SCD Week 1 Discussion Thread - Friday 9pm/Saturday 7pm

cwickhamcwickham Posts: 10,270
Forum Member
✭✭
Well, it's probably time to get this show on the road.

You know the drill by now - six celebrities dance Friday, nine celebrities dance Saturday, no elimination this week but all scores will be carried over and combined with week 2's. This year, though, it's not just waltz and cha-cha in week 1, for some reason.

Dancers, dances and songs follow:

Dancing on Friday
Ashley & Ola - Cha-Cha-Cha to "What Makes You Beautiful" by One Direction
Mark & Iveta - Tango to "Hernando's Hideaway" by Alma Cogan
Natalie & Artem - Cha-Cha-Cha to "Rasputin" by Boney M
Sophie & Brendan - Waltz to "Moon River" by Audrey Hepburn
Susanna & Kevin - Jive to "Shake Your Tail Feather" by the Blues Brothers
Tony & Aliona - Waltz to "What'll I Do" by Alison Krauss

Dancing on Saturday
Abbey & Aljaž - Waltz to "Kissing You" by Des'ree
Ben & Kristina - Cha-Cha-Cha to "Love Me Again" by John Newman
Dave & Karen - Cha-Cha-Cha to "Moves Like Jagger" by Maroon 5
Deborah & Robin - Tango to "Money Money Money" by ABBA
Fiona & Anton - Tango to "A View to a Kill" by Duran Duran
Julien & Janette - Cha-Cha-Cha to "Vogue" by Madonna
Patrick & Anya - Jive to "Runaway Baby" by Bruno Mars
Rachel & Pasha - Waltz to "When I Need You" by Luther Vandross
Vanessa & James - Cha-Cha-Cha to "That Don't Impress Me Much" by Shania Twain

And that's everything!

Comments

• mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,908
    Forum Member
    Thought that I'd pop in and say hi. I won't be watching this weekend because I'll be in London seeing my favourite band live for the first time in three years. I'll be catching up on Sunday.

Looks as if I'll be doing that most weeks seeing as I have a weekend evening job :(

Enjoy the show, guys! :)
  • Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phew, a show thread, I can relax now. ;)
  • J-ZeeJ-Zee Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm giddy already, can't wait....
  • Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I assume there is more of a mix of dances due to having a bigger starting field than we have had in the last few years. I believe the number of celebs grew to 16 at some point but I certainly remember my own enthusiasm flagging 2/3rds of the way through. But anyway, two dances danced by 15 couples would have been a little monotonous, especially as we are getting two shows back-to-back this year.
  • cwickhamcwickham Posts: 10,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I assume there is more of a mix of dances due to having a bigger starting field than we have had in the last few years. I believe the number of celebs grew to 16 at some point but I certainly remember my own enthusiasm flagging 2/3rds of the way through. But anyway, two dances danced by 15 couples would have been a little monotonous, especially as we are getting two shows back-to-back this year.

It's only one more couple than the last three years, which also used an identical Friday/Saturday split, and it wasn't an issue then...
  • Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cwickham wrote: »
    It's only one more couple than the last three years, which also used an identical Friday/Saturday split, and it wasn't an issue then...

Maybe not for you, but it is for me. I find two dances among that many couples is repetitive and prefer to see more of a mix. I also think it is good to have different levels of dance difficulty to reflect the contestants varying levels of ability. If someone can do a good jive after 3 weeks training, better to see that than have them show up a complete new-to-dancing celeb's competent CCC.
  • jiver51jiver51 Posts: 848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the thread cwickham, catch you all later when the show airs tonight , it's been a long three weeks from the launch show.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If someone can do a good jive after 3 weeks training, better to see that than have them show up a complete new-to-dancing celeb's competent CCC.

Of course, all that depends on either of the couples doing it actually being able to do a jive. I guess I'm not really against opening things up from week 1 for variety's sake, but jive and tango are really odd, if not cruel, options.

I can't see where it says there that he's first (although it would make sense - fast latin, most recognisable song, and he's not likely to be very good so no fear of having to score too high, too soon).
  • dollymix53dollymix53 Posts: 8,976
    Forum Member
    Will tonight's show be actually live or maybe pre_recorded as it's only 1hr long & not starting till 9pm, looking forward to it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dollymix53 wrote: »
    Will tonight's show be actually live or maybe pre_recorded as it's only 1hr long & not starting till 9pm, looking forward to it.

