it must be worth bringing Hazard on for 30/35 minutes ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    At least we didn't wait until the 75th minute this time.

Too bad Oscar isn't interested in going to China.

edit: And now Zouma is injured :(
  • Options
    JokanovicJokanovic Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor for the first 70 mins and then we starting playing. A point further to safety.
  • Options
    Tip top 2Tip top 2 Posts: 784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Man Utd looked like the home side at the start of both halves, but we came back into it, and could have won it but for some very good saves by De Gea. Thought Hazard was disappointing when he came on. He's still not 100%, and looks more like 80%. Willian did some good work, but many of those crosses, free kicks and corners were wasted.

Fabregas was easily outshone by Mata, who was outstanding, and the fans rightly clapped him off.

Terry was fantastic, especially at the end getting up alongside Costa, and the board need to give him another year there.

Overall, not fantastic going forward, but better than last year. We're getting there slowly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jokanovic wrote: »
    Poor for the first 70 mins and then we starting playing. A point further to safety.

I thought both halves were similar. They started better than us, then we came back into the game. Diego Costa was outstanding in my opinion, he just never stopped running.
    Great to see the reception Mata received from our fans, how many fans of other clubs treat ex-players like that ?
    Probably a fair result on the run of play.
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My best wishes go out to Zouma, I hope that he is not out for too long, as it is never good to see someone injure themselves like that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Louis van Gaal for real ? He's totally deluded, nothing about David de Gea keeping them in the game with some fantastic saves. They should have "rewarded themselves" ? Great advice Louis, that's the sort of analysis I want to hear from a world class manager.
  • Options
    The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    People expecting to be entertained by sports? Entitled bastards!

Anyway, the 'new Balotelli' starts on the bench again today. Better hope Willian isn't in one of his 'slowing down play is better than doing something' moods.

Its not the expectation of entertainment that't the problem but the form it takes.

Football has always been a social sport. Its meant to be enjoyed not sitting on your own watching it on tv or a dodgy internet stream or on a tablet or phone.

The premiership has become as strong as it is not due to the quality of football on show but the "competitive" league, Even with the traditional top 4 the league was very competitive.

The entertainment in this league comes from a different place, For example its come from The Gerrard slip, The Drogba vs Arsenal battles, Its the "fergie time" wins etc.
  • Options
    zielerzieler Posts: 8,038
    Forum Member
    Is Louis van Gaal for real ? He's totally deluded, nothing about David de Gea keeping them in the game with some fantastic saves. They should have "rewarded themselves" ? Great advice Louis, that's the sort of analysis I want to hear from a world class manager.

Think you're being harsh there. He generally goes out of his way to avoid praising individual performances no matter what, he always prefers to talk about the team. Don't think that makes him deluded. And whatever you think of the game and who were the better side, drawing after being ahead after 90 minutes is a poor result, so of course he's going to talk about missed opportunities and say the players should have done better.
  • Options
    The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The result was not really a great shock, Two teams not playing well and very little possibility of massive improvements until the end of the season.

Hazzard is still far from being fit and not for a second suggesting we are dealing with another Sturridge but I don't think even coming on a sub he is going to make a real difference until he is 100%. He is getting there but he has an awful lot of work yet

Still too many players making poor decisions and very simple ones at that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zieler wrote: »
    Think you're being harsh there. He generally goes out of his way to avoid praising individual performances no matter what, he always prefers to talk about the team. Don't think that makes him deluded. And whatever you think of the game and who were the better side, drawing after being ahead after 90 minutes is a poor result, so of course he's going to talk about missed opportunities and say the players should have done better.

Maybe, but I think he was rather curmudgeonly in the way he talked about a performance that was actually one of United's best of the season. I thought it was a decent enough game and a fair result in the end.
    Perhaps deluded was the wrong word, but I've seen him more up-beat and positive after some dreadful performances. But I suppose that's his way of doing things.
  • Options
    zielerzieler Posts: 8,038
    Forum Member
    Maybe, but I think he was rather curmudgeonly in the way he talked about a performance that was actually one of United's best of the season. I thought it was a decent enough game and a fair result in the end.
    Perhaps deluded was the wrong word, but I've seen him more up-beat and positive after some dreadful performances. But I suppose that's his way of doing things.

