The Division

Comments

• OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Played the first few side missions before having to report back to the safe house. Went to do the Precinct Siege mission but it wouldn't matchmake so I just switched off for now to watch some TV but will try again later to see what's what.
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    tombigbee wrote: »
    Currently trying and failing to complete the activation right at the beginning of the game!

EDIT: Finally did it at the twentieth attempt.

Can't complete activation at all. Having something like that right at the start of the game, the part you would have expected to be tested the most, is very unprofessional. Whoever designed that game mechanic should be really feel ashamed of themselves.
  • tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lyricalis wrote: »
    Can't complete activation at all. Having something like that right at the start of the game, the part you would have expected to be tested the most, is very unprofessional. Whoever designed that game mechanic should be really feel ashamed of themselves.

Yep, bizarre, but must be an overloaded server issue.

I found by logging out and logging back in that I got it to work. Well... the second time I did that anyway.
  • FlyPiratesFlyPirates Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    Seen one first person shooter, seem them all. Amazed how many times they can recycle the same format and people buy it!
    Forum Member
    FlyPirates wrote: »
    Seen one first person shooter, seem them all. Amazed how many times they can recycle the same format and people buy it!

Lucky that this isn't a FPS then, isn't it? :D
  • SteptoeSteptoe Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    Enjoying it apart from the servers are now goosed I reckon. Keep getting delta error 10010355.

Had that activate bug as well on a second character I made, are they serious with that? About 20 people trying to log into one computer?! Some clown was doing star jumps in front of the activate laptop, hehe..
    I think I've also got a bug with the tutorial, upgrading a wing, already upgraded it but the icon is still there!!
    Also had the matchmaking joke where I had 2 teammates level four trying to do the hospital on hard?! Don't bother doing it on hard unless your at least level 7 or a decent player.
    Forum Member
    Enjoyed what I've played so far but I don't really understand what all the markers are on the map & the menu systems can be a bit confusing. I joined a friend mid mission and we played through that and one mission after that which seemed to work smoothly enough (I hope they started the mission on hard as I died a lot...)

On Uplay or whatever it's called now, I used points to buy a costume but I don't know how to equip it. Any ideas?
    Forum Member
    You have to collect the stuff from uplay from the rewards vendor at the base, where the three wings are.
    Forum Member
    Steptoe wrote: »
    You have to collect the stuff from uplay from the rewards vendor at the base, where the three wings are.

Thanks. I kept going to the gear vendor but couldn't see anything I unlocked. That'll be why!

I've just reached the base with the 3 wings & inspected them. Will try and complete the missions tomorrow to get them fixed up
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    Popped on to the server just after midnight and the room was a bit less crowded and I got activated. Went out and did a few of the intro side missions, came back, and the room was packed again, so I guess I was lucky earlier.

It seems OK, but I'm finding the interface hard work. It's very console-oriented, and reminds me of some of the annoying aspects of Mass Effect when it comes to inventory and skills management.

I'd probably get sacked if I'd designed anything like this for the military to use back when I did user interfaces for military applications. Far too 'busy', making it very easy to miss important things - another example of prettiness over functionality. Rather ironic when you consider you're supposed to be part of some military/police organisation or something.
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is tough. Quite a bit harder than the beta. Think I only died a couple of times in the whole beta, died about 7 times in one mission, the hospital mission :blush::D
    Forum Member
    Harder than the beta, I wouldn't go into the dark zone solo till you're about level ten at least.
    Looks like I have to start another character due to the tutorial bug. 9 hours wasted!
  • heyrehairheyrehair Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spent twenty minutes this morning trying to activate in the safe house - this is absurd.

Still not sorted, but I had to go to work.

>:(
  • MattDavisMattDavis Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    OMTT wrote: »
    I joined a friend mid mission and we played through that and one mission after that which seemed to work smoothly enough (I hope they started the mission on hard as I died a lot

I did make the mistake of trying it on hard. It wasn't too bad until I got to the roof. I was grateful when you turned up and gave me a hand. I'm going to have to dig my mic out so I can chat.

If anyone else wants to team up feel free PSN E5onAMP
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just had an email from SCEE:

"you’ve been activated‏"

I wonder if they've performed a hotfix to get around the laptop queues in the safehouse.

Wish I wasn't stuck at work...
  • claymore74claymore74 Posts: 1,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    heyrehair wrote: »
    Just had an email from SCEE:

"you’ve been activated‏"

I wonder if they've performed a hotfix to get around the laptop queues in the safehouse.

Wish I wasn't stuck at work...

I doubt it - I got that email as well, but don't have the game yet. It's just a marketing email.

Hope you get your issues sorted.
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enjoying it apart from the servers are now goosed I reckon. Keep getting delta error 10010355.

Had that activate bug as well on a second character I made, are they serious with that? About 20 people trying to log into one computer?! Some clown was doing star jumps in front of the activate laptop, hehe..
    I think I've also got a bug with the tutorial, upgrading a wing, already upgraded it but the icon is still there!!
    Also had the matchmaking joke where I had 2 teammates level four trying to do the hospital on hard?! Don't bother doing it on hard unless your at least level 7 or a decent player.

Star jumps, for some reason, we're used by players in the beta to show they meant no harm (in the dark zone) or to show they were up for teaming up with others.
  • ItHasPotentialItHasPotential Posts: 7,817
    Forum Member
    just did the hospital mission on my own, here i thought theres nothing to it them wham, enemies spawning all over the roof, mind you don't do what i did and shoot the gunner while he's shooting at you, wait till he reloads.

died like 11 times or so if you wanna team up just add sportsvcd.on the ps4
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...About 20 people trying to log into one computer?! Some clown was doing star jumps in front of the activate laptop, hehe...

I couldn't do anything else while I was waiting :blush::blush::blush:
  • IamParadoxIamParadox Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My bother has it on Xbox and seems to like it. I'm still undecided to buy the PC version. It sounds fun with the customisation options and the future content looks interesting,

Chances are I'll wait for some patches and hotfixes before I commit to buying it.
    Forum Member
    This gets boring quickly. I'm only level 9 but I feel like there's not a lot I haven't seen already. Glad I went halvers with my cousin on this, meaning I can just sell my download from my PS4 for £30 or so
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Classic carbine is the way to go, on the lower levels anyway
  • tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMTT wrote: »
    This gets boring quickly. I'm only level 9 but I feel like there's not a lot I haven't seen already. Glad I went halvers with my cousin on this, meaning I can just sell my download from my PS4 for £30 or so

This was what I was worried about going into it and at the moment it seems like the lack of variety could just make it all a bit monotonous.
  • ItHasPotentialItHasPotential Posts: 7,817
    Forum Member
    those bruisers are a ****ing knightmare
    Forum Member
    Played some more tonight and partied up with my cousin & it was really fun. It's definitely better playing with someone you know rather than randoms, especially if you've got a mic. I couldn't imagine tackling some of these missions on my own. It's really difficult, even on normal.

I don't know if it's just me but there doesn't seem to be many main missions on my map. There's tons of collectibles and side missions but main missions seem to be sparse. How do you get more to show on the map?

I'm finding the map quite difficult to read & I don't fully understand the perks/abilities stuff yet.

My 2 R1-L1 abilities are the mini machine gun turret & the health zone thing which creates a circle which heals you & team mates around you.

Haven't ventured into the dark zone place yet. Not sure what to expect there.

I'm going to stick with this for now & hope that it all clicks & I understand it all better.