Options

Does anyone actually look forward to the new year?

Butterfly8588Butterfly8588 Posts: 701
Forum Member
✭✭
Every year i count down to the new year with everyone else, carried away with the joy and thinking this year will be much better then last, i mean it cant get much worse can it???
But it always seems to be! i just cannot believe my crappy luck sometimes.
Do any of you look forward to the new year??

Comments

• Options
    gmphmacgmphmac Posts: 2,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love New Year. It always marks a time for change. If the previous year has been bad, then you can say goodbye to it forever at the stroke of Midnight and start afresh.
  • Options
    ChibiCandiChibiCandi Posts: 966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont like it, makes me feel worse and reminds me of all the things I've got to get done.:(
  • Options
    tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah new year new start new job :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am for the first time in ages. I had a great year last year, and I know it'll continue next year. I'll probably need to go back to my profession, which kinda sucks, but it is more money so every cloud and all that. I also will be so so SO much happier in my personal life because my divorce will be over. I'm really looking forward to next year. This is my happy face.
  • Options
    queenshaksqueenshaks Posts: 10,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not usually. But I've had such a shite 2010, I'm hoping 2011 will be better or I'm kicking ass!
  • Options
    *weeschmoo**weeschmoo* Posts: 9,713
    Forum Member
    I am kinda hoping that I can have a better 2011 than I did 2010 and 2009 they have been truly hellish. I am hoping to build on what good I have and hopefully better health for me and my auld faither.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jennymoo wrote: »
    I am for the first time in ages. I had a great year last year, and I know it'll continue next year. I'll probably need to go back to my profession, which kinda sucks, but it is more money so every cloud and all that. I also will be so so SO much happier in my personal life because my divorce will be over. I'm really looking forward to next year. This is my happy face.

It''s nice to read a positive post. Good for you. Good luck for next year. :):)

Personally I can do without New Years. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It''s nice to read a positive post. Good for you. Good luck for next year. :):)

Personally I can do without New Years. :)

Thank you. Aw the best to you too amigo.
  • Options
    PencilPencil Posts: 5,700
    Forum Member
    There's no such thing as dates, only in the minds of the socially synchronised, who are also thoughtless sheep in so many ways. In the grand scheme of things, dates are unnatural human inventions, aimed at organising our lives.

Dates are useful for marking history, organisation at work and frivolous, little things. New Years Eve/Day is just another excuse to throw a party.
  • Options
    Manly BarrilowManly Barrilow Posts: 1,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I couldn't be more nonplussed if I tried.

To me it's just a date on the calender due to happen sometime after the 31st December.

I do look forward to warmer weather, but that won't be happening any time soon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pencil wrote: »
    There's no such thing as dates, only in the minds of the socially synchronised, who are also thoughtless sheep in so many ways. In the grand scheme of things, dates are unnatural human inventions, aimed at organising our lives.

Dates are useful for marking history, organisation at work and frivolous, little things. New Years Eve/Day is just another excuse to throw a party.

Well hello there Buzz Killington.
  • Options
    #grotbags##grotbags# Posts: 1,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nope. makes me sad. :(
  • Options
    mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    #grotbags# wrote: »

Same here - I've always found New Year deeply depressing for some reason. :o
  • Options
    Kaz159Kaz159 Posts: 11,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeah new year new start new job :)

Congrats :)

I'm hoping next year is better for my family, especially my daughter who has had a fair few probs this year (health).

I'd like to keep my job (survived redundancy this year) and just not have any major disastors.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am :) It's a fresh start.
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,964
    Forum Member
    For many of us who work in the public sector it will be a pretty bad new year. But I'm an optimist. Change means opportunity.
  • Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, I'm glad to see Christmas over and know that Spring is on it's way.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not really, I have never celebrated it and only do the countdown which is quickly followed by going to bed and just getting on with it!
  • Options
    cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    #grotbags# wrote: »
    Same here, although i'm not sure why!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Live life by the day that's my motto :D Birthdays, New Year, it's nothing in the grand scheme of things is it! Mind you it never ceases to amaze me how you can have a fantastic day for some random known/unknown arsehole to turn it to shit in one fell swoop by one remark/action. You know what I mean?
  • Options
    TPLTPL Posts: 2,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not so much this year. I'm not going out so it reduces the whole event to just another night.
  • Options
    CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No certainly not, why would anyone, a new year is a year nearer death for everyone. Unless of course, anyone here has a death wish, and look forward eagerly to the day they die.
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mazzy50 wrote: »
    Same here - I've always found New Year deeply depressing for some reason. :o

Ooh me too, that mournful 'Auld Lang Syne' dirge doesn't help either :(
  • Options
    CloneClownCloneClown Posts: 6,296
    Forum Member
    I value the passing of time and reflecting upon what I have done over the years and months, and then thinking ahead to the future.

To me, it doesn't feel as if we are are at the start of the new decade but perhaps that's because for the first time there's nothing set in place compared to the 90s and 00s when I went through school and university.

I do enjoy celebrating New Year. :)
  • Options
    CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »
    Ooh me too, that mournful 'Auld Lang Syne' dirge doesn't help either :(

That horrible discordant tuneless wail of bagpipes that sounds like a tom cat has been castrated with two half bricks :D