Jill or Kara

Barney06Barney06 Posts: 123,853
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
Hard to pick between the two as the best female contestant on Strictly, would just give it to Jill at the moment but things could change if Kara gets to the final as she so deserves to.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me Jill Halfpenny is the best female celeb dancer. :)
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jill Halfpenny
  • vincent's mojovincent's mojo Posts: 9,369
    Forum Member
    I would pick jill since Rachel Stevens hasn't been included :(
  • Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will wait until the end of the series but she is starting to edge things for me because she is brilliant at both Ballroom & Latin. Jill was great at both but was actually often outshone a little by Denise in the Ballroom. Alesha was stunning in ballroom but not quite as good in Latin. And Rachel was technically fantastic but just didn't have the overall performance or wow factor for me.
  • Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Kara has the edge on Jill.
  • Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kara has the edge for me.......she is just so beautiful to watch and sorry folks but Artem is also more beautiful to watch than Darren ..........runs and hides.
  • Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kara has the edge for me.......she is just so beautiful to watch and sorry folks but Artem is also more beautiful to watch than Darren ..........runs and hides.

By a country mile:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Kara now. Jill's speciality was the jive in particular and in that dance, she is still the queen. But as an all-round dancer, both ballroom and latin, for me Kara is better.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me it's Kara vs. Rachel. I think Kara has won by virtue of better latin. Rachel may still have the edge in ballroom.
  • JambobJambob Posts: 1,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kara for me, but then I would also put Alesha and Rachel ahead of Jill.

Not quite sure why Jill is held up as the perfect female celeb to which all others must be compared, she was the best there had been up to that point, but we've had many excellent dancers since.

Personally I'd rate the best female celebs as:

1: Alesha
    2: Rachel
    3: Kara
    4: Jill
    5: Denise
    6: Loiusa (often overlooked in these discussions, but one of the most naturally talented dancers we've seen on the show.)
    7: Kelly
    8: Zoe
    9: Pamela
    10: Lisa
  • sweetmisssweetmiss Posts: 3,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My favourite female contestant is alesha she could do ball room and letin and she had such a spark and to top it of a bubbly infectious personality noone will be able to top her in my eyes. but i also love kara and louisa. Jill did nothing for me.
  • cath99cath99 Posts: 6,826
    Forum Member
    Denise's quickstep is one of only a handful of dances that I have (and continue to) watch time and time again. I think she is under rated generally on here and I would have her in my top 3.

Kara and Alesha make up the rest.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JILL HALFPENNY!!!!! No question. Artem better than Darren? Pffttt :p That's funny :D
  • allgrownupallgrownup Posts: 7,066
    Forum Member
    Oooooh a female rate, how long before the slanging matches start! :p

Kara is heading towards the top for me but will judge after the series is completed.

My all time favourite is actually Zoe Ball. :p If you think there is hate on the boards now or last year you should have seen her series. The hatred has since only been matched or surpassed by La Snowdon who I think was a very good ballroom dancer by the way.

Minor slanging match eruption. Rachel was too much of a bot for me, Alesha too messy in her Latin, Ali too much princessy. I love Jill but was also very very fond of Denise and that is why Zoe edges it for me as I really was all out fan of her as opposed to being fan of both Denise and Jill in series 2. Oh and Louisa woz robbed by introducing the dance off to get the Bunton in to the semi's. I is still a jellus hatah!

Kara is close to becoming the closest thing we've had to a pro on this show though, so I do rate her very highly.
  • jill1812jill1812 Posts: 12,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kara's ballroom is better than Jill's.

I think those who think the jive was Jill's speciality should watch her samba, cha-cha and paso. Actually the only paso to ever come close to Jill's is Kara's.

Also you have the unknown factor, what would Jill's viennese waltz, argentine tango or charleston be like?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me Jill Halfpenny will always be the best, she is remembered for her jive but like other posters have said her paso, cha cha and samba were just as good. However I think Kara is an excellent dancer and is very close to Jill in ability.

I'd also go for Darren rather than Artem !!! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barney06 wrote: »
    Hard to pick between the two as the best female contestant on Strictly, would just give it to Jill at the moment but things could change if Kara gets to the final as she so deserves to.

I would say neither as Zoe Ball is still my all time favourite. Jill and Kara are both great too though :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    allgrownup wrote: »
    Oh and Louisa woz robbed by introducing the dance off to get the Bunton in to the semi's. I is still a jellus hatah!/QUOTE]

The dance off was not down to the judges though. It was still on the public vote, so it came down to the normal points allocation. The dance off was just to add "drama", however unsuccessfully.

Maybe you can hate less now...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    Kara for me, for beauty and technical ability in both Latin and Ballroom.
    Also definitely Artem over Darren!:D
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't watch a lot of Jill's dancing, but from what I've seen, she didn't give me goosebumps (even though I appreciate how technically proficient she was).

So I'd opt for Kara. I think the chiemistry between her an Artem is stronger too. It's palpable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can Kara be the best of she does not win SCD ? Jill and Alesha are winners; Rachel runner-up.
  • Barney06Barney06 Posts: 123,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would pick jill since Rachel Stevens hasn't been included :(

Did not include Rachel , great dancer as she was ,but she just did not have the wow factor moment for me.
    Forum Member
    The dance off was not down to the judges though. It was still on the public vote, so it came down to the normal points allocation. The dance off was just to add "drama", however unsuccessfully.

Maybe you can hate less now...

I never said this hate was rational :D I just like to wallow in it...still ;)
  • Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    petertard wrote: »
    Can Kara be the best of she does not win SCD ? Jill and Alesha are winners; Rachel runner-up.

Well that's still a hypothetical argument for 2 more weeks. However I would say that of course you can still make the argument as these things are so subjective.

Winning means you are more likely to stand out, especially a few years down the line as with Jill. However, I have found it refreshing that Denise has had a few mentions on here. As someone else said she often gets overlooked on this forum but she was a bloody good dancer.
    Forum Member
    Hells yeah she was, loved her quickstep and samba. Great final that year too