Options

Disc management-more like mismanagement

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 785
Forum Member
✭✭
I have searched this section to no avail so was wondering if anyone could help or point in the right direction or just give me some peace of mind.
I set my disc management to manual, watch tv all night,switch off Sky + and go to bed.
I wake in the morning turn on SKy + and my disc management is back at automatic,this is so frustrating because i keep having to put KEEP on my recordings.
Has anybody else had or have this problems and is there a fix.(apart from phoning sky or system resets)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you save the setting before leaving it's menu screen?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jarrak wrote:
    Do you save the setting before leaving it's menu screen?
    Yes, everytime.
    I have saved settings then come out and gone back in and saved again all to no avail until the next day.
  • Options
    davemurgatroyddavemurgatroyd Posts: 13,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Try a forced software download you may have corrupted software.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Try a forced software download you may have corrupted software.

As far as i am aware the software is up to date
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,579
    Forum Member
    chas smash wrote:
    As far as i am aware the software is up to date

davemurgatroyd, is suggesting a forced download because your software may have become corrupted not that it is an old version
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 286
    Forum Member
    Not wishing to divert thread but what is the actual difference between manual and auto disk management
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    topgazza wrote:
    Not wishing to divert thread but what is the actual difference between manual and auto disk management

If Auto is selected the SKY+ will delete recordings if disk space is getting low, the programs chosen for deletion will be chosen on the basis of being recorded and not viewed, recorded and viewed and the status of the "keep" setting.
    The manual option leaves all that to the user with the threat of failed recordings if the hdd empty space is less than the program requires.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    srhill wrote:
    davemurgatroyd, is suggesting a forced download because your software may have become corrupted not that it is an old version
    I have just done that,checked system and changed to manual.
    Turned sky off and on and still no change.