Live streaming web cams and pre-recorded material

Dr QuincyDr Quincy Posts: 1,160
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Does anyone know of a free application, similar to Twitcam that you can stream live footage and also cut to pre-recorded material at leisure ?

Comments

• bmillambmillam Posts: 6,065
    Forum Member
    Dr Quincy wrote: »
    Does anyone know of a free application, similar to Twitcam that you can stream live footage and also cut to pre-recorded material at leisure ?

don't know of a specific software as most computers don't like switching video streams without braking the connection. but I was watching a wedding in the US on line and all they did was unplug the web cam and plugged in another. to change rooms. you might try this sort of approach using a separate piece of equipment for the pre-recorded material.
    hope this helps.;);)
  • Dr QuincyDr Quincy Posts: 1,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks. I didn't think it was a simple as I had hoped!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    If I've understood what you need correctly then ManyCam is free and will do what you've asked.

I use it at work for broadcasting events on our web site - it can switch between camera feeds, play pre-recorded videos and also overlay text on the screen amongst other things.
  • Dr QuincyDr Quincy Posts: 1,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PerryTech wrote: »
    If I've understood what you need correctly then ManyCam is free and will do what you've asked.

I use it at work for broadcasting events on our web site - it can switch between camera feeds, play pre-recorded videos and also overlay text on the screen amongst other things.

Oooh. Sounds interesting. I shall check that out. cheers:D