Comments

• whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, i was just about to post this :D
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad to see this is finally happening. The games market is slowing again, it needs new hardware to give it a boost.
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    8 to 16GB RAM, ...wowza, if Microsoft come along with the same the Wii U has been blasted out of the water, I also like that target, 1080p/60fps/Including 3D, seeing as some of that was the PS3's targets! :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    8 to 16GB RAM, ...wowza, if Microsoft come along with the same the Wii U has been blasted out of the water, I also like that target, 1080p/60fps/Including 3D, seeing as some of that was the PS3's targets! :p
    Dev kits typically carry double the RAM, so take that as 4Gb or 8Gb.

It is odd that there are two versions, I almost take this to mean that Sony is undecided on RAM and wants to see what people can do with the additional RAM, or if devs feel 4Gb is not enough.
    Forum Member
    Considering most modern graphics cards these days have 2GB by themselves, and with the rumours that the PS4 is going to be using a modified specific series, I think 4GB sounds likely as it would mean 2GB for GFX and 2GB for Main System, but would be amazing if they put out more, that's been the main complaint this generation, RAM, and luckily now, whilst CPU's haven't really advanced THAT much, but RAM has and the price has dropped an insane amount.
    Forum Member
    Just to bring up to, one of the BINK updates last week had this in the notes
    Changes from 1.99t to 1.99u (10-24-2012)
    - Added a new secret platform (contact us for details).

For those of you who don't know, BINK is the video format codec used by pretty much every gaming console out there and even used on PC games, and before anyone says, they've been listing Wii U for months now.
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    Notice whoever wrote the article used Gb (gigabits) when he probably meant GB (gigabytes). I don't think it will have 1GB or RAM and a 32GB HDD :D
  • ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BINK Video is gash. I wish devs would stop using it on the PS3.

As for the PS4, I hope Sony add some eDRAM, 32MB minimum. If they are serious about 1080p60 then 128MB would be ideal but it certainly wouldn't be cheap.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quick, find and decompile the SDK and find out what it is.