Options

Walking Dead season 2

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was vastly inferior to Episode 1.

Season or Episode?

Each episode seems a lot shorter too. Either that or I'm racing thriough being familiar with the game mechanics etc. Everything seems to be about half the length of the first game.

I felt season 2, episode 3 picked up a bit.
    It was quite a bad ass moment when you had the choice to stay and watch Carver get what he deserved. Was actually hoping for an option where Clementine would take the crowbar and cave his head in herself. Still, I was cheering Kenny on with each blow.

On the escape it was nice when you got the choice to chop off Sarita's arm too, that was another good moment. I did it, btw.

On the "Next time in the Walking Dead" thing at the end, it seems to heading a certain way. Going to see if it does today and finish it off.
    Jane seemed to know how to her handle herself was saying that some of the others were holding Clem back in the preview and on the face of it I'd agree. I'm thinking there might be some division or choice to split who is left or even go it alone.

We've got a one-eyed Kenny who's going a bit mental calling everyone Duck and he's probably one of the better ones. There's one-armed Sarita, useless Sarah if we find her after she ran off, pregnant Rebecca who can't do much in her state, Bonnie who I still don't trust as she led Carver to the group and Nick is still with my group who quite frankly is an idiot.

The best people appear to be Jane and Mike who I know the least about, and Luke is ok I suppose. I'm an 11-year old girl who is looking to survive, not babysit others so those in the previous paragraph can largely do one, lol.
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The season overall, Clementine being the main was a real hinderance on the writing and story I feel.
  • Options
    sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, it certainly changed the dynamic. When playing as Lee I felt the need to protect more and try to weigh up self interest vs. others (largely Clementine's) interest. Playing as Clementine I just wanted keep her safe and I felt myself not caring about anyone else to a large degree.
    In the end I almost got my wish, finishing alone apart from AJ. So much for not babysitting!
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This post contains spoilers. Don't read if you don't wanna know :D

Replaying at the moment. It sorta annoys me in episode two they refer to Matthew and Walter as "friends" all the time, when it's quite clear that they are together. Walter refers to Matthew as his "partner" once and then Luke finds a picture of them hugging on holiday prior to the outbreak. Then you have his reaction when he finds out that Matthew is dead.

Wonder why TellTale decided to cover it up like this, whilst also making it so obvious...
  • Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Finally got a replacement Vita today & got round to playing episode 5 having waited 6 months since playing episode 4 & avoiding every spoiler possible!

One of my favourite episodes in the whole game so far. Leaves me wondering though...
    how will season 3 start? I left with Kenny in the end but after reading spoilers, it seems you could've been left on your own with AJ or could you have gone with Jane too instead of Kenny if you chose to shoot him?

Roll on season 3!!
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The final episode was interesting because you are left with 4 different endings depending on your choice, where as the season 1 ended in only one way. So i think season 3 will open up more doors than ever. However i was let down about what a small part most of the characters from 400 days played. Bonnie became a key character, but the others all had very small cameos and that was it. It was annoying because i felt i got to know them during 400 days and to have everyone apart from Bonnie just become a background character made it feel a waste of time in 400 days every really being created or being played.

While I did find the season 2 group slightly weakerindividuals than the season 1 group, season 1 felt slightly mature and pulled out some amazing twists.
  • Options
    WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,463
    Forum Member
    Look for @telltalegames TWD news really soon. Or harass @kevbru or @jobjstauffer until they break.
    [twitter]

Something like '400 days' probably.
  • Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    I wonder if saves will work cross gen for the next season
  • Options
    PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    S3 is skipping a few years ahead to Clem in her teenage years so I don't think the end of S2 will have much impact on S3.