The Division

Comments

• SteptoeSteptoe Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    Managed to get my first extraction done, just! Much harder than the beta to extract successfully.
    Npcs seems to turn up at just the wrong time. They all had shields and were about level 11/12.

Anyone know how to use these perfomance mods I got from the dark zone? You can craft them as well.
    I hear there are 26 main mission, easy, hard and challenging when you get to level 30.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very much enjoying this game playing with friends. I like the setting and weapons used in Division a lot more than I did with Destiny.

The only really disappointment is that you cannot trade items. For some reason my mate seems to get 10-20% more items drops than I do. I have only just got my first muzzle attachment while my mate already has 3 fully modded weapons.

And so far I cant really see why this is online only, from what I can see the Dark Zone is "Online mode" while the rest is "Single Player" with a co-op option. I cant see any need for an online connection to play what is basically a single player game.
  • claymore74claymore74 Posts: 1,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    Very much enjoying this game playing with friends. I like the setting and weapons used in Division a lot more than I did with Destiny.

The only really disappointment is that you cannot trade items. For some reason my mate seems to get 10-20% more items drops than I do. I have only just got my first muzzle attachment while my mate already has 3 fully modded weapons.

And so far I cant really see why this is online only, from what I can see the Dark Zone is "Online mode" while the rest is "Single Player" with a co-op option. I cant see any need for an online connection to play what is basically a single player game.

BiB - I'm hoping this will be the same for me too. (picking up the game tonight).

I believe a free update in April will add loot trading
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    They patched the game last night and the DZ seems tough as nails now. NPCs seem to be around every single corner.

I'll be on tonight with my mate if anyone wants to team up. We'll probably be in the Dark zone most of the night.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Tried the dark zone earlier but didn't really know what I was meant to be doing so died a lot. Is their a way to hide things from the map? I'm really finding it difficult to find any story missions as the map is cluttered with encounters & side missions. The only missions that are showing for me are in Murray Hill but they're level 24-25. I'm only level 12! The last mission I done was called Amherst's Appartment
    Forum Member
    claymore74 wrote: »
    BiB - I'm hoping this will be the same for me too. (picking up the game tonight).

I believe a free update in April will add loot trading

If you're on tonight, I'll join you. Will be good to team up with someone who understands what I mean when I say, "git that c**t up oan the veranda, he's got meh coarnurt" :D
  • tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMTT wrote: »
    If you're on tonight, I'll join you. Will be good to team up with someone who understands what I mean when I say, "git that c**t up oan the veranda, he's got meh coarnurt" :D

I'm on tonight too if you need some help shooting bad guys, although I'm only a lowly level 4 player at the moment.
  • shaddlershaddler Posts: 11,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From what I've seen on streams the game looks quite repetitive and boring, with hoodie-wearing enemies that can withstand a ridiculous amount of bullets. Glad I didn't pre-order.
    Forum Member
    After finding it boring after a few hours, I'm really enjoying myself playing this and the variety in the missions & collectibles to find.

I played for 3 hours just there on my own going around doing side missions & finding echoes, missing agents etc & had great fun in doing so. Also taking some time to suss out how the equipment, mods, abilities etc work. I think previously I had just rushed into missions without actually taking my time toget accustomed with the basics.

Then, just before I turn off for the night after just ranking up, I eventually find my next main mission on the map after hunting for hours previously!

This looks like it'll be my new go to game for some time & when I closed down my PS4 10 minutes ago, there were still 8/14 people on my friends list playing. Haven't seen that since back in the days when COD was king
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Like it. "The Scottish Division"

Suffered from "can't be ar$ed changing the disk" syndrome last night, so was on Far Cry instead. Will get on this over the weekend tho.
  • amar1286amar1286 Posts: 630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm really enjoying this game. I'm not much of a shooter fan but this game really is good.

however most of my Friends do not have this so would any PS4 gamers here join up for a session?
  • Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can you play this offline too ?
  • Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    Just downloaded it this morning before work on my PC, will be on tonight (Iscoed1815) give me a wave if you see me
  • deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can you play this offline too ?