Both shows this weekend are live (or there's going to be some very disappointed ticket-holders!)
  • Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I can't see where it says there that he's first (although it would make sense - fast latin, most recognisable song, and he's not likely to be very good so no fear of having to score too high, too soon).

I can't see it either. :confused: I also hope from his first reply that he's just left his fiancée at home, rather than having left her for good. :p:D
  • SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, it's probably time to get this show on the road.

You know the drill by now - six celebrities dance Friday, nine celebrities dance Saturday, no elimination this week but all scores will be carried over and combined with week 2's. This year, though, it's not just waltz and cha-cha in week 1, for some reason.

Dancers, dances and songs follow:

Dancing on Friday
    Ashley & Ola - Cha-Cha-Cha to "What Makes You Beautiful" by One Direction
    Mark & Iveta - Tango to "Hernando's Hideaway" by Alma Cogan
    Natalie & Artem - Cha-Cha-Cha to "Rasputin" by Boney M
    Sophie & Brendan - Waltz to "Moon River" by Audrey Hepburn
    Susanna & Kevin - Jive to "Shake Your Tail Feather" by the Blues Brothers
    Tony & Aliona - Waltz to "What'll I Do" by Alison Krauss

Dancing on Saturday
    Abbey & Aljaž - Waltz to "Kissing You" by Des'ree
    Ben & Kristina - Cha-Cha-Cha to "Love Me Again" by John Newman
    Dave & Karen - Cha-Cha-Cha to "Moves Like Jagger" by Maroon 5
    Deborah & Robin - Tango to "Money Money Money" by ABBA
    Fiona & Anton - Tango to "A View to a Kill" by Duran Duran
    Julien & Janette - Cha-Cha-Cha to "Vogue" by Madonna
    Patrick & Anya - Jive to "Runaway Baby" by Bruno Mars
    Rachel & Pasha - Waltz to "When I Need You" by Luther Vandross
    Vanessa & James - Cha-Cha-Cha to "That Don't Impress Me Much" by Shania Twain

And that's everything!

Is this the sequence they are going to dance in?:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, it's just in alphabetical order.
  • dollymix53dollymix53 Posts: 8,976
    Forum Member
    Both shows this weekend are live (or there's going to be some very disappointed ticket-holders!)

Thanks. I know it is live tonight, but just wondered if it maybe just filmed earlier to fit in with just 1 hr slot. Or maybe if they may run over , once Brucie starts ;). As this is first show
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, it's just in alphabetical order.

Thanks.:)
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Alli-F wrote: »
    I can't see it either. :confused: I also hope from his first reply that he's just left his fiancée at home, rather than having left her for good. :p:D

'The Hollyoaks star will open the first live show tonight'
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'The Hollyoaks star will open the first live show tonight'

...It doesn't say that in the article.
    Forum Member
    ...It doesn't say that in the article.

I assumed that as it's the article's sub-heading, it would be in the article.

Does it really matter whether it was in the article or not over the information it holds?
  • F1KenF1Ken Posts: 4,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can Bruce make it to the end???????? Huw Edwards could always come on early to help up.

edit. Bugger it's Friday! And Huw doesn't do Fridays!!!

Ken
  • Roland MouseRoland Mouse Posts: 9,531
    Forum Member
    Oh is it on so late tonight? I thought this was a family early evening show, not an after the watershed one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh is it on so late tonight? I thought this was a family early evening show, not an after the watershed one.

Don't speak too soon. Sir Bruce might surprise you... *shudders*
  • TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It would not surprise me if they have put it on later because of the tattoos and skimpiness of the costumes.
    Forum Member
    TerryM22 wrote: »
    It would not surprise me if they have put it on later because of the tattoos and skimpiness of the costumes.

It would not surprise me if they put it on later because it's worked well in the 9pm Friday slot for the past four years, either. ;) And I didn't see many tattoos on Lynda Bellingham.
  • lewiep93lewiep93 Posts: 5,880
    Forum Member
    TerryM22 wrote: »

I sincerely hope this is a joke.

Way too excited for tonight! Have chocolate cake in preparation for it :D