The John James Appreciation Thread (Part 13)

Comments

• bbloverbblover Posts: 41,663
    Forum Member
    AlexBB3 wrote: »
    Hi Lindy, I know how much you appreciate another POV, so here's mine. :cool:

The so-called bad refereeing decisions at the weekend were all a storm in a teacup ..... blown up by the media's obsession with headlines rather than just talking about 2 excellent football matches.

Liverpool's goal was correctly disallowed, albeit for the wrong reason. The guy had his hands all over the defender's shoulders

As for Suarez getting a raw deal, perhaps you should tell that to Silvain Distain whose achilles heel he trod on (by accident, ofc).

Now for the other match (Chelsea v Man U). The only clear error was made by a linesman, not a referee. The ref's red card decisions were consistent. Indeed he had been lenient in not red-carding Ivanovic for a 2-footed lunge after 20 minutes and Torres for a chest high assault in the first half (yellow card only). Torres fell over voluntarily imo, with slow motion replays showing it was the slightest of brushes of his calf. So he knew he was taking a risk to fall over. The subsequent allegations by Chelsea against the ref have all the hallmarks of the Mourinho era and the death threats they managed to heap on that poor Swedish referee who was forced into early retirement.

So no big deal really. Unless you're a Chelsea or Liverpool supporter ofc! ;):p:D

Oh i remember that,that was hideous.His face was all over the papers,gone way overboard.
  • augusta92augusta92 Posts: 8,677
    Forum Member
    muggins14 wrote: »
    Good afternoon, hope you are all well :)

Was up late watching earthcam, terrible situation - Mother Nature at her worst. My thoughts are with those that perished and their loved ones. Hope there are no more casualties.

I see John got a non-mention in the mag this week - his picture!

yes i noticed that as well...

in this weeks NOW ...John has a picture and a mention.:eek::rolleyes:

there is a title HE WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED

and a comment......

'''I wrote recently about someone from my past coming back into my life- cue a certain aussie saying I was talking about him. Well I wasn't - I wouldnt waste my column on him! Nuff said.''

and then someone has added a pic of John . He has blonde hair and a back top and has black tiles on the wall behind him, so I dont know where the photo was taken.

and under the photo, so there can be no confusion...we have Shh ! Josie's ex John James Parton
    Forum Member
    I dont know how to feel today?

Last week I assumed Johns outburst on twitter was because he was angry with Josie, and that he was genuinely fed up that she had implied that he was trying to contact her.

This week we have yet more deliberate provocation from Josie and from NOW magazine, in this weeks column.

I dont think there is much point in JOhn responding directly to Josie, as she doesnt seem able to understand emotions or intent. despite saying that John isnt going to be named or have any space in her column. This week she has done this......

maybe we should have the gorilla video released of Josie breaking down a door? Or maybe John should do an interview....and not mention Josie at all....

Or maybe he could come on twitter and have a lovely chat with JJ, or sunshine or keeva, or mario or someone he knows ...and not respond at all to Josie or any comments about her at all..

That way he will make it obvious he is around and has seen everything...but im sure ignoring Josie will wind her up even more.....

what a sad situation.....and how ludicrous it has all become?
    Forum Member
    I know what else John could do.....he could set himself up to do a film or magazine article ....and advertise about his travel show...etc......
    Or maybe he could come over and help Mario with publicity., for his clothing line........to prove that people are interested in him...and not in his previous relationships.....!!!
  • georgyporgygeorgyporgy Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member

The so-called bad refereeing decisions at the weekend were all a storm in a teacup ..... blown up by the media's obsession with garnering controversial headlines rather than just talking about 2 excellent football matches.

Liverpool's goal was correctly disallowed, albeit for the wrong reason. The guy had his hands all over the defender's shoulders and clearly used them to lever his jump to win the ball.

As for Suarez getting a raw deal, perhaps you should tell that to Sylvain Distain whose achilles heel he trod on (by accident, ofc) ....... the latest in a series of quite nasty incidents involving Suarez where refs have given him benefit of the doubt (aside from the 'diving').

