Options

Martine McCutcheon

trawets09trawets09 Posts: 1,612
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Seems to be making a bit of a comeback, she has her debut novel "The Mistress" coming out

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mistress-Martine-McCutcheon/dp/0330504487/ref=sr_1_1/275-0769614-6863563?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1254862454&sr=8-1

And has taken part in an interesting photoshoot for Breast Cancer awareness

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/09/25/article-0-0695E0D9000005DC-178_468x697.jpg

And has been photographed at "The Pride of Britain Awards"

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/10/05/article-1218274-06B63B42000005DC-675_196x561.jpg

What do you think? she has went from girlband member to soap star to pop star to stage star to Movie Star to Author? lol will it be a success, I personally hope so I know many here find her unlikable and stuck up but to me she is uber talented and hot. :p

Comments

• Options
    Chickens hitChickens hit Posts: 26,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "uber talented":D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "uber talented":D:D:D

I think she is, her acting in EastEnders to me was really good and no one can deny the woman has a great voice.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you her PR person by any chance :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs.W wrote: »

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    poboppobop Posts: 254
    Forum Member
    None of these celebs write their own books, you cannot be that naiive.

Yeah she's trying to bolster her career, but what does she trying to progress to? She's been in a film. Maybe she's trying to stay relevant perhaps.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pobop wrote: »
    None of these celebs write their own books, you cannot be that naiive.

Autobiographies yeah but a novel ghost written by another and credited for by Martine? highly unlikely.
  • Options
    CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i dont like her
  • Options
    Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    No ta.
  • Options
    doughnut8doughnut8 Posts: 2,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two words: Love Actually

Another two: Complete Shit
  • Options
    poboppobop Posts: 254
    Forum Member
    trawets09 wrote: »
    Autobiographies yeah but a novel ghost written by another and credited for by Martine? highly unlikely.

No, completely plausible... do you really think Katona, Geri, Madonna and Jordan write their own books... no. I don't expect any less off Martine.
    In most cases these celebs are approached by agents that offer the services of an author that will write a story based on whatever the celeb wants, with a split of the profits... it works both ways.

At university I had a lecturer that was a part time ghost writer, he had ghostwritten for a few prem footballer biogs but also true crime books, historic reference books and novels. At the co-author/pub presses discression he was sometimes not even ever referenced at all as a writer.

That's just the way it is, if you choose to believe this actress wrote a novel so be it, it most assuredly will not be true.
  • Options
    TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    doughnut8 wrote: »

Is she still knocking about with that Jack Johnson bloke
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    martine who???

oh that silly moo who declared she would make it in hoolywood then got drunk and insulted people and flew back declaring her love for the UK instead

that silly martine

no thanks
  • Options
    TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    martine who???

oh that silly moo who declared she would make it in hoolywood then got drunk and insulted people and flew back declaring her love for the UK instead

Dont forget it was she who threw up on Mick Hucknall so he had to cut off his famous curly red mop:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dont forget it was she who threw up on Mick Hucknall so he had to cut off his famous curly red mop:D

she has her uses then i guess......:p
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she looked quite good looking when she was in EastEnders, however, now she's lost a bit of that appeal to me. I dunno...she just doesn't look as nice now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,967
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think she's relevant any more. She seems a bit dated. I think she's had her 15 minutes of fame. :cry:
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    trawets09 wrote: »
    I know many here find her unlikable and stuck up but to me she is uber talented and hot. :p

It's possible to be both.

I always liked Martine when she used to appear on things like Live and Kicking; she always seemed nice. Of course, some people on the "nice and nasty celebs you have met" thread say they've met her and she was horrible and not having met her I can't argue.

I wish her well, all the same.
  • Options
    EuanMebabeEuanMebabe Posts: 1,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Alls I knows is I was Tifferney" :D

And that was probably the only time Dawn French ever made me laugh.
  • Options
    thats_racistthats_racist Posts: 1,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ugh, lets hope we don't have to see her gurning away on Loose Women, GMTV et al now that she has something to plug.

