Options

The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 33)

Comments

• Options
    GreekFanGreekFan Posts: 6,203
    Forum Member
    OMG!did anyone know that Kanye West mentions Leona Lewis in one of his songs???eeh??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGW72FeetvA

skip to 2:06

''im the king of Leona Lewis''!
  • Options
    joaniponijoaniponi Posts: 4,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has Leona just been on BBC radio? Loads of tweeting about A Moment Like this....
  • Options
    SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GreekFan wrote: »
    OMG!did anyone know that Kanye West mentions Leona Lewis in one of his songs???eeh??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGW72FeetvA

skip to 2:06

''im the king of Leona Lewis''!

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL I didn't know that! :p And her Kanye tweet is so funny :')
  • Options
    LeonagwenLeonagwen Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its the second week of may and still no news,im just gpnna face the reality that the album is gonna come out in november and there probably wont be a single till september.She can criticize kanye all she wants but at least he keeps putting out albums and gets grammy award nominations every year.
  • Options
    fodg09fodg09 Posts: 3,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    joaniponi wrote: »
    Has Leona just been on BBC radio? Loads of tweeting about A Moment Like this....

It, along with Bleeding Love just now and Run earlier, were in their countdown of 'Best Selling Singles of the Millennium'.

Not sure about the other two but Bleeding Love came in at number 21 with sales of 1,027,000.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fodg09 wrote: »
    It, along with Bleeding Love just now, were in their countdown of 'Best Selling Singles of the Millennium'.

I thought Bleeding Love would have been higher in the chart
  • Options
    deedee1962deedee1962 Posts: 3,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leonagwen wrote: »
    Its the second week of may and still no news,im just gpnna face the reality that the album is gonna come out in november and there probably wont be a single till september.She can criticize kanye all she wants but at least he keeps putting out albums and gets grammy award nominations every year.

Who cares what he does, Leona cares deeply for animals and I love her for that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Then face it. We didn't expect anything else from you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    Then face it. We didn't expect anything else from you.
    What?
  • Options
    poker_faceLeonapoker_faceLeona Posts: 2,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, short snippet for Glassheart-song "Cry"

But what happened to her voice, it's so deep? But as least it includes a whistle, yeah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zMxgEJ5FgU
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What?

You're always negative, that's what.. I know we're already waiting for ages, but stay positive and it will go faster.

I don't mind the waiting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're always negative, that's what.. I know we're already waiting for ages, but stay positive and it will go faster.

I don't mind the waiting.
    Leona commented last november and said that the album was getting delayed untill march.We find out in feb from amazon that it aint coming out till nov,march came and went and leona didnt even comment about the new delay.Now here it is may and we have no idea when the single or album are coming out.We can assume that its coming out in nov but how do we know for sure.Right now its anybodys guess.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leona commented last november and said that the album was getting delayed untill march.We find out in feb from amazon that it aint coming out till nov,march came and went and leona didnt even comment about the new delay.Now here it is may and we have no idea when the single or album are coming out.We can assume that its coming out in nov but how do we know for sure.Right now its anybodys guess.

I totally agree with you.
    At this stage we totally have the right to be negative sometimes and just be frustrated.
    I feel like the communication between Leona and her fans has died.
    I know, many of you are going to say: Don't be negative. Everything will be fine.
    Let's be honest: the whole situation is a mess. Leona could have been a huge worldwide star. And it's sad to see that a talent like Leona doesn't get any attention.

I think there is a huge difference between being realistic and optimistic. After 1000 mistakes since 2009, I can only be realistic.

I mostly blame Syco for destroying her career, but I also blame Leona for not giving us a tiny bit of information about her music. She always keeps everything so secret, we have to find every bit of info on the net. It's just annoying.
  • Options
    IluzionistaIluzionista Posts: 5,406
    Forum Member
    A mess it is. She's not saying anything but "it's coming" for ages. I'm sorry but that's not good enough. It's May for freekin sake. I know she probably has no clue as well and that things are probably up to labels' choice but I'd prefer her to come out and say 'all right guys, you're all asking me when the album is coming out and to be honest with you, I'm not sure' than being silent. That's one of the reasons she'll never have huge fanbase, because there aren't many loons like us who are ready to accept that kind of treatment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A mess it is. She's not saying anything but "it's coming" for ages. I'm sorry but that's not good enough. It's May for freekin sake. I know she probably has no clue as well and that things are probably up to labels' choice but I'd prefer her to come out and say 'all right guys, you're all asking me when the album is coming out and to be honest with you, I'm not sure' than being silent. That's one of the reasons she'll never have huge fanbase, because there aren't many loons like us who are ready to accept that kind of treatment.