Now for the other match (Chelsea v Man U). The only clear error was made by a linesman, not a referee. The ref's red card decisions were consistent. Indeed he had been lenient in not red-carding Ivanovic for a 2-footed lunge after 20 minutes and Torres for a chest high assault in the first half (yellow card only). Torres fell over voluntarily imo, with slow motion replays showing it was the slightest of brushes of his calf. So he knew he was taking a risk to fall over. And the ref booked Valencia for the same reason. The subsequent allegations by Chelsea against the ref have all the hallmarks of the Mourinho era and the death threats they managed to heap on that poor Swedish referee who was forced into early retirement by their bullyboy whining.

So no big deal really. Unless you're a Chelsea or Liverpool supporter ofc! ;):p:D

yep..... guilty as charged! :p:D

But Alex
    you have listed all the refs mistakes
    and lots of wrong decisions
    do not make a right ;):D

Bib yes puts hand up, me also :o
    Forum Member
    Just back from Bond (skyfall)

everything you want and expect from a bond movie
    and a little bit more :D

Loved it :p

P.s the new Q is a little bit tasty, when i told my son this,
    he said mum you do realize, he's about my age ops :o:p
    Forum Member
    Where has the jjat gone tonight

i shall look behind the door

are you hiding there :o
    Forum Member
    Nope

well see you later

catch you all tomorrow :D
  • ucra girlucra girl Posts: 19,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    augusta92 wrote: »
    I dont know how to feel today?

Last week I assumed Johns outburst on twitter was because he was angry with Josie, and that he was genuinely fed up that she had implied that he was trying to contact her.

This week we have yet more deliberate provocation from Josie and from NOW magazine, in this weeks column.

I dont think there is much point in JOhn responding directly to Josie, as she doesnt seem able to understand emotions or intent. despite saying that John isnt going to be named or have any space in her column. This week she has done this......

maybe we should have the gorilla video released of Josie breaking down a door? Or maybe John should do an interview....and not mention Josie at all....

Or maybe he could come on twitter and have a lovely chat with JJ, or sunshine or keeva, or mario or someone he knows ...and not respond at all to Josie or any comments about her at all..

That way he will make it obvious he is around and has seen everything...but im sure ignoring Josie will wind her up even more.....

what a sad situation.....and how ludicrous it has all become?

Maybe he will now believe those who have been saying that he shouldnt talk to her in anyway.He should come to twitter and strcictly speak to his fans and ignore Josie and all the haters.He is entertaining them that is why they dont stop provoking him.
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ucra girl wrote: »
    Maybe he will now believe those who have been saying that he shouldnt talk to her in anyway.He should come to twitter and strcictly speak to his fans and ignore Josie and all the haters.He is entertaining them that is why they dont stop provoking him.

This is true, but it's always been his way on twitter to go for the attack, get stuck into the fight. He's never really seemed comfortable with the adulation, never seems to really know what to say. When he visited and chatted for a bit it was the most natural tweeting sessions he'd ever done really, conversational - because he seemed relaxed and happy to converse for a bit; perhaps cause he did have something to say beyond thank you and I love you too. It was a rare occurrence though, lovely as it was :)
  • Lindy_LoueLindy_Loue Posts: 9,874
    Forum Member
    But Alex
    do not make a right

Bib yes puts hand up, me also :o

Well said Georgy :D

Glad you enjoyed it .....I have the same problem sometimes, and I'm definitely older than you, so....:o

Sorry to be MIA....lots going on I'm afraid......family and friends stuff......but I do usually read here at night if not during the day :cool:

So it's hello from me, and goodnight at the same time, I'm afraid....sleep well JJAT :sleep:

Lindy xx
    Forum Member

im here now........

ive had a busy day today..........visiting a friend in cambridge...I love cambridge, its such a cosy kind of city...

but i am here now......:D:p:D
    Forum Member

im really looking forwards to watching this now....roll on this weekend...... I must book my tickets for Bond tomorrow....

this is my daughters birthday week..........we are going up to meet my youngest tomorrow in London, but....it going to be an interesting kind of day....she has about 3 different events planned...and is due to meet loads of friends in different places, so I think im going to just go along with it all....

