Strictly "All Stars"

Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Now we have 6 female winners and 6 male winners, would now be a perfect time for an all stars series??

:)

Comments

• SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure an All Stars series would really work. The DOI one felt a bit pointless.
  • StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    I would love an all stars series! :)
    Forum Member
    Saturn wrote: »
    I'm not sure an All Stars series would really work. The DOI one felt a bit pointless.

I loved the Dancing On Ice All Stars, and to be honest, for me that was my favourite season of it but the tv ratings didn't agree with me! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved the Dancing On Ice All Stars, and to be honest, for me that was my favourite season of it but the tv ratings didn't agree with me! :D

I suppose with SCD at least the winner wouldn't be obvious from the beginning!
    Forum Member
    Saturn wrote: »
    I suppose with SCD at least the winner wouldn't be obvious from the beginning!

That isn't strictly true, it was fairly close between Ray and Hayley in the final, and I think Hayley was top with public vote almost every week. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The All Star season was brilliant on the American version of the show. I'd recommend watching it, they did amazing new dances like mambo and the judges had .5 paddles too.
  • Ellie1967Ellie1967 Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice idea, but I think too many of the winners have moved on to other things in their careers (and so have some of their pros) so I'm not sure who they'd get to do it.

I don't think Natasha, Jill, Alesha, Tom, Kara or Harry would do it. Some of the others maybe, but they'd probably have more success getting runners up like Rachel Stevens, who always seems to be available for a special.

Even if they did do it, I think it would be a bit weird to see them with different pros and would probably tarnish the memory of their win if they then went out first in an all-star series or were just a bit more rubbish than everyone remembered.
  • amelia_leeamelia_lee Posts: 11,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would love an all stars, but not just winners, amazing dancers too such as Pixie, Natalie Rachael and Colin, to name a few.

BTW earlier I was compiling a list of my possible all stars.;-)
  • LovesATangoLovesATango Posts: 3,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DON'T DO IT! The idea of "all stars" is great, but executing it properly is almost impossible. So I would rather Strictly not give it a go. Let each series (and each champion couple) stand on their own.

The US show tried it and failed miserably -- horrible, horrible season! Some celebs got their original partners, others were paired with new partners. Some celebs were champions of their season, others weren't. Worst of all for me, the producers had their hands all over the result.

It was hideous!!! Left a horrible taste; not sure I ever recovered (to be honest). >:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That isn't strictly true, it was fairly close between Ray and Hayley in the final, and I think Hayley was top with public vote almost every week. :)

I thought it was obvious as soon as the cast list was revealed!
  • Angela FAngela F Posts: 3,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe for a final series like they did with DOI and with a mixture of previous winners and semi/quarter finalists over the years (similar to some of the live tours).
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who would be the Todd Carty in that instance though?
  • blueface2222blueface2222 Posts: 3,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NO WAY.

Winners will become losers.

and i just know Louis Smith would win it...

SO NO!

Everyone won, it'll discredit what they'd done in the past and thats not what this show is about.

Alesha Dixon wouldn't have even be heard of again if she hadn't won her Strictly series.
  • j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    DON'T DO IT! The idea of "all stars" is great, but executing it properly is almost impossible. So I would rather Strictly not give it a go. Let each series (and each champion couple) stand on their own.

The US show tried it and failed miserably -- horrible, horrible season! Some celebs got their original partners, others were paired with new partners. Some celebs were champions of their season, others weren't. Worst of all for me, the producers had their hands all over the result.

It was hideous!!! Left a horrible taste; not sure I ever recovered (to be honest). >:(

Strictly is "engineered" too, but DWTS takes it to a new level. I can't watch the show any more because of the Derek bias etc.
  • Strictly_fanStrictly_fan Posts: 16,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nooooo not keen on that. It will just be like the Dancing On Ice all stars boring. We all know what they are like. Maybe as a Christmas or Children in Need special but not as a whole series
    Forum Member
    Who would be the Todd Carty in that instance though?

Ann Widdecombe! :D
  • Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    Wouldn't work with winners from all series. The winners from series one are now 10 plus years older and dance content has evolved.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rather than the winners I'd rather see some of the favourites back to dance again like Pixie, Jake, maybe 'Tham' and my personal favourite Julian Clary. :D

Mind you, to see Alesha dance again would also be great. My favourite winner. :cool:
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't they do something similar to this with the Christmas specials? I remember in 2006 they had a 6 of Colin and Darren, along with final 4 of Series 4.

(Although I can't remember who Lilia partnered in this instance)
  • kochspostulateskochspostulates Posts: 3,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HALibutt wrote: »
    Rather than the winners I'd rather see some of the favourites back to dance again like Pixie, Jake, maybe 'Tham' and my personal favourite Julian Clary. :D

Mind you, to see Alesha dance again would also be great. My favourite winner. :cool:

What about one where the people who were voted out in the first week came back? More of a level playing field as they would be all a tad rubbish?
  • VicsMumVicsMum Posts: 5,666
    Forum Member
    It's an interesting idea but I don't think it would work. It wouldn't be fair to put in the same competition people who won nearly ten years ago (Natasha, Jill) with the last couple of winnners. Some pro dancers have left and original partnerships would be broken. These are just some of the issues an all star series would be present so it's best not bother with it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HALibutt wrote: »

Sadly I doubt she will ever come back as she left them for ITV and wasn't very praising of them when she did go over. She seems tied into ITV now.
    One of my favourite SCD moments was when she started her cha cha, the confidence of it and the striking the band into song, I just loved it!!
  • VicsMumVicsMum Posts: 5,666
    Forum Member
    amelia_lee wrote: »
    Sadly I doubt she will ever come back as she left them for ITV and wasn't very praising of them when she did go over. She seems tied into ITV now.
    One of my favourite SCD moments was when she started her cha cha, the confidence of it and the striking the band into song, I just loved it!!

Could you refresh my memory, please? I can't remember what happened:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    VicsMum wrote: »
    Could you refresh my memory, please? I can't remember what happened:confused:

I seem to remember a few articles where she wasn't very complimentary of the show or the judges after she left.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    amelia_lee wrote: »
    I seem to remember a few articles where she wasn't very complimentary of the show or the judges after she left.

Sometimes throwing a shed load of cash their way changes their minds. ;-)