The Bridge 2 - BBC4

Comments

• FrankBTFrankBT Posts: 4,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. This series seems to be much more multi-layered than the last with so many interesting characters and sub-stories. The acting, by nearly all the cast, has been fantastic too. All the women are especially strong.
    I've enjoyed this series more as well. Agreed that the acting and storylines are first rate and the whole thing hangs together well. Love the half comical effect that they've given to Saga's character by exaggerating her Aspergers and perpetually confused expressions. Didn't notice that so much in the first series.
  • Lorelei LaFleurLorelei LaFleur Posts: 4,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awful. I had to turn it off as it was too embarrassing to watch. I can't stand the pair of them (the presenters) but it was obvious from the bit I watched that they hadn't seen the series.
    Yes. All his life he has looked up to the BBC, only to find himself being interviewed by those twits. What a comedown!

I was so excited to see Kim and Sofia on BBC Breakfast.
    I loved hearing them speak English. Kim was so gracious and attentive to Sofia, complimenting her on her acting performance and how amazing it is that she conveys such emotion with her eyes, he's so right.
    Kim was moved and deeply honoured to be invited to the BBC, a lifelong dream for him it seems, he was just completely stoked to be there.

Compare and contrast our charming, supremely talented Bridge stars with Susanna and Charlie who could barely muster any enthusiasm, they hadn't seen the show and because it was the end segment, you could tell they'd already checked out for the day.
    I was indignant at the shoddy, half-arsed interview but what else can you expect from Susanna and her Charlie.

I've enjoyed both series of The Bridge immensely and I'll be sad to see this top rate crime drama end tomorrow.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I was really excited about the interview too.
    Hopefully there will be some good interview footage from Nordicana this weekend, so gutted I can't be there :(

Kim, he's so lovely :blush:
  • WoodentopWoodentop Posts: 3,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tickets for Sunday remain, but Saturday is sold out. It seems you will view one of the remaining two episodes on each day, followed by a q&a with Sofia and Kim, hosted by the Radio Times. Wonder if you will be able to ask many questions given the likely number of people and time. Certainty could do better than the Breakfast interview. They could have asked for tweets or email questions and had a full 15/20 mins. Shame and might spend the £27 on Sunday to see them in person.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woodentop wrote: »
    Tickets for Sunday remain, but Saturday is sold out. It seems you will view one of the remaining two episodes on each day, followed by a q&a with Sofia and Kim, hosted by the Radio Times. Wonder if you will be able to ask many questions given the likely number of people and time. Certainty could do better than the Breakfast interview. They could have asked for tweets or email questions and had a full 15/20 mins. Shame and might spend the £27 on Sunday to see them in person.

go on do it, I would if I had a chance to go....
  • RFSRFS Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    If I wasn't away this weekend I would definitely have gone
  • WoodentopWoodentop Posts: 3,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chloe_26 wrote: »
    go on do it, I would if I had a chance to go....
    Will need to be a bit inventive, but perhaps worth it.
  • Markus23Markus23 Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    If the ending of the first series is anything to go by, the ending will not be happy. Not sure they will go down the same road again, but I am at least preparing for something dark to go down.
  • dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    Yes I was really excited about the interview too.
    Hopefully there will be some good interview footage from Nordicana this weekend, so gutted I can't be there :(

Kim, he's so lovely :blush:

:) He really is. He's joined my hunk list along with Theis and Gilou.:D

They were were lovely in the interview, shame about the interviewers! Quite appalling.

Edit: Forgot to add that I am both dreading and looking forward to tomorrow's last two episodes.
  • Killary45Killary45 Posts: 1,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Markus23 wrote: »
    If the ending of the first series is anything to go by, the ending will not be happy. Not sure they will go down the same road again, but I am at least preparing for something dark to go down.

In the interview tonight on Front Row on Radio 4 they
    both said that they are in series 3, which is soon to start filming
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dekaf wrote: »
    :)He really is. He's joined my hunk list along with Theis and Gilou.:D

They were were lovely in the interview, shame about the interviewers! Quite appalling.

Yes and there I was a few days ago saying I didn't find Martin attractive lol
  • dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    Yes and there I was a few days ago saying I didn't find Martin attractive lol

:D - He's a slow-burner.
  • Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Killary45 wrote: »
    In the interview tonight on Front Row on Radio 4

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03sb3zr

Sofia sounds quite contrasting whereas Kim is more recognisable.
  • Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On a tangent, I saw ID:A (Danish film) and really liked it. Always kept guessing. One of the actors was in The Killing and Those Who Kill.

Really looking forward to the series finale of The Bridge, but sad too! Wish it was a mega series like the first one of The Killing (though know some wouldn't want a series that long).
  • tealadytealady Posts: 26,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RFS wrote: »
    If I wasn't away this weekend I would definitely have gone

Shambolic processing, one person to check everyone's tickets. Missed the first event as the queue didn't move for 25 mins. They had better sort it for tomorrow.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder how they feel about the remakes. It seems to me that this second season didn't go out of its way to make things easy for them. You can't very well have a ship running into the channel tunnel.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sanguinius wrote: »
    Best thing on TV currently by a country mile and I will be sad to see it end for now. I was rather sceptical at first that it could hit the heights of the first season but IMO it has surpassed it especially in how the Saga and Martin characters have developed even more.

This. With bells on. Bloody BRILLIANT TV.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    I thought the male interviewer was quite rude to Kim, he basically told him to stop speaking, when all he was doing was trying to answer their lazy, asinine questions.
  • Stuart PStuart P Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    only 4pm and i can't wait for tonight! can't remember being this excited about a saturday night tv show for ages :)
  • Tel69Tel69 Posts: 26,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This has been a fantastic series which I only caught on the back of The Tunnel. The story has been gripping as have been the characters, I must try and catch the 1st series.
  • KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else catch Kim on C4 news? He bigged up the BBC and BBC4 then looked a bit confused when the interviewer tried to say "you're on Channel 4 news - we're quite good as well!" :)

K

edit, you should be able to watch it on c4+1 at about 10 to 8...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    brangdon wrote: »
    I wonder how they feel about the remakes. It seems to me that this second season didn't go out of its way to make things easy for them. You can't very well have a ship running into the channel tunnel.

I did read the Channel Tunnel are quite sensitive as what can be shown.

I suppose it could be that a lorry goes on the channel tunnel and is then found abandoned with the bodies?
  • smudesmude Posts: 17,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How is this going to pan out over another one and half hours?

Oh, it is.
  • j'aimelatelej'aimelatele Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soooo good! Love how the story develops but we still have the human side of the main characters being showed.... Poor martin...