I have a prefered option......to go to an art gallery and then go out to lunch near trafalgar square, but....it might end up being nothing at all like this!!
    Forum Member

The so-called bad refereeing decisions at the weekend were all a storm in a teacup ..... blown up by the media's obsession with garnering controversial headlines rather than just talking about 2 excellent football matches.

Liverpool's goal was correctly disallowed, albeit for the wrong reason. The guy had his hands all over the defender's shoulders and clearly used them to lever his jump to win the ball.

As for Suarez getting a raw deal, perhaps you should tell that to Sylvain Distain whose achilles heel he trod on (by accident, ofc) ....... the latest in a series of quite nasty incidents involving Suarez where refs have given him benefit of the doubt (aside from the 'diving').

Now for the other match (Chelsea v Man U). The only clear error was made by a linesman, not a referee. The ref's red card decisions were consistent. Indeed he had been lenient in not red-carding Ivanovic for a 2-footed lunge after 20 minutes and Torres for a chest high assault in the first half (yellow card only). Torres fell over voluntarily imo, with slow motion replays showing it was the slightest of brushes of his calf. So he knew he was taking a risk to fall over. And the ref booked Valencia for the same reason. The subsequent allegations by Chelsea against the ref have all the hallmarks of the Mourinho era and the death threats they managed to heap on that poor Swedish referee who was forced into early retirement by their bullyboy whining.

Have to make time for a quick reply to you, though Alex, before I hit the sack! I'm very pleased to see you do follow the footie, although I don't recall you saying much about it before?
    And, point one, I do agree with you about Suarez's foul on Sylvain Distain....that could easily and fairly have resulted in a red card :( He got away with that one.....
    Point two, though...Suarez is booed, chanted against, even briefed against by David Moyes, FGS :eek: I don't want to go back to the Evra issue, but I think he was unfairly treated then and continues to be harassed...so I can't agree with you on that one!

On a slightly different note, did you or bblover or Georgy see the Reading v Arsenal match tonight? I came in at about 80 mins.....Fantastic match :D For anyone who doesn't know, Arsenal finally won 7 - 5, having been 4 - 0 down in the first half. Brilliant game, you just had to feel sorry that one team had to lose...:D A great advertisement for the game, which it needs at the moment ...

And now I really am going to get some sleep......night all :sleep: :sleep:

Lindy xx
    Forum Member
    night Lindy...sleep well...
    Forum Member
    night Lindy...sleep well...

Thanks Marion....you too :) :sleep:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But Alex
    do not make a right
    ;):D

Why not? Two wrongs did make a right in this case. Why get sucked into the media's drama agenda instead of just commenting on a great game of footie!;)
    Lindy_Loue wrote: »
    A great advertisement for the game, which it needs at the moment ...

.... because of the media's drama agenda! :p
    Lindy_Loue wrote: »
    Have to make time for a quick reply to you, though Alex, before I hit the sack! I'm very pleased to see you do follow the footie, although I don't recall you saying much about it before?

Probably a good job ...... as I didn't want to rain on the parade of the DS branch of the LFC Support Club. :D

ps - agree with you about Reading v Arsenal, enjoyable game watching 2 sides who don't try too hard to defend!
    Forum Member
    Why not? Two wrongs did make a right in this case. Why get sucked into the media's drama agenda instead of just commenting on a great game of footie!;)

.... because of the media's drama agenda! :p

Probably a good job ...... as I didn't want to rain on the parade of the DS branch of the LFC Support Club. :D

ps - agree with you about Reading v Arsenal, enjoyable game watching 2 sides who don't try too hard to defend!

not really :o
    because Everton second goal came from
    a throw in, which was another mistake from the
    linesman, it should of been liverpools ;)

i really don,t want to get on the refs cases, and the players are also to blame, with their antics and diving,
    but at least get the simple decisions right and a bit of consistency will go a long way. :D

i didn't get to see the Arsenal and reading match, it sounds like a good one, sorry i missed it :D
    Forum Member
    im really looking forwards to watching this now....roll on this weekend...... I must book my tickets for Bond tomorrow....

this is my daughters birthday week..........we are going up to meet my youngest tomorrow in London, but....it going to be an interesting kind of day....she has about 3 different events planned...and is due to meet loads of friends in different places, so I think im going to just go along with it all....

