Dave nominated Caoimhe because of her views on abortion !!!!!!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dub1 wrote: »
    It`s a traditional Irish song usually sung by rugby supporters.

No connection whatsoever with the Catholic religion.

It has i think you'll find.
  • What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's so wrong with being raised Catholic?
  • Since YesterdaySince Yesterday Posts: 5,051
    Forum Member
    ElProximo wrote: »
    I like to believe I get a good one through every now and then but yes I agree it gets blank stares by too many here.
    Excuse me for suggesting it's not garnering the kudos you may appreciate because there's plenty of padding, but very little substance behind your opinion. When I read a lengthy post, I generally expect to see a point well made, whether I disagree or not. There's really not much there you couldn't have covered in perhaps 3 or 4 sentences.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's so wrong with being raised Catholic?

She never said it was wrong being raised catholic, she said she turned her back on the church due to the child molesting, and their prehistoric views on abortion and gay marriages.

Said this early on in the series seems a fair point all in all,
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Out of interest, what are Dave/Caoimhe's views on abortion?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Being against something that somebody does is absolutley nothing like being against the person.

I don't agree with abortions and think they're horrific, however it wouldn't stop me being a good friend to a person who'd had one.

"hate the sin but love the sinner" - Mahatma Gandhi - Indian political and spiritual leader (1869 - 1948)
  • Dub1Dub1 Posts: 5,959
    Forum Member
    liedown wrote: »
    It has i think you'll find.

Nope.

It`s a traditional song, totally unconnected to any religion, widely sung by Irish rugby and football supporters of all religions.
  • AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    you SEE, I was right about him all along.

I want him to stay away from Benny. He is nasty. At least everyone in that house is aware of Ben's stupidity. Dave is just a snake.

Dave is as entitled to his views in a free society just as you are entitled to yours.

How would you like to be called a snake for expressing you opinions?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She never said it was wrong being raised catholic, she said she turned her back on the church due to the child molesting, and their prehistoric views on abortion and gay marriages.

I think my previous post was too short. I meant with regards to Dave's views of lapsed Catholics and their skepticism - which I see as natural. If there 1 billion catholics there are about 100 million lapsed ones . I understand perfectly Keeva's views having only narrowly escaped the nuns myself.

What I find cowardly is his nominating her for her views without being prepared to be honest with his own.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kyle123 wrote: »
    Out of interest, what are Dave/Caoimhe's views on abortion?

Hers are that the view of the Catholic church are too stingent for the modern world. He hasn't given his view cos he doesn't believe stating an opinion, or standing up for a point is good for him on BB so avoids saying anything except he loves everyone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    Marten wrote: »
    And they are right, with what Dave said about homosexuality (not just gay marriage) he did offend various housemates! He should be evicted a.s.a.p., that will make BB better for sure.

Being against homosexuality is just horrible discriminatory behavior.

Could you tell me when Dave has said anything discriminatory about anyone who is gay please?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Annsyre wrote: »
    Dave is as entitled to his views in a free society just as you are entitled to yours.

How would you like to be called a snake for expressing you opinions?

He is being called a snake for not expressing his opinions and letting his "friends" decide whether they want to hang around with him. If you belong to the BNP and are pals with your mate the black geezer down the road who you don't count as one of those, of course you are a snake if he he doesn't know what you are.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could you tell me when Dave has said anything discriminatory about anyone who is gay please?

He didnt he was open and honest about his views as i said earlier at least he wasnt scared to voice his opinions.
  • Scout66Scout66 Posts: 5,576
    Forum Member
    I'm strongly pro choice and pro marriage equality for all. Having said that I wouldn't vote against someone in game show like BB just because they held a different opinion from mine on social and political issues (unless they were attempting to cram it down my throat 24/7). I save those votes for things that really matter when it comes to electing politicians.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He didnt he was open and honest about his views as i said earlier at least he wasnt scared to voice his opinions.

He said himself that he did not want to discuss the topic in general as others would judge him upon his opinions but that all he would say was that he personally would not marry a gay couple. He was as open and honest on his opinions on this, abortion, and all the rest as he was on his reasons for nominating Rachael and Keeva, ie not at all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite a few religious people are judgemental pricks, Dave is no exception.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scout66 wrote: »
    Having said that I wouldn't vote against someone in game show like BB just because they held a different opinion from mine on social and political issues (unless they were attempting to cram it down my throat 24/7).

How about someone who voted out housemates for wearing revealing clothing, for being bathroom bitches, and for holding different religous and religious/polical views to himself who holds a dailyb sermon. Is that considered cramming?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 415
    Forum Member
    Good on Dave I say :D
  • lightblueslightblues Posts: 4,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is being called a snake for not expressing his opinions and letting his "friends" decide whether they want to hang around with him. If you belong to the BNP and are pals with your mate the black geezer down the road who you don't count as one of those, of course you are a snake if he he doesn't know what you are.

i think you'll find that dave is quite willing to express and explain his views on certain subjects as he did the other night with Ife in a civilised one to one convo(the gay marriage issue).I don't think Dave is all that keen on being attacked by a 'pack mentality' and who can blame him, he's certainly not a snake.
    in fact he's probably the most vunerable HM in there,an easy target cos he's a christian who holds views which may differ from the majority in the house.in fact you might find that a lot of people in the world share Dave's views.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lightblues wrote: »
    in fact he's probably the most vunerable HM in there,an easy target cos he's a christian who holds views which may differ from the majority in the house.in fact you might find that a lot of people in the world share Dave's views.

I think even less people share views in alien abduction, reincarnation,the Loch Ness Monster, the Secret and filmerian paternalistic elites. If anyone is vulnerable for being persecuted for their beliefs in the UK it is not Xtians but holders of these beliefs - and they are all prepared to stand up and be counted - unlike Davo.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont like Dave that much

His views on abortion are spot on though as he is truthfull

I dont agree with abortion either unless in exceptional circumstrances.

Gay marraige isnt something im for or against and i can see his point there.

I have loads of gay friends and i am not anti gay
  • lightblueslightblues Posts: 4,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cyberninja wrote: »
    Quite a few religious people are judgemental pricks, Dave is no exception.

a lot of irony in this post methinks;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But she is Irish and no one mentioned the term Fenian.

Here here
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont like Dave that much

His views on abortion are spot on though as he is truthfull

I dont agree with abortion either unless in exceptional circumstrances.

Gay marraige isnt something im for or against and i can see his point there.

I have loads of gay friends and i am not anti gay

How's your mate Chalkie doing?