Options

Josie - most contrived winner?

carolineglasgowcarolineglasgow Posts: 828
Forum Member
✭✭
There have been rumours about Josie and Davina having been mates previously, these may or may not be true. However, it is completely indisputable that the BB machine was gunning for a Josie win this year...... all the favourable editing, the focus on her and JJ lying under some bedcovers whilst more exciting things were going on, the absence of a "vote to save" this year when it's been a feature of most other BBs and, finally, the farce of voting someone straight into the final with a few weeks to go and the way Josie spun this to be her (yes, she did, just look back at the tape and see how she totally hoodwinked everyone into voting for her).

I had kind of warmed to her in the last month or so but, when I look back on it all, I just feel that we've all somehow been duped. Ask yourselves, what does she really have to offer when compared to all the previous winners? All she really did was lie in bed, suck her thumb and eat.......... no entertaining antics, no strong views and no entertainment!

Comments

• Options
    Irishguy123Irishguy123 Posts: 14,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pete was the most contrived without a doubt.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pete was the most contrived without a doubt.
    I agree. This year's winner does however have a similar feel TBH.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 320
    Forum Member
    Every year people say the same thing... Why whats in it for them?

BTW every year Ive watch ( and that's quite a few of them) the person who has won is almost always the person Ive liked the most.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have liked her from the beginning - she may not be the most active or energetic but that hardly matters to me. She's funny, warm, and generally likeable and I think her best bits highlighted why she was the deserving winner. I might even say she's the best winner of all time, I can't think of another one who I have liked all the way through.

Pete Bennett and Brian Belo are definitely more contrived than her, and had been forced down our throats way more, especially Pete. With this series, people were talking about many being the producers' favourites from time to time - John James, Josie, Corin, Sam etc so I don't think it's fair that a lot of the forum have all of a sudden started calling her 'the golden girl' and that it's been set up from the beginning when most thought the same of John James two weeks ago.