I have a prefered option......to go to an art gallery and then go out to lunch near trafalgar square, but....it might end up being nothing at all like this!!

i really enjoyed it, and it was good value, because we
    decided to go late afternoon and they had a Tuesday deal
    2 tickets only cost £9.50 :cool:

Have a fun time with your daughter, hope you both have
    a lovely day :D
    Forum Member
    Happy Halloween to the jjat

i do wonder
    if the little Sh*t who egged my car
    will do it again this year :D

So Bring it on you Trick or Treaters :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    but at least get the simple decisions right and a bit of consistency will go a long way. :D

But they aren't simple decisions. That's the point, being a linesman is one of the most difficult jobs imaginable. I'd say that since they changed the law for secondary phases, it's impossible to do that job without mistakes.

The accuracy you're looking for is illusory. Every decision a referee makes is a judgment call, capable of being interpreted in different ways by different folks. If you put every second of play under the microscope (as the media did to spot the erroneous throw-in), then you could go backwards from many other goals to question a decision of an official and argue the goal shouldn't stand.

Your line of thinking (admittedly the majority view, swept along by the media agenda) will take us towards incessant video replays to try to eliminate human "error". But we'll find that creates as many problems as it solves. And you still wouldn't have got your winning goal! ;)
    Forum Member
    i really enjoyed it, and it was good value, because we
    decided to go late afternoon and they had a Tuesday deal
    2 tickets only cost £9.50 :cool:

Have a fun time with your daughter, hope you both have
    a lovely day :D

oh we did have a lovely day.......lunch near covent garden and then shopping at Westfield at Stratford....

shame the tubes were having problems, and it took us an age to get anywhere.....

how is everyone?
    Forum Member
    But they aren't simple decisions. That's the point, being a linesman is one of the most difficult jobs imaginable. I'd say that since they changed the law for secondary phases, it's impossible to do that job without mistakes.

The accuracy you're looking for is illusory. Every decision a referee makes is a judgment call, capable of being interpreted in different ways by different folks. If you put every second of play under the microscope (as the media did to spot the erroneous throw-in), then you could go backwards from many other goals to question a decision of an official and argue the goal shouldn't stand.

Your line of thinking (admittedly the majority view) will take us towards incessant video replays to try to eliminate human "error". But we'll find that creates as many problems as it solves. And you still wouldn't have got your winning goal! ;)

of course its a difficult job
    but when you look back
    you asked yourself did the ref and linesman get most of the calls right
    and on sunday i don't think they did, so for me they had a bad game, not to say he will next week.
    thats all we were saying :D

as for contentious goals, i,m all for video replay, by the time all the players have finished arguing about it with the ref, it would of been decided, doesn't take that long.
    But then i,m used to it, as a rugby fan :D
    Forum Member
    oh we did have a lovely day.......lunch near covent garden and then shopping at Westfield at Stratford....

shame the tubes were having problems, and it took us an age to get anywhere.....

how is everyone?

lovely :D so pleased you had a good day,
    Westfield is great but big

what was the problem with the tubes did they say :(

well i,m fine
    haven't been egged yet :p

but Alex might be lobbing one my way , in the very near future :p
    Forum Member
    lovely :D so pleased you had a good day,
    Westfield is great but big

what was the problem with the tubes did they say :(

well i,m fine
    haven't been egged yet :p

but Alex might be lobbing one my way , in the very near future :p

westfield was crammed.... cos of .half term I think......

my girls managed to find...a new pair of boots and a pair of jeans..... before we beat a hasty retreat.....

The central line was blocked by something all day at Marble arch..and there was a jumper on the picadilly line:(

It was a lovely day........My daughter split up from her first boyfriend a month or so ago, so she has been a bit down...but she seemed almost back to her usual bubbly self...which was nice to see...

But worrying developments with older daughter...a poster of David Beckham has appeared on her door!! I think its cos she likes his tattoos...but its most unusual.:D

... inside her room its tasteful and artistic, but every now and then a poster will appear on the outside of her door ...that isnt !!
This discussion has been closed.