Options

Can Caroline win?

Liza with a ZeeLiza with a Zee Posts: 1,194
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I want Catoline to win. She's a lovely dancer and has improved throughout the process loved watching her dance. She's not one of the judges favourites though.

Comments

• Options
    MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So would I. One in the eye for Cowell and a win for Pasha - what could be better.

Oddly enough Caroline also seems to be the least un-popular. ^_^
  • Options
    mammacassimammacassi Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    I thought she was by far the best last night, but her watdrobe malfunctions did her no favours, but the judges are not fans they would rather blatantly overmark Jake and Mark who IMO were no better than 7s or 8s at a push.
  • Options
    humpty dumptyhumpty dumpty Posts: 4,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shes my favourite. Hasn't had too much in her favour - from ugly dresses, to being in the dance-off, being undermarked (imo) and wardrobe malfunctions.

I'd love her to win, but I'm just not sure how much public support she has out there. Her dances are the ones I want to watch again on youtube - its more than technique for me, but not sure what it is she has, just that she brings something to the dancefloor that engages me more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shes my favourite. Hasn't had too much in her favour - from ugly dresses, to being in the dance-off, being undermarked (imo) and wardrobe malfunctions.

I'd love her to win, but I'm just not sure how much public support she has out there. Her dances are the ones I want to watch again on youtube - its more than technique for me, but not sure what it is she has, just that she brings something to the dancefloor that engages me more.

For me it is because she is not technically perfect there seems to be some heart & soul put into her dances.
  • Options
    Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want Caroline to win.
    Looking at the polls on here she is popular.
  • Options
    StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    Monaogg wrote: »
    So would I. One in the eye for Cowell and a win for Pasha - what could be better.

:D:D:D

I would like her, Pixie or Frankie to win EQUALLY, and that is the first time EVER that I want 3 people to win!! :D

Caroline always gets under marked. I mean a 7 from Craig last night was ridiculous! >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me it is because she is not technically perfect there seems to be some heart & soul put into her dances.

That could be it. She seems to really love dance. I won't deny that shes one of my favourite personalities there, but thats not the main reason why shes my favourite, I genuinely do enjoy her dances more. I'm just not sure how popular she is out there....however Abbey won it last year despite being in the dance-off so hopefully some nice dresses and no slips on the dancefloor will turn people round in the next few weeks.
  • Options
    VientreVientre Posts: 1,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caroline is very good but does she have the public appeal to secure enough votes? As we know its not all about dancing even though its a dance competition.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vientre wrote: »
    Caroline is very good but does she have the public appeal to secure enough votes? As we know its not all about dancing even though its a dance competition.

I'm not sure and being in the dance off before is a worry.....I just don't understand why some don't think she has appeal? To me, shes down to earth, has a great sense of humour, good partnership and a hard worker. I've noticed her supporting Judy and Sunetra in particular. Whats not to like?
  • Options
    coppertop1coppertop1 Posts: 4,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Abbey won despite a bottom 2 early appearance. If she stays this week after being in the dangerous middle ground that will give us more of an idea
  • Options
    Cally's mumCally's mum Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't Alesha also in the bottom two one week and she went on to win? Again, not always technically perfect but her joy and love of the dances was infectious.

I am actually a big fan anyway so she was always going to be a favourite. I do like Frankie and Jake as well, though, and Mark (which I realise is an unpopular choice on here). Pixie is amazing, and she and Trent are sweet and funny on ITT, but for some reason, I find their routines anodyne. And that is my problem, not theirs. She would deserve to win, but I would rather it be one of my favourites, obviously! :)
  • Options
    Jennifer_FJennifer_F Posts: 4,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In my opinion she is not as good as Frankie and Pixie
  • Options
    sradiasradia Posts: 940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If she makes it through this week, anything could happen. She has had some good dances and clearly has the potential to be very good. however, she has not yet reached that potential and had that wow dance, but that may not be a bad thing. We are starting to get to the end of the competition and if Caroline can produce a couple of brilliant performances over the next couple of weeks she may well get some momentum behind her which will propel her to the final, she does seem very likable which also helps.

Looking at her competition, in my opinion Jake may well have peaked too early; we all know how good Frankie and Pixie are, to the point where they are expected to be brilliant every week, perhaps the support they have built up will sustain them, but the public are notoriously fickle. Steve and Sunetra, while both popular are clearly the weakest dances and I would be very surprised if they make it to the final. Both Simon and Mark are having a resurgence and it's difficult to gauge how popular they have become.

