Options

POLL: Who was better of Tom or Austin?

2»

Comments

• Options
    abivanabivan Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG you're asking us to chose between dumb and dumber!
  • Options
    Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember Tom's QS and jive (the first one that is lol). But - and don't hate me Alli :( - I don't remember any of Austin's apart from ... (oh god, you're going to hate me so much after this) ... his way OTT paso.

:o

Awww, s'ok hun, most of my posts about Austin are tongue in cheek. I loved him but you have just as much right not to. ;)

It's really funny though, a couple of years later, I feel far more passionate about how truly awful Lisa was than about how good Austin was. :confused:

There is no way that anyone will ever convince me that Lisa deserved anywhere near the scores she got, VW apart, she was truly, truly, truly bad. :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alli-F wrote: »
    Awww, s'ok hun, most of my posts about Austin are tongue in cheek. I loved him but you have just as much right not to. ;)

It's really funny though, a couple of years later, I feel far more passionate about how truly awful Lisa was than about how good Austin was. :confused:

There is no way that anyone will ever convince me that Lisa deserved anywhere near the scores she got, VW apart, she was truly, truly, truly bad. :eek:
    Oh I agree that she was overscored more than once. I didn't think she was awful but yes, she (and a lot in that series, not to mention last year and this year lol) was overscored quite a lot. It's a shame because it erased the records held by Alesha the year before who in my opinion deserved her scores.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monkseal wrote: »
    I can't remember either Austin's Quickstep or his rumba. Although that may be because I've blocked it out in the case of the latter. (I'm not saying that out of all the Strictly dances those are the two I can't remember obviously (OBVIOUSLY), just of Austin's "memorable ones" that you highlighted). I'm not that obsessive. I have recourse to wikipedia and ultimatestrictly and squinting a lot.

Also, Pamela danced Broadway last week. And then tap. And then the Monster Mash. And then some pop jazz. Then she did the pogo. And we called it a Quickstep and gave it 40.

Austin's QS was amazing, really, really, really fast and accurate. I think it was one of his best dances and Erin had the most amazing dress. :) His rhumba was horrible and best forgotten. ;) It was typical butch man salsa, all embarassment, ugly arms and yuckiness. ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I preferred Austin in many ways.

I would like to know if doing well on SCD enhances an actor's career. I have only seen Tom Chambers in one thing - Waterloo Road - since he won SCD, and he played a pompous ass who didn't last long.
  • Options
    Franch FancyFranch Fancy Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    Muscle bound does nothing for me. Dancers need to be lean and lithe so Tom was my favourite.
  • Options
    tiddlebootiddleboo Posts: 1,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom was better, but by God I loved Austin. Robbed!!!
  • Options
    PiggywigPiggywig Posts: 996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh it's got to be Austin!! I was devastated when he was booted off, and have been ever since, until Matt pulled me out of my Austin-induced depression this year. Lord knows what will happen if Matt doesn't win - I'll be in my horrors for another two years I guess :rolleyes::D.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    Tom. Austin's latin was terrible and Tom was a million times more likeable. (Although I'm biased because Tom is my all-time favourite Strictly contestant.)
  • Options
    missfrankiecatmissfrankiecat Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member
    Alli-F wrote: »
    Yeah but you're a Strictly obsessive who remembers everything that everyone has ever danced including their outfits, scores and music, whereas I can hardly remember what Pamela danced last week, although I'm struggling more with forgetting some of the monstrosities she's worn! :eek:

You don't count, you're not normal. :rolleyes::p

You can't say that to Monkseal.:eek::eek:

I can remember Tom's Paso face. It's up their with Lisa's bacofoil.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Austin:D
  • Options
    IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasn't keen on either.

Rachel was robbed.
  • Options
    BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom for me.

I honestly can't remember specific dances except Tom's show dance and Austin's Paso, but what does stick in my mind is that Tom was a more natural dancer. Austin was a bit like Darren Gough in that he had to work hard to look elegant in Ballroom and smooth in Latin. Tom didn't and even when his performance wasn't perfect, it was lovely to watch.
  • Options
    daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,641
    Forum Member
    Tom for me.

I honestly can't remember specific dances except Tom's show dance and Austin's Paso, but what does stick in my mind is that Tom was a more natural dancer. Austin was a bit like Darren Gough in that he had to work hard to look elegant in Ballroom and smooth in Latin. Tom didn't and even when his performance wasn't perfect, it was lovely to watch.

Agree with all of that.
    I loved Tom's exuberance for dance - did he not get a musical stage role after winning SCD? I would have thought he'd be snapped up! Musical theatre seemed to be his forte rather than 'merely' acting.
  • Options
    GirlygigglerGirlygiggler Posts: 1,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom for me:)
  • Options
    Philly1234Philly1234 Posts: 1,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked Tom more most of the time, but I really really really wanted to see them battle it out in the final. That would've decided it for me. Austin leaving is why I still say no more dance off ever. Forget John Sergeant, that was the Debacle of SCD6.
  • Options
    BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daisydee wrote: »
    Agree with all of that.
    I loved Tom's exuberance for dance - did he not get a musical stage role after winning SCD? I would have thought he'd be snapped up! Musical theatre seemed to be his forte rather than 'merely' acting.

I don't know. I think I read Tom was in Waterloo Road after SCD, but I could be wrong.
  • Options
    StarpussStarpuss Posts: 12,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tom for me. I loved his dancing and enthusiasm, his QS was a joy. Austin was good but I didn't enjoy watching him as much.

I don't know what Tom did after SCD but he is doing musical theatre now. And good luck to him :)
  • Options
    tawnytawny Posts: 1,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Austin every time - couldn't stand Tom's smug face
  • Options
    beaky29beaky29 Posts: 367
    Forum Member
    Austin was a a league os his own and was diddled beyond belief.
    Never liked "smug"Tom
  • Options
    kirstylouise666kirstylouise666 Posts: 6,959
    Forum Member
    Tom, Austin was a bit too cocky for my liking ! I think he tried too hard and Tom was more natural. He turned out to be a bit of a jerk after winning though...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    beaky29 wrote: »
    Austin was a a league os his own and was diddled beyond belief.
    Never liked "smug"Tom

That just sounds so wrong! :p:D
  • Options
    vincent's mojovincent's mojo Posts: 9,369
    Forum Member
    Tall Paul wrote: »
    POLL: Who was better out of Tom and Austin?

Tom
    Austin

That's easy Austin :D
  • Options
    SideshowStuSideshowStu Posts: 11,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's easy Austin :D

It's clearly not that easy because you've come up with the wrong answer :D

...It's Tom :D
  • Options
    CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    Austin - but BOTH he and Tom should have been in the final - and would have been without the ruddy dance off!