Sam Bailey dropped by Syco

13»

Comments

• twellstwells Posts: 1,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jude007 wrote: »
    To be fair to, what else do these so called singers expect. A lot of them can maybe sing a bit, but have never grafted, singing in pubs, going from record company to record company trying to get heard.

They want the promise of a career and lots of money without having to do any actual graft.

And you know that how?

The teenagers, you may have a point. But with most of the older ones , I think you'll find they've been singing everywhere they could get a job or even free. BGT or X-Factor was just another chance to get noticed. You'll find that even the most famous case, Susan Boyle, had been singing around her region for 25 years, at pubs, and workingmen's clubs and prize competitions before BGT scouts heard of her and invited her to audition.
  • twellstwells Posts: 1,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lewnaticc wrote: »
    She's destined for musical theatre. Whoever thought she was going to be a big record seller needs a reality check. She's a talented singer, but come on. She'll find her feet after this, but it won't be in the charts.

Has Sam Bailey had any theatrical training? Can she act, dance? The idea that musical theatre is a dumping ground for failed record artists is ludicrous. There are plenty of people with great voices, who have had all that training, competing for all those jobs.
  • rkidrkid Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    habby wrote: »
    I just read she's releasing her autobiography. :o

"I was a prison warder. I won a overrated singing competition. The end!!" ^_^

That's not fair it should read "I was a Chavvy prison warder..etc.. ":D