I do think if Caroline peaks at the right time, she may pick up a lot of votes and sneak in and take the glitter ball, but she will need to stop making mistakes and get that wow dance.
  • Options
    posiepebblesposiepebbles Posts: 1,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sradia wrote: »
    If she makes it through this week, anything could happen. She has had some good dances and clearly has the potential to be very good. however, she has not yet reached that potential and had that wow dance, but that may not be a bad thing. We are starting to get to the end of the competition and if Caroline can produce a couple of brilliant performances over the next couple of weeks she may well get some momentum behind her which will propel her to the final, she does seem very likable which also helps.

Looking at her competition, in my opinion Jake may well have peaked too early; we all know how good Frankie and Pixie are, to the point where they are expected to be brilliant every week, perhaps the support they have built up will sustain them, but the public are notoriously fickle. Steve and Sunetra, while both popular are clearly the weakest dances and I would be very surprised if they make it to the final. Both Simon and Mark are having a resurgence and it's difficult to gauge how popular they have become.

I do think if Caroline peaks at the right time, she may pick up a lot of votes and sneak in and take the glitter ball, but she will need to stop making mistakes and get that wow dance.

Thanks for saving me quite a lot of typing :)

I think her American Smooth in the final could be that wow dance - if she can get there. After the slip, the whole thing lacked the confidence the routine demanded, but second time around could be stunning.
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jennifer_F wrote: »
    In my opinion she is not as good as Frankie and Pixie

I agree, and think Simon and Mark are both better dancers.
  • Options
    MinttymintMinttymint Posts: 183
    Forum Member
    Well to me she isn't as good as Frankie or Pixie and isn't as likable as Jake... She reminds me of Kimberley, good but not astounding and certainly not a winner.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member

Not enough reason for me to vote for her.
    I'm not sure and being in the dance off before is a worry.....I just don't understand why some don't think she has appeal? To me, shes down to earth, has a great sense of humour, good partnership and a hard worker. I've noticed her supporting Judy and Sunetra in particular. Whats not to like?

They all seem nice and hard working. I just don't think she is anything special.
  • Options
    mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kaycee wrote: »
    I agree, and think Simon and Mark are both better dancers.

Simon probably is but I don't think Mark is at all. I don't think Jake is quite as versatile as her either.

People say Caroline hasn't had a WOW dance but her and Pasha's tango many moons ago wowed me.

I hope she makes it to the final but it's a tough final few this series, and I'm finding everyone very likeable so I'd presume so do most people. It also depends on how the dances fall for each contestant.
  • Options
    gcmacgcmac Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She seems very popular, so I'm surprised she ended up in the bottom two a couple of weeks ago. I'm not sure whether she can win, if she ends up in a dance off with Simon, Jake, Frankie or Pixie (or even Mark) I'm not sure the judges would save her as they don't seem to be scoring her as highly. I thought she was really undermarked last night, apart from the slip on her dress I thought the rest of her performance was better than a lot on the night.
  • Options
    jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If she gets to the final it'll be very dependent on what happens in the show dance. Pasha has made a complete hash of choreographing two show dances already.
  • Options
    holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She can win but I think she is less likely to win than either Pixie or Frankie.
  • Options
    daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Minttymint wrote: »
    Well to me she isn't as good as Frankie or Pixie and isn't as likable as Jake... She reminds me of Kimberley, good but not astounding and certainly not a winner.
    Kimberley 'good but not astounding'!!! That's an outrage! >:( :D
    Caroline is as good as Frankie imo and as likeable as Jake. If she survives this week after being put in a poor position then we will get a feel of how popular she is. I do want to see the dance again .. but not in the dance off. She could be a winner but I have to agree about Pasha's showdances .. so far they've been iffy. A shame because his choreography during the competition is wonderful.
  • Options
    MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having a crappy showdance didn't stop Abbey or Harry winning.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If she gets to the final it'll be very dependent on what happens in the show dance. Pasha has made a complete hash of choreographing two show dances already.

Yup, he needs to consult Artem who did an amazing job last year with Natalie. Probably why they made the final 3 over Sophie & Brendan.
  • Options
    ErinnaErinna Posts: 663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caroline is my favourite too. Pasha is also my favourite professional dancer. I find them both so likeable and enthusiastic.