Options

Dark Souls 3

Comments

• Options
    RubricalRubrical Posts: 2,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice one! :) Yeah I thought it was quite a nice boss, bit of a challenge during its second phase but nothing *too* demanding like a couple of others later on

Oooh, don't make me nervous! :p

Btw, is it just me or has there been no sublime bone dust / fire keeper soul to boost the estus flask?
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    Rubrical wrote: »

Btw, is it just me or has there been no sublime bone dust / fire keeper soul to boost the estus flask?

There is one in the area where the giant throws stones at the enemies. You have to jump across a small ledge to get it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    There is one in the area where the giant throws stones at the enemies. You have to jump across a small ledge to get it.

Which area is that?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Which area is that?

The Dilapidated Bridge bonfire, you walk along the path towards the tree boss, until you get to the area where the giant is hurling stones at the mob enemies. To the right is a ledge you have to jump to.
  • Options
    ShotDownInFlameShotDownInFlame Posts: 5,682
    Forum Member

There *is* a fire keeper soul in this game, spoiler below for its location:
    Buy the tower key from the vendor back at the hub (you need 20,000 souls so farm them in an area that will give you easy souls), then go to the very top floor of the hub area and take the right hand exit for the path up to the tower. Once you've reached the very top of the tower after a bridge and a lift, the Fire Keeper Soul will be right there
    It doesn't do what you describe in this game though, I think you need Estus Shards for that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The one to increase how much you heal from the estus is called an Undead Bone Shard, you burn them in the bonfire at Firelink Shrine.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Dilapidated Bridge bonfire, you walk along the path towards the tree boss, until you get to the area where the giant is hurling stones at the mob enemies. To the right is a ledge you have to jump to.

Aha, I just found it! Had to make 'peace' with the archer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There *is* a fire keeper soul in this game, spoiler below for its location:
    Buy the tower key from the vendor back at the hub (you need 20,000 souls so farm them in an area that will give you easy souls), then go to the very top floor of the hub area and take the right hand exit for the path up to the tower. Once you've reached the very top of the tower after a bridge and a lift, the Fire Keeper Soul will be right there
    It doesn't do what you describe in this game though, I think you need Estus Shards for that.

What does it do in this game? Currently have 7 estus uses. I hope I haven't missed any shards.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Aha, I just found it! Had to make 'peace' with the archer.

Yeah, it's a pain to get if you haven't! Sorry, should have mentioned that :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What does it do in this game? Currently have 7 estus uses. I hope I haven't missed any shards.

If you give it to the Fire Keeper back at the hub she can heal dark sigils for you, not sure how useful that is as i haven't found a single dark sigil yet :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Made pretty good progress today, managed to get by the cathedral which I'd been stuck on for quite a while and now have 7 bosses souls' under my belt. In the Boreal Valley now and totally lost, this time I genuinely don't know where to go though as I feel like I've tried every single path and can't find the one that leads to the boss :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just got the Deacon boss after many one shot curse deaths :(

Now I don't have a clue where to go.

Patches lowered a bridge and I can't raise it back again. Damn Patches. >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just got the Deacon boss after many one shot curse deaths :(

Now I don't have a clue where to go.

Patches lowered a bridge and I can't raise it back again. Damn Patches. >:(

Now that you've done the deacon boss head back to that swamp with the crabs but instead of going left towards where you fought the Crystal Mage head right and you'll find a path that leads to a much more poisonous swampy area which is Farron Keep and from there its pretty self explanatory.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now that you've done the deacon boss head back to that swamp with the crabs but instead of going left towards where you fought the Crystal Mage head right and you'll find a path that leads to a much more poisonous swampy area which is Farron Keep and from there its pretty self explanatory.

Thank you! :( I had made a mental note of that area too but as soon as I found the chapel I had completely forgotten about it. :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I know I said earlier I wouldn't use anyone's help, but if anyone can beat the boss of Irithyll of the Boreal Valley solo, you are a much better man than I.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I know I said earlier I wouldn't use anyone's help, but if anyone can beat the boss of Irithyll of the Boreal Valley solo, you are a much better man than I.

I'm not there yet, but I believe you :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm not there yet, but I believe you :p

It took 3 of us and even then it was complete luck, one of the spirits died halfway through and both the other spirit and I had only a tiny, tiny fraction of health when we did the finishing blow, this game is not good for my blood pressure :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gave up trying to beat the Farron Keep boss solo so brought another player in, suffice to say combined it was a flawless victory, neither of us took a single hit, I'm gonna be honest, the victory felt really quite hollow and I don't think I'll be using another players help again unless I REALLY get stuck like that.

