Semi final song and dance list.

2»

Comments

• Options
    streetwisestreetwise Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why? She has two good dances and songs.

I'm very hopeful of a great AT, but I'm concerned about the Rumba. Will Kevin be able to do 'sexy' convincingly?
  • Options
    Mr CellophaneMr Cellophane Posts: 2,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    streetwise wrote: »
    I'm very hopeful of a great AT, but I'm concerned about the Rumba. Will Kevin be able to do 'sexy' convincingly?

I'm pretty concerned about both - I can't remember his rumba last year, but he seems too manic to be great at it. And he really doesn't seem to have progressed Frankie that much.

They could easily be in the DO, and OUT.

No pop princesses in the final - OMG!
  • Options
    MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm pretty concerned about both - I can't remember his rumba last year, but he seems too manic to be great at it. And he really doesn't seem to have progressed Frankie that much.

They could easily be in the DO, and OUT.

No pop princesses in the final - OMG!

s'because Susanna never did a rumba. It was the dance she skipped.
  • Options
    lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im voting for Frankie this week if there is ever a week she needs votes its this one
  • Options
    wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Samba to ‘I Like To Move It’ by Reel 2 Real? A bangin' tune at last! :)

Reminds me of the Madagascar animated movie :D

I hope Simon & Kristina can do a good samba to this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdcTmpvDO0I
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can see what you mean, the percussion in that is pretty cool.

I've asked about connections /similarities between Brazilian Carnival and Caribbean Carnival already this week (I don't think anyone answered! Ha!) and now I hear the song choice I really do suspect they are going for a Caribbean flavour.

If Simon can loosen up sufficiently, this could be a much better than average SCD male celeb Samba...

I think that one is too slow, but the original maybe a bit too fast. Somewhere in between, I hope...
  • Options
    GeorgeMarshGeorgeMarsh Posts: 1,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's so funny that people are saying Frankie hasn't progressed, you should watch all her dances back.
  • Options
    daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lewismacf wrote: »
    Im voting for Frankie this week if there is ever a week she needs votes its this one
    I think it has the potential to be quite lovely ... good song anyway (rumba.)
  • Options
    daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's so funny that people are saying Frankie hasn't progressed, you should watch all her dances back.
    I watched them all yesterday and still think she peaked with her Paso and Tango. It's looked a bit messy since .. good dancing but not quite polished. Possibly cos of less practice time and illness etc. Love her though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No her ballroom has improved a lot, compare her waltz and foxtrott to her Tango, Quickstep and VW technically she's improved a lot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No her ballroom has improved a lot, compare her waltz and foxtrott to her Tango, Quickstep and VW technically she's improved a lot.

OK, I'll buy that (I'm insufficiently dedicated to check back through all her dances) - it is their Latin I find underwhelming, and I just feel she might have done better with a different pro.

I must figure out how to vote on line, I haven't been bothered up to now, but I want Frankie in the final.
  • Options
    VicsMumVicsMum Posts: 5,666
    Forum Member
    As I do every week when I see the list, I google the songs I don't know so I know what I'll be listening to. So when I saw Frankie's tango choice I wondered what would ‘The 5th’ by David Garrett" be. It turns out it's a psychogoth violinist murdering Beethoven's 5th Symphony.
    Good job Beethoven died a deaf man, otherwise he could rise from the dead hearing this astounding piece of rubbish.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is so much talk on Frankie's Latin not being any good but what Caroline's ballroom which is not her strong point?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    daziechain wrote: »
    I think it has the potential to be quite lovely ... good song anyway (rumba.)

It's a slow piece but has no underpinning rumba rhythm.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VicsMum wrote: »
    As I do every week when I see the list, I google the songs I don't know so I know what I'll be listening to. So when I saw Frankie's tango choice I wondered what would ‘The 5th’ by David Garrett" be. It turns out it's a psychogoth violinist murdering Beethoven's 5th Symphony.
    Good job Beethoven died a deaf man, otherwise he could rise from the dead hearing this astounding piece of rubbish.

Oh crumbs! You're not cheering me up here.
  • Options
    VicsMumVicsMum Posts: 5,666
    Forum Member
    Oh crumbs! You're not cheering me up here.

It's horrific, I never want to listen to this ever again. I might as well mute the telly and watch Frankie's tango to a soundless TV.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well will see how it goes on the night.
  • Options
    erin_perin_p Posts: 25,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here’s a first look at the Strictly Come Dancing celebs in training for Saturday night’s live semi final!

Pixie Lott became the latest to be kicked out last weekend in what was arguably one of the show’s biggest shock exits EVER.

The former favourite leaves just five celebs in the running and the competition really is wide open.

This weekend the remaining couples will each be putting on another new dance routine… and then another as they all take on two full brand new performances for the first time this series.

Those left in the contest are Xtra Factor’s Caroline Flack, singer Frankie Bridge and Eastenders actor Jake Wood, who are all now equally favoured to win the Glitterball trophy.

Joining them are Blue singer Simon Webbe and TOWIE’s Mark Wright, both underdogs going into the penultimate live show.

Simon was in the bottom two again last week for the third time, but was saved by the judges after his dance off against Pixie Lott.

Watch how the group are getting along in training with their pro partners in the video clip above!
  • Options
    londongirlGrelondongirlGre Posts: 23,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wazzyboy wrote: »
    Reminds me of the Madagascar animated movie :D

I hope Simon & Kristina can do a good samba to this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdcTmpvDO0I

It's looking good in the rehearsal clip.