I can't bear the woman although she does have one saving grace - she did vomit on Mick Huknall after all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't mind her but she's a bit meh.

I wish her well with whatever she does but it does seem that it's all over for her now. I think she'd make a good agent, she knows all about the industry, she could help others now.
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    doughnut8 wrote: »

I'd go along with that.
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh no, not her again. :sleep:

I actually liked her back in the Eastenders days - but it's been downhill ever since.

A classic case of an individual with serious delusions of grandeur - Hollywood, the bright lights, a modern day singing, dancing equivalent of Judy Garland - NOT!!!

This latest get-successful-at-any-cost venture is another string to add to her, erm, bow. Forgotten TV star, failed singer, failed movie actress.....and I very much doubt she has written this 'debut novel' without a significant helping hand.
  • Options
    BanditaBandita Posts: 3,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's always been very tiresome, she hasn't done anything of note for years apart from appearing on programmes like Paul O'Grady saying she's got something in the offing, but never seems to materialise.
  • Options
    EuanMebabeEuanMebabe Posts: 1,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Below is Brian Sewell's review of Martine McCutcheon's performance of Eliza Doolittle. And I thought I could be harsh! Has she worked since?

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/theatre/review-579714-never-mind-posh-she-cant-do-cockney.do;jsessionid=0157DEB6B6C0DDC1CDDF16DF9146683B

Martine McCutcheon, an actress of sorts, went to scow in 'Ackney (where hurricanes hardly ever happen) and at the ige of ite determined that to play Eliza Doolittle in My Fair Lady must be her life's ambishun. In Doolittle she says all - the Doo as multi-syllabled as a Korean car manufacturer, the double t of little elided as a double glottal stop, and in spite of all her years at the Italia Conti School - which used to be the guarantee of metamorphosed elocution - her speech remains utterly unreconstructed and fits her only for minor roles in EastEnders and The Bill.

Why, then, did the panjandrums of the National Theatre imagine that under their tutelage, embodied in Bernard Shaw's Professor Higgins, the real Martine could summon wit enough to be effectively transformed into the fictional Eliza reincarnate as a lady?

She has, it must be said, no ear for the role that translates her from EastEnders to Absolutely Fabulous. Forced to mimic the exaggerated caterwauling established as iconic by Julie Andrews and Audrey Hepburn, she is scarcely intelligible and wholly unconvincing even as a cockney - a remarkable achievement - nor does she comfortably assume in tongue or body language the airs and graces of gentility.

Within five minutes it is evident that the fault lies mainly with the voice, a meagre little instrument incapable of volume, done serious disservice by random amplification that would disgrace a village hall. High in pitch and shrill in timbre, her utterance is painful to the ear. At her best this actress is inaudible, at her worst her speech is alternately and gracelessly whining, vituperative and rancorous, her song so sour that she might be Florence Foster Jenkins attempting the most rancid notes of Callas at the tail end of her career, heard through the customer announcement system of London Underground.

This is a woman who, as a cockney, sings a song of which the refrain is something about a wooden tit (she has a birdcage); as a lady she trills that she could have darned all night, but with not an old sock to be seen. Disappointed and resentful at the end, she abandons the bogus mannerisms of the Ada Unsworth School of Elocution - "How now, brown cow?" and all that - and delivers her last diatribe with the soft Welsh delivery of Merthyr Tydfil.

The audience gave her a standing ovation, but then the men were balding and greybeard drab, the women Linda Snell and the Vicar of Dibley clad in Marks and Spencer fashion pink, deaf and blind to Miss McCutcheon's blatant inadequacies, all instead reliving Audrey Hepburn's triumph of 1964 with the voice of Marni Nixon. Dennis Waterman is genuine and wonderful as Eliza's father, and Bernard Shaw seems as sharp and shrewd and wry as a century ago, but no matter how well played the other roles, the energetic, even thrilling, support of minor players, My Fair Lady stands or falls on its Eliza. In Miss McCutcheon, this production suffers a mortal self-inflicted wound.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrs.W wrote: »

:D I'd almost forgot about Martine