Hands are shaking! I just did this boss after numerous attempts and holy hell... this felt like a DLC boss, like Orphan of Kos level of pain. That second goddamn phase. Well done for not taking a single hit!

Humourously I did have one of the stupid grunts in the fight with me as he felt it was necessary to come through the fog gate!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hands are shaking! I just did this boss after numerous attempts and holy hell... this felt like a DLC boss, like Orphan of Kos level of pain. That second goddamn phase. Well done for not taking a single hit!

Humourously I did have one of the stupid grunts in the fight with me as he felt it was necessary to come through the fog gate!

I hate to say it, but I found that boss one of the easiest so far. I had much more trouble with the giant tree boss! Some people probably found that easy. Swings and roundabouts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate to say it, but I found that boss one of the easiest so far. I had much more trouble with the giant tree boss! Some people probably found that easy. Swings and roundabouts.

Seriously? I felt like it was fighting a souped up Artorias in the second phase. What was your weapon/build? What strategy did you have?

I thought the tree boss was more annoying than hard, trying to hit those damn eggs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Seriously? I felt like it was fighting a souped up Artorias in the second phase. What was your weapon/build? What strategy did you have?

I thought the tree boss was more annoying than hard, trying to hit those damn eggs.

Yes, honestly, I'm not just trying to sound badass (because I'm really not :p)

I have a sort of hybrid magic/ sword build. I cast great magic weapon on my sword, that was doing a ton of damage, it's a raw infused longsword +3 and I'd occasionally fire a few soul arrows at him too.

I actually found the second phase easier, because you only have him to worry about, I'd just roll behind and hit him with a couple of slashes over an over, and I did burn through a few estus but I have 7 of them.

I'm level 49.

Vigor - 17
    Attunement - 18
    Endurance - 19
    Vitality - 15
    Strength - 17
    Dexterity - 14
    Intelligence - 18
    Faith - 10
    Luck - 10

Fallen Knight Armour
    Longsword
    Kite Shield

Lingering Dragoncrest Ring
    Sage Ring
    Chloranthy Ring
    Untrue Dark Ring

It's far from an optimal build, but it's working out well so far. I'll probably respec at some point though and optimise it more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, honestly, I'm not just trying to sound badass (because I'm really not :p)

I have a sort of hybrid magic/ sword build. I cast great magic weapon on my sword, that was doing a ton of damage, it's a raw infused longsword +3 and I'd occasionally fire a few soul arrows at him too.

I actually found the second phase easier, because you only have him to worry about, I'd just roll behind and hit him with a couple of slashes over an over, and I did burn through a few estus but I have 7 of them.

I'm level 49.

Vigor - 17
    Attunement - 18
    Endurance - 19
    Vitality - 15
    Strength - 17
    Dexterity - 14
    Intelligence - 18
    Faith - 10
    Luck - 10

Fallen Knight Armour
    Longsword
    Kite Shield

Lingering Dragoncrest Ring
    Sage Ring
    Chloranthy Ring
    Untrue Dark Ring

It's far from an optimal build, but it's working out well so far. I'll probably respec at some point though and optimise it more.

Yeah, sounds like it's working well. I'm purely melee strength build. Can you respec in this game? Are soul vessels a thing?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah, sounds like it's working well. I'm purely melee strength build. Can you respec in this game? Are soul vessels a thing?

You can but I don't think I've reached that area yet.

It's a covenant that lets you do it and you use a pale tongue. I think you only get 3 in each play through, but you can get more by pvp-ing within that covenant. It also lets you change your appearance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can but I don't think I've reached that area yet.

It's a covenant that lets you do it and you use a pale tongue. I think you only get 3 in each play through, but you can get more by pvp-ing within that covenant. It also lets you change your appearance.

Awesome. Glad they carried that on over from Dark Souls 2.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Have to say, 10 bosses in now, never got even a fraction as far as this in any of the previous entries due to frustration and just not really having the patience for it, but this game is for me the best game on PS4 and reminded me why I fell in love with gaming in the first place.

The world is beautiful, the action is great, the game is hard but completely fair (*most* of the time), the designs are extremely unique and terrifying in the best way and the community is just awesome, I love reading the various notes and getting a note that read "invisible wall ahead" only for there to ACTUALLY be an invisible wall was a complete miracle :o

All that having been said, f*ck the Dancer of Boreal Valley he keeps one shotting me :(:D