Options

Sky Sports News studio

191011121315»

Comments

• Options
    HaydenHayden Posts: 32,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty as she is, Kate comes across as rather ditzy.
    She hasn't got Millie's erm... gravitas.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    She does make a few mistakes but she speaks a handful of languages and is good value when talking about Euopean or world football and pronounciations.
  • Options
    BFGArmyBFGArmy Posts: 28,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hayden wrote: »
    Is Millie Clode coming back?

She's back on air right now actually.

She's always been one of my favourite SSN presenters so it's good to have her back on-screen.
  • Options
    Tarriq IbrahimTarriq Ibrahim Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    I'm guessing Charlie Webster has been dropped as I haven't seen her on SSN for months?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm guessing Charlie Webster has been dropped as I haven't seen her on SSN for months?

I asked this question a few weeks ago. She's a busy lass. I was told she does the Speedway but nothing else on SS
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I asked this question a few weeks ago. She's a busy lass. I was told she does the Speedway but nothing else on SS

She sometimes presents triathlon/athletics programmes on Channel 4 on saturday/Sunday mornings.
  • Options
    linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was a very different transfer deadline day last night no fans, empty stadiums with the lights off and no Natalie Sawyer...
  • Options
    JudioJudio Posts: 11,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They still had their stupid yellow ties and yellow dresses

Oh yes and also

Nothing really happenend

What a waste of a day !!!!
  • Options
    JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Judio wrote: »
    They still had their stupid yellow ties and yellow dresses

Oh yes and also

Nothing really happenend

What a waste of a day !!!!

I can understand what they do, but colour coding dressing is really sad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was a very different transfer deadline day last night no fans, empty stadiums with the lights off and no Natalie Sawyer...

Natalie was on earlier in the day, wearing an ordinary blue dress. I guess Kate Abdo is the Queen Bee at SSN now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even the media never took it well:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2937283/Transfer-deadline-day-exciting-without-circus-acts-Thierry-Henry-Kate-Abdo-Robbie-Savage.html

Hope Sky take note as for once it was very boring watching the deadline day coverage..zzzzz
  • Options
    pakokelso93pakokelso93 Posts: 11,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even the media never took it well:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2937283/Transfer-deadline-day-exciting-without-circus-acts-Thierry-Henry-Kate-Abdo-Robbie-Savage.html

Hope Sky take note as for once it was very boring watching the deadline day coverage..zzzzz

Maybe a French football deadline specific show was needed.

In all seriousness one thing everyone/press seem have banged on about Abdo 'replacing' Sawyer when she was alongside Sawyer in the last two transfer windows! It was McQueen who was the one that replaced Sawyer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In all seriousness one thing everyone/press seem have banged on about Abdo 'replacing' Sawyer when she was alongside Sawyer in the last two transfer windows! It was McQueen who was the one that replaced Sawyer.

I found both them better. Sky Sports News is in a transitional phase lots of chopping and changing presenters. The 3pm slot is quite weak right now. Sky also seem to use a lot of pundits these days feels like too many opinions. I await to see if BT do anything interesting next season with the Champions League.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe a French football deadline specific show was needed.

Not really, Kate replaced Natalie as Co-anchor, with Hayley taking up the supporting role Kate had before.
  • Options
    JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found both them better. Sky Sports News is in a transitional phase lots of chopping and changing presenters. The 3pm slot is quite weak right now. Sky also seem to use a lot of pundits these days feels like too many opinions. I await to see if BT do anything interesting next season with the Champions League.

They may be in a transitional phase, but they still putting their male presenters as lead presenters. Even more so since the revamp.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JordyD wrote: »
    They may be in a transitional phase, but they still putting their male presenters as lead presenters. Even more so since the revamp.

Ed Chamberlin use to be quite a good presenter however he moved to the Monday Night Football. I've noticed a few new faces on the channel lately so they seem to be finding there way a bit..
  • Options
    Mr NewshoundMr Newshound Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...and it's all change again.

On the same day that ‘Sky Sports The Open’ launches, Sky Sports’ channel numbers will change with Sky Sports News HQ moving to Sky electronic programme guide (EPG) number 406, with Sky Sports 1 becoming 401.

Sky Sports Channel listings 11 July

401 Sky Sports 1 (Sky Sports The Open)
    402 Sky Sports 2
    403 Sky Sports 3
    404 Sky Sports 4
    405 Sky Sports 5
    406 Sky Sports News HQ
    407 Sky Sports F1®

https://corporate.sky.com/media-centre/news-page/2016/sky-sports-to-show-first-tee-shot-at-the-open-live-for-the-first-time
  • Options
    BMoxBMox Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    ...and it's all change again.

On the same day that ‘Sky Sports The Open’ launches, Sky Sports’ channel numbers will change with Sky Sports News HQ moving to Sky electronic programme guide (EPG) number 406, with Sky Sports 1 becoming 401.

Sky Sports Channel listings 11 July

401 Sky Sports 1 (Sky Sports The Open)
    402 Sky Sports 2
    403 Sky Sports 3
    404 Sky Sports 4
    405 Sky Sports 5
    406 Sky Sports News HQ
    407 Sky Sports F1®

https://corporate.sky.com/media-centre/news-page/2016/sky-sports-to-show-first-tee-shot-at-the-open-live-for-the-first-time

Might have taken them a while, but they have seen sense.

Haapy days.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BMox wrote: »

Haapy days.

Are they going to drop the silly HQ bit as well?
  • Options
    Jason CJason C Posts: 31,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BMox wrote: »

Are we sure this wasn't intended all along?

Promote the channel to the top of the order to make everyone aware of its relaunch, and once they are, put it back down again.
  • Options
    arunan22arunan22 Posts: 1,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This makes me very happy! (Probably more than it should!)