No you have to be online to play, but you can play solo
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    I've played a bit more now, up to level 7, and I'm enjoying it so far. I've not tried grouping yet though. I still think the user interface is far too cluttered and complex though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shaddler wrote: »
    From what I've seen on streams the game looks quite repetitive and boring, with hoodie-wearing enemies that can withstand a ridiculous amount of bullets. Glad I didn't pre-order.

It's not going for realism like a standard shooter, it's an RPG first and foremost, but since it's in a realistic setting then it sticks out as a bit weird unlike in a game like Destiny where you're battling monsters. Gameplay wise though it makes sense and makes finding better gear more rewarding.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is the Hudson Camp mission actually possible??? Tried it with different groups but we all just keep dying in the final battle.
  • bottleofbestbottleofbest Posts: 8,026
    Forum Member
    It needs more games modes to interest me tbh. I don't think there's much replayability ( I know it's not a word, but couldn't think of the actual word to get my point across) once the missions are finished. I would like to have some capture the flag modes, or plunder, team deathmatch etc. I rarely buy new games, so when I do I like to play the hell out of it. MP keeps my interest in a game for a good year if there is still plenty of people in the lobby.
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's never fails to make me smile when I read comments that this game is repetitive, then in the same sentence I read, it's no COD. Well thank god for that :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tombigbee wrote: »
    Is the Hudson Camp mission actually possible??? Tried it with different groups but we all just keep dying in the final battle.

It's possible, did that mission yesterday with cpl carrot (think he's a resident of DS ), we did quite well, he revived me a few times but we got through first time, really enjoyed it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Started this last night, really enjoying it, finding it difficult to switch it off!

I just really like the whole setting and design. Way more rpg elements than I'm used to, but slowly getting to grips with it.

Just did the Hudson camp mission on my own. Tried it on hard and got annihilated, but managed it ok on normal.

Think I'll be playing this for quite a while.

Probably because I've been playing far cry, but I wish there was a "takedown". A couple of times I got close to enemies but the melee is pretty poor. Minor gripe though.
    Forum Member
    I've had a 2 day hangover so haven't played at all this weekend. How's everyone getting on with it? If anyone fancies trying their hand at the dark zone, send me an invite. Would be good to have a shot in there with with people who won't kill you!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reached level 12, damn game has me glued! Its definitely the looting and the never ending search for better weapons and armour that keeps me throwing hours at this game. Don't know if this was Ubi's intention, but it sure is the outcome.
    Forum Member
    Yeah, it's really addictive trying to find upgrades & having that one more mission factor which turns into 2 or 3, then finding a phone, then an echo, then another phone... Next thing it's 1:30am on a school night!

I'm level 14 so I thought I'd try the dark zone tonight as I saw that DZ1 was level 1-14 so I didn't want to be too high a rank that it wouldn't let me do it. I managed to get my first extraction at the 5th or 6th time of asking as I was just getting killed constantly and was by myself. I was lucky to reach the extraction point with 15 seconds to go after respawning & flanking round the area I can from previously and literally 2 seconds after I was successful, I was killed again so I left.

I didn't realise until after I left that the rank 1-14 was your DZ rank, not your character storyline rank! No wonder I was dying constantly. I was only level 4 and the enemies were rank 9-11 :blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had a 2 day hangover so haven't played at all this weekend. How's everyone getting on with it? If anyone fancies trying their hand at the dark zone, send me an invite. Would be good to have a shot in there with with people who won't kill you!

I'll be up for that. Not sure when I'll be on this week, but if I see you on I'll join or send an invite.

Managed to get up to level 11 last night. I did the mission where you've to destroy the napalm production plant. Thought it was brilliant. Every time I thought it was done, there was more to go.