Exactly.
    Leona earns millions of dollars because we supported her, we literally gave her this money because of buying her music.
    That's not the way you should treat your fans.
    We worked as hard as her to get her to the top and we still keep on supporting her, but she really gives NOTHING back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly.
    Leona earns millions of dollars because we supported her, we literally gave her this money because of buying her music.
    That's not the way you should treat your fans.
    We worked as hard as her to get her to the top and we still keep on supporting her, but she really gives NOTHING back.
    I really dont think you can just fault her, its mainly syco and simon cowell.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Do you think I lived on a stone for the past few months? I know about the delay and about the lack of information we have.

I just hate it to read every single time that the promotion will be a mess, that she won't be as successful as she was etc ...

Ofcourse you have the right to say that it's getting annoying, but puhlease stop putting Leona down, she's working her butt of to give us the best album she has made. So be patient and let her finishing her album.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As I have said before I don't blame Leona for anything except the fact that she really keeps everything secret and we don't hear from her like 6 months.

What about doing a U-Stream every month? What about joining this forum and talking to us? What about talking to us fans on Twitter? What about giving us some infomartion on the music? She doesn't have to reveal details but she can still share something with us.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And that's what I hate too ... Blaming people if you don't know anything about it.. Ok, they could have done things different, but who says it's their decission? This delay is Leona her 'fault' .. I mean , she wants to record more cause she was inspired. I don't blame her though, I can wait for this masterpiece.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And that's what I hate too ... Blaming people if you don't know anything about it.. Ok, they could have done things different, but who says it's they decission? This delay is Leona her 'fault' .. I mean , she wants to record more cause she was inspired. I don't blame her though, I can wait for this masterpiece.

It's commonly known that Syco is pure shit, I am sorry for saying Shit :). Even among non-Leona-fans!!!!!!!
    Do you know what they did wrong since 2009? I can give you 100 examples if you wish.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And that's what I hate too ... Blaming people if you don't know anything about it.. Ok, they could have done things different, but who says it's they decission? This delay is Leona her 'fault' .. I mean , she wants to record more cause she was inspired. I don't blame her though, I can wait for this masterpiece.
    I dont think so,she had the whole album recorded and got told by management to rerecord most of the album.
  • Options
    GreekFanGreekFan Posts: 6,203
    Forum Member
    Wow, short snippet for Glassheart-song "Cry"

But what happened to her voice, it's so deep? But as least it includes a whistle, yeah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zMxgEJ5FgU

FAKE.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's commonly known that Syco is pure shit, I am sorry for saying Shit :). Even among non-Leona-fans!!!!!!!
    Do you know what they did wrong since 2009? I can give you 100 examples if you wish.
    Give me 5 of your best where you can prove that it is Syco's fault.
    I dont think so,she had the whole album recorded and got told by management to rerecord most of the album.
    Again.. Who says this?
    GreekFan wrote: »
    FAKE.
    Ofcourse lol, Poker_faceLeona recorded it :p
  • Options
    IluzionistaIluzionista Posts: 5,406
    Forum Member
    Nicola wrote on twitter there's a busy week ahead of her and Leona.
    God, please!!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Give me 5 of your best where you can prove that it is Syco's fault.

I don't want to go into detail and I don't know exactly who did it (possibly someone who manages her career) but you can check older threads, but a lot of this was during the offical forum times:
    1. I will be release deasaster
    2. Happy - US absence for a few months. No radio promotion.
    3. I got you / I see you confusion
    4. Collide Release (Maybe have also been due to the Avicii thing)
    5. Dance-route , No-Dance-route, release Cover-EP-instead, don't know what to do. Perform Collide everywhere, oh not, Run instead. .....
    Ofcourse lol, Poker_faceLeona recorded it :p

You already know me by now LOOOOL :D:D:D

Iluzionista@: LOL. I guess they will figure, if there's an economic crisis in 2050. Because it would be better to release Glassheart in 2051 then.
This discussion has been closed.