Think that's definitely true, he has been much more positive about worse team performances in the past. But those where when we still had time to recover in the league or when the game didn't really matter like this fixture last season, in recent weeks he's focused a lot more on missed chances/opportunities as the pressure increases.

Basically, right now we are running out of time to make the top four and just having a good/improved performance won't cut it, especially when you let a lead slip in injury time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    Does this game show you lot what was confirmed before. That Fabregas should not play at AM and is best from a deeper position for reasons that were already stated or you want to see Chelsea dominated for large periods and lack consistent chance creation for almost an hour before that happens again like what happened at Watford and United.
    Dixon wrote: »
    The problem is, with the possible exception of Azpilicueta, none of them would get into Man City's first choice 11.

This is just a ridiculous statement to make.

Also the Cech vs Courtois comparisons are ridiculous, yeah because Courtois has been injured severely playing in a worse defence and midfield setup than what Cech had. I think it's easier to play as a goalkeeper when Makalele, Carvalho and Terry are directly in front of you but maybe that's just me. You know individual errors happen because the keeper are in a position where they are have more possibility to make errors. If you make an error every 10 clear cut shots faced at you and you face 1 clear cut shot a game, you won't make as many errors compared to a team that gets 20 clear cut shots at them a game.

Absolute AIDS posted here.

Courtois played in a CL final at the age of 22 and won la liga as the best keeper and people are questioning his credentials. Look at De Gea when he first came to the league. This is Courtois' second season. De Gea has been here for almost 4 seasons now e.g.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jamtheman wrote: »
    Does this game show you lot what was confirmed before. That Fabregas should not play at AM and is best from a deeper position for reasons that were already stated or you want to see Chelsea dominated for large periods and lack consistent chance creation for almost an hour before that happens again like what happened at Watford and United.

Agreed. Playing him further forward worked against Arsenal, but that's about it.
    I'd also say today showed, once again, that Matic and Mikel shouldn't be paired together, but I still expect to see it again and again until Guus leaves.
  • Options
    denddend Posts: 2,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also hope Zouma is OK, would be a real shame for him to get a serious injury at this stage in the career, he was pretty much first choice CB.

Players can and do bounce back from serious injuries however, lets hope it isn't as serious as it looked.

As for the game, it was pretty dull, shouldn't have expected anything else. Anyone else thinking we should just try to blood young players as much as possible this season? we have nothing to lose anymore, we aren't getting into the champions league and we aren't getting relegated, we may as well give some of the youngsters a game, they certainly look hungrier than the likes of Fabregas/Hazard etc.
  • Options
    carefree_bluecarefree_blue Posts: 9,050
    Forum Member
    dend wrote: »
    Anyone else thinking we should just try to blood young players as much as possible this season? we have nothing to lose anymore, we aren't getting into the champions league and we aren't getting relegated, we may as well give some of the youngsters a game, they certainly look hungrier than the likes of Fabregas/Hazard etc.

Yep I said that a while back. If there's anything to be salvaged from this trainwreck of a season it's giving the young players more experience, which can hopefully be of benefit to us for future seasons. We might not be in a position again where it's as easy to blood them, where there's so little riding on each league game. It's about time RLC, Kenedy and Traore started a few PL games, even if not all at the same time, They're not even picking up minutes as subs nevermind anything else. Hiddink has been even more reluctant to play them than Mourinho was before him, which shouldn't be the case when he's only filling in till the end of the season anyway. United don't seem to have a problem giving their young players games and they're actually in a position where they can still realistically reach their objectives for the season, unlike us.
  • Options
    codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We should eb able to use our dire situation to blood young players in the PL, however if we started loosing because of this - the Press/ fans would be out for more blood.

There is a reason that Gus has not lost a game, that was his #1 priority, to stop us being a laughing stock / relegation contender.
  • Options
    carefree_bluecarefree_blue Posts: 9,050
    Forum Member
    codeblue wrote: »
    We should eb able to use our dire situation to blood young players in the PL, however if we started loosing because of this - the Press/ fans would be out for more blood.

There is a reason that Gus has not lost a game, that was his #1 priority, to stop us being a laughing stock / relegation contender.

There's a reason he doesn't win many games too, he's far too conservative.

As for what the Press think, who cares?